NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I went on a bike ride this morning, tested my sugar levels, blood pressure and have been getting some of "MY" things done. It felt good. I really and going to be watching my body this next couple of weeks to see if anything tells me what could have caused my episode on last Monday. I gained 1.8 lbs this week, no surprise, so we will see what this week brings. LOL. I have to start eating more veggies and fruit..it might be canned, but it will be veggies.LOL

@trooworld glad you are improving with the tonal, yes look at your meal plans and see what fits this week. I did have my PB sandwich.. (:

@TeresaW1020 I am so glad you cancelled that program..I am afraid all the stress will do you more harm than good..you know your body and your household..you decide what is good for you. Yes, last night when my grand daughter asked me what was for dinner, I said...you know someday I will be able to ask you what is for dinner...(she is 23). I might as well been talking to my stove..LOL

@theslightedgeforever I got rid of all my weights, I have the bands and some 3 lb weights...I will be working on incorporating some of those into a routine...but working on a couple of other things right now.. LOL

cbabie

Yes veggies are veggies canned, fresh or frozen. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed your Mexican food. I did, too! I'm glad you liked the movie and that the potluck went well. That's sweet about the people at the church sitting with Joe. That program does sound like a lot and maybe this is not the right time for it for you. Maybe you can do it again in the future when things are calmer. I'm glad you joined the challenge! Have a good day.

@theslightedgeforever Oh good! I wasn't going to post them anymore but I will. Here was yesterday's. I won't work out again until Weds or Fri, not sure yet which. Great job with the 51 mins of exercise! I think your future self would thank you. And also for the salad and cantaloupe. ;) Yay for a green dot! Sorry for the gain. Yes, today is a new day!

@cbabie Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself, yeah! I'm glad you are keeping an eye on things. Did the doctor say what could have caused it? As I said to your sister, today is a new day, a new week. You've got this. I hope you enjoyed the PB sandwich, yum. I used to love canned green beans but now I only eat them frozen. I wonder if I would still like canned green beans?

@gemwolf110 That's good you got your yard work almost done. Good luck with the job search!

Hello all. I worked out again yesterday (see below). I like the program I'm working on, it's called Off the Floor. Some of the exercises are traditionally done on a mat or on the floor but the coach has modified the exercises so that everyone can do them, they are done either on the bench or standing. It's a good starting point for me. My booty is so sore from the workouts lol. I'm taking a break for a day or two to let it heal up. Food was good yesterday until it wasn't: I got home, was starving, and instead of reaching for fruit like @theslightedgeforever would do, I grabbed tortilla chips and salsa. The worst part was that dinner was already made, all I had to do was heat it up. I think I was just sabotaging myself for some reason.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

sxryvhhxyuyy.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I haven't gotten dressed and went outside yet, but the plan is to ride the bike this morning and come back and clean, get dinner figured out and then read for a bit. For some reason my upper chest/back is sore. I haven't done anything to make it sore, so not sure why I hurt. LOL. Food was okay yesterday...I took baby girl to the store with me and she wanted a ball, (didn't need another ball) then she wanted birthday cake for daddy...(not his birthday)...but we got it, she ate some of it..it's still on the counter..I have not interest. (YET) LOL

@gemwolf110 I wouldn't be out with bats either..LOL. We have such little grass in our yard, its mostly rock...good thing I guess. However, I do like grass, but it's so hot here most people don't have a lot of it. Hope you find the job that fits, you are always keeping your toe in the water.. LOL So it will happen at the right time.

@trooworld your workout wore me out looking at it. I am so glad you are able to use this now...I told my DH about it and he just looked at me like NOT..LOL. I guess I will sit on the sidelines and watch your workouts. :). Maybe you should try canned, I really think they taste like wax, but then I love fresh cooked, just don't like cooking them..LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited May 2022
    @cbabie How about you eat your PB sandwich and then add some carrots?

@gemwolf110 Yaaay on the Zumba. I don't think I would like those bats.

@trooworld I only eat frozen green beans too. I think the only thing canned I eat now is beans. Especially now with the reading about the chemical linings in the cans that can seep into the food. Same reason I don't think those microwaveable veggies in the bag are really good for you. It's more convenient but I think best to put them in a glass container or a steamer. Thanks for posting the exercises. My next day for weights is Thursday.

