Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

1141516171820»

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    This weekend, I hope to catch up on some of the messages posted above.

@Pupowl - Your story about helping the elderly man find his way home made me so happy. Thank you for going out of your way to care for him. My father in law has dementia and his neighbors keep a careful eye on him which brings some peace as we navigate all the pieces of his care so he can ‘age in place’ at home. My mother is also starting to lose her way and we’re trying to assess her level of care. My sister is a nurse and visits regularly and I’ll be staying with her for about a month this summer, but it certainly takes a community to keep the elderly safe and happy.

I’d love to hear more about your most recent trip to Africa @cobluejay. That’s a ‘bucket list’ trip for me but I’m not sure where to start my planning. Do you have a favorite country with in Africa you would recommend visiting? I’d love to see the natural wildlife that draws so many visitors, and I’m also interested in getting a sense of the many cultures and varied experiences. Is all that possible without costing a fortune? I’m saving enough for a mid-level trip but also wonder how much time is needed to make the experience worthwhile. No need to answer these questions in detail but if there’s a destination that stood out to you as special, I’d love to hear about it.

@cre804 - The beach is my happy place. My skin doesn’t like the sun but the ocean draws me. Your trip to Spain sounded like a lovely ‘escape’ with a friend, @izzyred9400. I am also outnumbered at home with a husband, two sons, and even a male dog that processes his emotions through me! There is nothing like a special friendship that allows us to let our guard down and share deep experiences together. That is definitely a simple pleasure that still feels extraordinary. One of my favorite simple pleasures is getting together with my family at a local park, hiking trail, or seaside ice cream shack (after a walk! 😉). I hope you enjoy your family reunion @ JenHul!

It’s great to hear about trips to the beach and simple pleasures like playing kickball with family and friends @ewilhelm2487 and hanging laundry on the clothesline. I love that feeling of being outside while getting my laundry done, and then bringing the fresh scent into the house as I collect the clothes off the line. I try to practice mindfulness while I fold clothes, which sounds odd but is surprisingly soothing.

BTW, I hope your tooth has healed and your swelling improves. You are really dealing with a lot @ewilhelm2487 — I hope you can get more rest soon! I’m also thinking of you @LaurieWrobo as I send healing wishes. Enjoy your garden, and I hope your husband feels strong enough to turn the soil together again soon.

@Afura - I’m so sorry to hear about the added cost of rent. I hope you can offset the expense and find some balance. Maybe you can make the case for a raise in pay following your training?! My parents always said that the only thing that can’t be taken away from us is our education. Learning a new skill can open new doors so I wish you the best.

@angmarie0821 - I hope you can breathe easy with the end of the school year. Enjoy your well-deserved rest (from one job 🙃 at least).

I’m looking forward to using the June Habit Tracker — I love a fresh opportunity to build a positive habit!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal I have no words, I’m sorry for the pain. Sending hugs your way
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @KHill875 I hope everyone feels better soon
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    Hi SS ... one more new member joining your marvelous team..Please welcome @Rmyles11 :)
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal my heart goes out to you
  • bearchested
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 196.0
    CW: 195.6
    LTD: 11.4

Sorry I missed yesterday, I was running around shopping and setting up camp as my daughter wanted to camp in the backyard this weekend.

I'm a little confused with the scale yesterday. I was 194.8 on Thursday morning, and was aiming for 1.5lb loss this week. I went to an impromptu lunch with my boss and outside advisors on Thursday. While my calories for the day were on track, restaurants always push my fat macro and sodium numbers high. This morning I weighed 194.6, so I'm still on track.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Sorry, NWI this week, was traveling and away from scale.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    edited May 2022
    Bearchested
    Friday

Sorry I missed yesterday, I was running around shopping and setting up camp as my daughter wanted to camp in the backyard this weekend.

I'm a little confused with the scale yesterday. I was 194.8 on Thursday morning, and was aiming for 1.5lb loss this week. I went to an impromptu lunch with my boss and outside advisors on Thursday. While my calories for the day were on track, restaurants always push my fat macro and sodium numbers high. This morning I weighed 194.6, so I'm still on track.

@bearchested Based on your writing in the paragraph above, I think you meant 194.6 for the CW?? Please advise, but that's what I'll enter for now, until I hear from you. Which is correct 194 or 195?

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 2022
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, May 29th. Join us for "Cardio & Caring"! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865587/june-week-1-group-challenge-cardio-caring#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • bearchested
    Bearchested
    Friday

@bearchested Based on your writing in the paragraph above, I think you meant 194.6 for the CW?? Please advise, but that's what I'll enter for now, until I hear from you. Which is correct 194 or 195?

Jessica

Friday is my weigh day, and since I weighed 195.6 on Friday that's what I put. I usually weigh myself everyday which is why I mentioned my Saturday weight. I'm fine putting either number as my weigh-in this week.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 2022
    Friday is my weigh day, and since I weighed 195.6 on Friday that's what I put. I usually weigh myself everyday which is why I mentioned my Saturday weight. I'm fine putting either number as my weigh-in this week.

Hey there @bearchested since you reported in today, I'm going to leave it at the weight you had this morning. Nice loss this week!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Sorry, NWI this week, was traveling and away from scale.

@mulecanter I've asked the MODS to EXC you for this past week. If you'll let me know in advance, I'll arrange this before you go, next time. Welcome back! :smile:
  • Rmyles11
    Rmyles11 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and the app. I really desire to be healthy and weigh less. Looking for support and accountability.

Weigh in day is Monday

CW 248lb

SW 250lb
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited May 2022
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 217.2

Steps
    May 27: 13.370
    May 28: 13.392
    I would like to be added to the June stepteam with 12.000 daily steps please, thank you!

@PatriceFitnessPal
    I am sorry to hear that you had such a rough week with a lot of loss. I hope you can find your own peace. I don't really know how to get to this point myself. I absorb negativity really easy and I can get really worked up about injustices in the world. Because of this, I have mostly stopped reading the news purely to protect myself. Sometimes reading a headline was enough for me to start crying, so I felt it was better to avoid news sites. I don't want to be completely ignorant either though, so if something big is going on, usually my mom will inform me. I also watch some streamers online and big stuff will come up with them too.
    Dementia can be really hard to watch. My grandma had this as well. We weren't super close, but she was nice and I would regularly visit her with my dad. I stopped going at the end because I couldn't handle seeing her anymore; she was just sitting in her chair most days, staring at nothing, not having a clue what was going on around her.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 911 Member
    @CasandraW it was me ! I have an even less elaborate water feature in my back yard.A bucket filled with gravel & water.The birds love it though.I did manage to video 2 blackbirds having a bath together a while back.I love watching them too.
    I am sorry @PatriceFitnessPal that you've had such a bad few days.It's awful when bad news comes all at once.Expecially a death of someone close to you & your family.
    I hope that your son & you can support each other through this sad time.
    You sound like you are making an effort to support your community which is fantastic.A good way to turn something negative to positive.
This discussion has been closed.