What We're Eating

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Not following the thread's usual lead...but here are a few of my things that I'm currently enjoying (except I'm not too sure if I really like those Buddha bars...)
    tsouckf89xsk.jpg
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 321 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Not following the thread's usual lead...but here are a few of my things that I'm currently enjoying (except I'm not too sure if I really like those Buddha bars...)
    tsouckf89xsk.jpg

Almond butter, medjool dates, tahini. Check, check, check. And Lily's chocolate--yum.

Tell me about that pumpkin protein powder (ie, what you put with it).
  • DiscusTank5
    B: scrambled eggs with cheddar; cantaloupe; black tea with half and half
    L: bean and cheese pupusas with coleslaw, rice, and pureed black beans (a first for me)
    S: venison steak, small baked potato, mixed veg
    snacks: lots of Dove mint chocolates

exercise: 88 minutes of bicycling out of doors, including some big hills; 40 min. walk with hubs, son, and the dog
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: Mini bagel with cream cheese, 2 hardboiled eggs
    Lunch: Frozen shrimp pad thai, mixed berries, and some popcorn
    Dinner: Burrito bowl with chicken, peppers, onions, roasted corn, rice, avocado, salsa, and sour cream
    Dessert: Goldfish

Movement: 1 walk outside for about 15 minutes total. My back and right ankle were really bothering me so I didn't want to push it. I also did some gentle stretching but nothing big. Kept it all easy.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    tsouckf89xsk.jpg

Almond butter, medjool dates, tahini. Check, check, check. And Lily's chocolate--yum.

Tell me about that pumpkin protein powder (ie, what you put with it).

As far as the taste goes...not as 'pumpkin spice' forward as I wanted. I have just been using it by adding it to oatmeal/baked goods, smoothies to get in some more protein for the day.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    Hi everyone! Finally got finals done and was pleased to see that I've lost 2+ lbs this week. That said, I'm heading to a barbeque later on today... lol Actually, I don't think there will be much vegan stuff there, so I'll probably have the pasta I'm bringing and some veggies or fruit if they have any :)

Breakfast: Coffee and cereal with soy milk and strawberries
    Lunch: Bean and green soup with a vegan ham sandwich
    Dinner: Pasta primavera
    Snacks: Veggies and fruit (?)
  • Kateskate123
    Kateskate123 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey all! Been eating way over my goal lately. Feeling crappy about it but I’m back at it!

B strawberry rhubarb pie, pasta salad and coffee with half and half (more than half my calories for the day! 😬)

L salad and cucumbers that I just picked!

D stir fried veggies

S: cheese stick

Movement: long walk

Feels good to be back to planning and logging!
  • Kateskate123
    Today feels like a more "in control" sort of day, less emotional and boredom eating so that's good!

B - Coffee half and half
    L - Pasta salad with lots of veggies
    D - Pulled pork sandwich on a brioche roll & sweet corn
    S - Cherries and an energy drink

Movement: Lots of physical work today, lifting, nearing 7000 steps by 1pm.
  • Kateskate123
    Hello! Hope all are well! I got some bad news at the dr. Fatty Liver Disease. So it’s time to get to business over here! Just got back from the store with tons of veggies, fruit, whole grains. Got some veggie burgers and cod!

No real meal plan today. Just snacked a bit. But I made a purple barely salad with balsamic dressing. Plus, I had a pb&j.

Dinner is a sheet pan meal: roasted polenta, radicchio, fennel, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini w/ a sprinkle of parm.
  • Kateskate123
    edited May 2022
    Gorgeous day here but getting hot so I’m going to the Downton Abbey movie on a bit. Going to get the popcorn and an ice tea.

B: coffee and half and half
    L: grain salad, watermelon, 🍿
    D :1/2 of a flatiron steak, corn on the cob, Yukon gold potatoes with butter and light sour cream.

Movement: 30 minute walk to the prairie (already done!)
  • Kateskate123
    Memorial day on a vegetable farm looks like most other days, so no big cookouts over here. Busy day harvesting so I'm getting lots of steps!