Green dot earned.

🟢🟢
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That sounds like a good plan, did you do it? Why not celebrate daddy's birthday? LOL how cute! Yeah, I'm glad I can use it, too, otherwise, it would be another expensive paperweight like the spin bike lol. I hate that bike, it hurts me to ride it. And DH doesn't ride it since we got the Tonal. You could do some strength training at home: if you don't have weights, I always read where you can lift gallons of milk, cans of soup, etc. The canned veggies taste like wax? LOL No thanks! Although I did use to like those wax candies filled with liquids. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I do like fresh green beans but they are too much work lol. So, frozen it is! I never thought about the microwaveable veggies, I use those all the time. I also probably shouldn't use the slow cooker liners that I use. :/ Good job on the green dot!

Hello all. The pollen count is supposedly really high here right now and my eyeballs feel like someone is scratching them with a toothpick lol. I have tried putting drops in my eyes but that only relieves them for a short time. I don't know what else to do besides complain lol. I'm not working out again until later this week, either tomorrow or Friday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Pollen is the worst! My mom, who doesn’t even go outside has been suffering so badly from allergies that she didn’t even go to church or the potluck last Sunday. I hope you get some relief soon. :/

@cbabie Sorry that your chest/back hurt. Could it be the way you are sleeping? I’ve had a major pain happening in my right collarbone for a couple of months now and I’ve finally determined it’s how I’m sleeping. Not sure how I’m supposed to fix that issue! I need someone to bring random birthday cakes home to me! :D

Hello! I took Joe to get his CT scan done this morning. We meet with the oncologist on Friday to find out the results. I’m sure praying that he is cancer-free. Tonight, I’m going to church for the kids Awana ceremony. After the horror of what has happened in Texas, I just want to go love on some sweet kiddos. I can’t imagine what those parents are going through. It took me weeks to stop imaging the last moments of my daughter’s life and what I went through doesn’t even come close to what these parents are living with today. :'( I did do a workout this morning and my eating has been good so far. There is a potluck reception tonight at the church and I’m already having a serious discussion with myself about what I will allow and not allow. :|
  • cbabie
    Hi all, I went on a bike ride today took Baby girl to the library and did some stretches there with her..(not more than a min) but it felt good. LOL I ate terrible last night and am just writing it off and moving on...I do need to incorporate stretching in my plan..that felt so good..

@TeresaW1020 I holding Joe in prayer too! I haven't read about the TX thing, I knew it happened, but haven't looked at it. I need to do that to keep my focus on what's important. ( raising baby girl) Great job on the workout. Hope you win your discussion. LOL

@trooworld I have bands I bought..just need to use them...so I must start!!! Pollen is bad here to, I have done nothing but sneeze all day..

@theslightedgeforever yuck carrots and PB..ugh no thanks...I like cooked carrots, but not with my PB or ever close after my PB..LOL.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you, my eyes feel better today. Oh I hope Joe is cancer-free. I'll be thinking of you guys. Yeah, what happened in TX is so tragic. I can't even begin to imagine. That's good you are thinking ahead about the potluck.

@cbabie Stretching feels so good. Yes, start with those bands, girlfriend! I hope the pollen count goes down there.

Hello all. My pup is getting her 2nd eye surgery today (the vet down in Mexico didn't get all of the matter out and it caused a problem). This is technically my work-from-home day but I have a lot to do in the office so I'm going in while Daisy is in surgery. I won't work out today, no time. I hope to tomorrow. Food was pretty good. Not perfect but better.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you, my eyes feel better today. Oh I hope Joe is cancer-free. I'll be thinking of you guys. Yeah, what happened in TX is so tragic. I can't even begin to imagine. That's good you are thinking ahead about the potluck.

@cbabie Stretching feels so good. Yes, start with those bands, girlfriend! I hope the pollen count goes down there.

Hello all. My pup is getting her 2nd eye surgery today (the vet down in Mexico didn't get all of the matter out and it caused a problem). This is technically my work-from-home day but I have a lot to do in the office so I'm going in while Daisy is in surgery. I won't work out today, no time. I hope to tomorrow. Food was pretty good. Not perfect but better.

Praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery for Daisy!
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Thank you very much!

Hi all. Daisy's surgery went well and she's back home snoring away. My husband didn't feel like cooking last night so we got food delivery. I made a good choice: grilled boneless skinless chicken + roasted potatoes + salad. It was good and I was satisfied with my choice.

We are planning a trip to Mexico City for a week in January. We've reserved an AirBnB and flights and I am very excited. I'm trying to learn some Spanish before we go. I hope to also lose some weight. I've got time: that's 7 months away.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, Yesterday was a blur to me.. I really didn't get much done. I didn't eat too bad, but not great before I went to bed. I was extremely tired. Got up a little later today, but have already stretched, went to the park, put some new things on my calendar. Baby girl did stretches with me..she could reach her toes plus...I could reach my knees..and she kept saying you can do it..LOL. It felt good to stretch..my upper chest and back are just so sore and I am not sure why. LOL

@trooworld So glad Daisy's all better and on the mend. Your January trip sounds like you..LOL I expect to hear you have pictures all over your place and computer of where you are going and a countdown. LOL. Great job on the choices..the best of both worlds. no cook eat well...LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I hope you can get some rest this weekend. Stretching is so good. Yeah, Daisy's eye is swollen so we have to ice it and she doesn't like that. I don't blame her lol. LOL...yeah, Mexico City is right up my alley...food...culture...margaritas! I can't wait. I will put up countdowns and stuff and share pics when I get back!

Hi all. I am making a rare nighttime pop-in to share a great article that is on the Tonal website about habit formation: https://www.tonal.com/blog/habit-formation-strategies/ I need to read it closer but it looks really good. I'm also going to be really busy tomorrow: I have to go to WW, get groceries, and work for about 5 hours. I hope you have a great Saturday!

• theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2022
    Hello all I'm so tired. Too many outings this week and this next week has a couple. I just want to hibernate. I didn't follow my healthy habits yesterday. I don't think I've tracked in 3 days which is so unlike me. I really haven't done much of anything but go out. I hate weeks like this but this too shall pass.

🟢🟢
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie How fun to do stretches with Baby Girl. :grin: I hope you get some rest.

@trooworld Poor Daisy! I hope her eye will heal quickly and she will feel better. A trip to Mexico City sounds wonderful and super relaxing! You now have some real motivation to drop some pounds and buy some cute vacation clothes! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever I feel you on being tired of going out so much and how it takes a toll on our healthy habits. I’ve been home today but between taking care of DH and my long to-do list, it isn’t very restful. :/

Hello! Joe and I went to see the oncologist yesterday and the good news is that his CT scan didn’t show any signs of cancer. We will have another scan in three months. The oncologist was concerned by Joe’s weight loss, anemia, and that the CT scan showed that he has a fairly severe bowel obstruction. So, he gave him an Rx for Linzess which was crazy expensive, but we went ahead and got it. Otherwise, we are looking at finding a GI doctor or going back to the hospital. Ugghhh! I’ve spent today getting this and that done. The bird that built a nest on my front porch had her babies, so I keep looking out the window at their tiny heads. Sooo cute!! :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Wow, I'm tired just reading your post. I do hope you can take care of "you". Yes, this shall pass.

@TeresaW1020 She is feeling better, yesterday she walked around with a toy in her mouth so that's a good sign! :D Yes, I hope to lose a good amount of weight in time for my trip. Oh that's wonderful news from the oncologist! I'm so glad and I know you are both relieved. Poor Joe, he can't catch a break, I hope that a GI doctor can help. Oh, that's so cute I bet, the baby birds.

Hello all. I worked 3.5 hrs overtime yesterday and even though it was annoying, I do appreciate the extra money. I need to do better at spur-of-the-moment decisions: my husband and I didn't feel like cooking so my husband suggested we get pizza. I just agreed and ate the pizza. :/ I'm pretty good when I can plan things out but I think I was caught off guard and also a little stressed from work. Ugh. Today, we are grilling some food and taking them over to my brother-in-law's apartment. I planned Kung Pao Chicken Skewers and a salad especially for me but others can have it, too. They are having ribs, potato salad, and baked beans and I am making a fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust. It has a cream cheese frosting on it. I will have a small piece of that.