BF: Coffee and half and half
    L: Left over roasted polenta with veggies and pesto
    D : Veggie burger, whole wheat bun with all the fixings, home fries
    S: Luna Bar

Movement: work, baby! :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Hello! Hope all are well! I got some bad news at the dr. Fatty Liver Disease. So it’s time to get to business over here! Just got back from the store with tons of veggies, fruit, whole grains. Got some veggie burgers and cod!

No real meal plan today. Just snacked a bit. But I made a purple barely salad with balsamic dressing. Plus, I had a pb&j.

Dinner is a sheet pan meal: roasted polenta, radicchio, fennel, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini w/ a sprinkle of parm.

Do you have a recipe link for your sheet pan meal? The polenta and veggies sounds great!
  • Kateskate123
    @Jpedno i don’t really follow recipes very often. I just wing it. I sliced the polenta about a half an inch thick (I buy it in a tube). Drizzle everything with olive oil, sprinkle oregano, salt, pepper and Parmesan. If I have pesto or fresh basil I add that once it’s done. Oven is set to 400 until everything is a bit browned and the radicchio is crispy on the edges.
  • Kateskate123
    Hello all! Good day today, avoided many temptations on the road today. Settled for a cheese stick and some crackers and a Bai drink (I love those!).

B: watermelon, coffee, half and half
    L : leftover chicken faijtas (just the filling, no tortillas).
    D : Dr Praeger’s California Birger on a bun and some Mac and cheese
    S: cheese and crackers

Tons of water! No intentional movement but I did move a bit at work.

Have a great day!!

K
  • DiscusTank5
    B: pancakes with applesauce and Redi Whip & a few chocolate chips instead of butter / syrup; black tea with half and half
    L: lettuce salad with a slice of provolone and deli turkey; Olive Garden lite dressing
    snack: homemade trifle (angel food cake with chocolate pudding and Cool Whip layers)
    S: Knorr chicken flavored pasta with added mixed veg; baked tilapia (Panko crumbs, mayo, parmesan)
  • RoseMarie713
    RoseMarie713 Posts: 12 Member
    B- 2 eggs, 1 bacon, 45 cal wheat toast
    L- sardines, Roma tomato and 1/3 avocado
    D- boiled skinless chk breast, tostada, avocado, salsa
    S- chic. Rice cake w/thin peanut butter and 1/2 a banana sliced
    100oz of water
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    enjoyed some nice lamb chops, grass fed sausage (teton waters make some AMAZING sausage, look it up), garlic potato, corn with balsamic reduction
    5swj0blyc321.jpg
  • Kateskate123
    Not feeling super hungry today but MFP made me add more food! Lol!

B coffee, half and half and a Luna bar
    L barley grain salad with feta and veggies plus a mug of broth
    D fish tacos (cod, grilled) w/ mango salsa and a Mexican rice
    S strawberries and a can of Squirt (I love that stuff! But it’s only a once in awhile thing).

Movement: getting back on the rower today!

Trying to decide if I should weigh in today. If the results are good I’m super motivated but if they aren’t I tend to feel like 🤬😭💩 and stop trying.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    Hey everyone! Summer started and I went off-plan for a while. I'm getting back on track, but a sinus infection has had me a bit down for the past few days and I've been reaching for convenient food instead of prepping my usual stuff.

Breakfast: Coffee and a green smoothie
    Lunch: Spicy ramen with vegan Korean BBQ dumplings
    Dinner: Vegan ham sandwich with half a serving of chips and half an apple
    Snacks: Strawberries with coconut whipped cream
  • Kateskate123
    @LenGray I bet that spicy ramen was good medicine for the sinus infection! I always like the heat when I don’t feel well! Hope you recover quickly!

B coffee/half and half/ Luna bar
    L salad greens, dressing & barley salad
    D going out, not sure
    S cucumber w/salt couple of gin gin candies

Have a great day everyone!!