• trooworld
    Hello all. I worked out yesterday on the Tonal (see below). I ate like crap yesterday again. :( I had a good plan but it went out the window. I'm going for a long walk with a friend around a lake today. It should be fun. My knee hurt in the middle of the night so I hope I can walk today. The lake is 5 miles around, I don't know if I will make it that long.

uxnmnp46ugpo.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2022
    @teresaw1020 Woohoo on the great report from the oncologist.

@trooworld Looks like you are beginning to make the tonal a habit. Good for you. Could you keep salad fixings around the house and then eat some pizza along with a salad. Making this note to myself. I imbibed on pizza this weekend. Can you imbibe a pizza? Sad thing it wasn't as good as normal but I kept eating.

hey to the rest of you. I did not track for 4 days. Only exercised 3 days last week. I did earn a green dot yesterday. So three for the week. I have also met my water goal two days. But I gained 3.5 lbs. So onward we go.

I found a nice book called 12 week year. It's a different mindset than we usually have.

🟢🟢🟢
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Hey all. I’m back on the forums. Will try to be somewhat active. 5 months into a full house renovation. Starting to get to me. About 1 more month to go. Quit weight watchers. Did 4 months of Noom. Now just counting calories here and using my Fitbit. Been getting my steps in. Just finished a 6 week step bet. And right now doing a conquer challenge (mt Everest) Cashed in my Ww reward points. Went for a 6 km 44
    Minute jog this morning. Just need to get back at doing my BOD workouts. But house is just to disastrous right now. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • trooworld
    edited May 2022
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I am. I love it. I could do that. I say you can imbibe a pizza lol. I would do that, too, if it wasn't as good as normal. I just have a thing with pizza. I'm sorry about the gain. You know what you need to do, I know. Just gotta do it. I look forward to your insights on your new book.

@renaegry Welcome back! A full house renovation sounds wonderful but stressful. I did Noom for a wee bit, it took too much time out of my day so I quit it. Now, I'm just doing WW. Good job on the step bet and your jog.

Hi all. I hope you had a nice day yesterday. Before I met my friend for a walk, I decided to do a Tonal workout. I knew if I didn't do it right then and there, I wouldn't do it. I didn't make it all around the lake but I did make it 4.12 miles. It was a nice day yesterday. After the lake walk, I came home and my husband and I went for lunch. I ordered an ahi tuna salad and a beer (we were at a beer place, had to!). We sat outside, it was nice. Came home and took a nap. I ended up getting 12,632 steps yesterday. How was your day?

Water yesterday: 70 oz

gbxq2dac2dgo.png
    0b3jlgvtqduz.jpg
  • cbabie
    Hello all, I was MIA for a couple of days. I had a 1.8 gain and I can say its cause I didn't track last week and I really haven't been exercising. So yesterday I cleaned most of the day, went for a bike ride and we cooked out. I just had a hamburger, but that was 12 grams of FAT...and of course I had to have PB yesterday, that was 16 grams of FAT, so I was over, and a little over calories, but I could have done so much more worse. LOL

@trooworld I am so proud of you, you go girl with the TONAL. I am trying to ride my bike 5 times a week and then do my bands 3 times a week. You ALSO made it almost the whole way around the lake..I hear a song in my head...get your body movin...I think you are!!!!

@theslightedgeforever sorry about the gain, but you are back to tracking, so you will do this. you know I don't eat PIZZA only because of the sodium, too bad I couldn't do that with PB because of the FAT.. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 So glad to hear the good news and pray you find the right Dr for the other news. I have deleted and retyped so many things to you this morning..LOL. What I want to say is I am praying for you and so glad you are there for your DH and mom and we are here for YOU....( I can't come clean or cook, but I can give you support and encouragement). LOL I can try to make you laugh..we all need to laugh.

@renaegry welcome back..I hope your renovations end soon and you then can sit back and enjoy the view you have worked so hard for. I took a few deep breaths for you.. LOL

Cbabie