Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
edited June 2022 in Social Groups
lozfxchg5j1p.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs from May 29 - June 25. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, May 29th. Join us for "Cardio & Caring"! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865587/june-week-1-group-challenge-cardio-caring#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursday
    PW: 165.7
    CW: 165.0

Apologies for the lateness.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 64 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all fully launched, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily exercise and I have two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I had been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever. I finally reached goal May 8, 2022! I am just beginning my journey in maintenance, a whole other learning curve but very exciting!
    Throughout this journey I have discovered that I absolutely love working out at the gym, spin classes are my favourite but I do get in a couple of weight classes a week too! I typically work out at the gym three days a week, the other days I try to maintain at least 10,000 steps and with my little pup that usually isn’t an issue lol.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I am on WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) and I track all of my food and activity in the WW app. I have lost about 17 lbs and have another 65 lbs to go. For exercise, I like to walk and talk with friends as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore. I've also recently started using our Tonal (www.tonal.com) and I love that. We are vacationing in Mexico City in January and I hope to lose at least 20 lbs by then. Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out at least once a week -
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day -
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm happy. :) I'm so glad about your news. That's wonderful. I hope the expensive RX works. Hugs.

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@krea4 Welcome back to the team yay!!!

@Katmary71 Thank you! That's great that you are doing a few minutes of meditation each day, a little is better than nothing. Sounds like a productive day. Enjoy your Sunday!

@judiasverdes Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I had such a busy day yesterday but I made it through, phew! Today, we are bbq'ing some food and taking it over to family's apartment to enjoy the day. I have planned some healthy foods for me to eat and a sweet treat to indulge in. I have a busy day but hope to do a workout sometime today.

Work out at least once a week -

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ox80z37ujteu.png
    5jywugwsfa7y.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    m73icxwkm1ji.png

By Pounds
    snmxqw7ol0ld.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    y4mvqc8k9pyo.png

By Pounds
    s7tbq4ubv1e5.png
    qj8yy5m3yq96.png

Team Winners
    awqkxydh20eu.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

gegzdinz09eb.png
    ta7xetmz1nca.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    822jwpu9b84u.png

By Pounds
    1g4lermv3ak7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zkdlpie0xe2o.png

By Pounds
    h3ie3yofe875.png
    gei7bn4kh5t4.png
    e07825m0syi7.png

Team Winners
    b7du2ahd43xc.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello! My name is Teresa! I live in Athens, GA with my sweet husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I have a wonderful job working for my small church as their ministry assistant and financial secretary. I even do the cleaning! :grin:

The last six months have been hard as my husband, who is 23 years older than me, has gone through lung cancer and other health problems. Becoming his caregiver is now the biggest part of my life and the emotional rollercoaster and daily stresses have zapped much of my energy to get fit and healthy. But I’m NOT giving up!!

I feel like I’ve been battling my weight since I could walk! I have lost about 75 lbs. and kept it off for the last couple of years, but I still need to lose at least 30 lbs. more. I’ve done a ton of diets and mostly find that a combination of intermittent fasting and low carb works the best for me. I also to Beachbody on
    Demand workout programs for both the health and emotional benefits it gives me.

I’m thankful for this wonderful group who support and uplift each other every day. For all you new members, I hope you feel very welcome and like you have found a real community to be a part of.

bdd7ddh9guzo.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member

Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 137.6
    CW: 137.2
    Goal Zone 135-140
    Center weight 137
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Nice to meet everyone!

I live on the East Coast with my husband and our fur-baby dog. I have been trying to lose weight since January. I'm thankful for this challenge because it helps keep me aware of the weight I need to lose. I can easily slip back into bad eating habits and need structure to keep me focused.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Vegan4lyfe2012 @Cornanda @davidji82 Way to go! 3rd place Slimpossibles, woot woot! @FushiaKat @amoic @digger61 way to go!

Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm a team motivator, hey is just me now with @trooworld as Team Captain, I didn't think of that?! Pressure is on! I'm 50 and live in the Sacramento area with my two cats. I joined this group a little over 3 years ago, I'm so happy I found it early as it's been a huge help. I have multiple health issues the worst being CRPS and failed back surgery so I deal with nerve issues from the chest down. I'm right above goal and do chair cardio (seated exercises), body weight and weights, and stretching along with currently being in physical therapy. I have a big garden, volunteer at the food bank farm, and am on the board of a local charity I do various things with as well as some part-time work for my brother. I'm real close with my family and spend a lot of time with them. I eat moderate to low carb as I'm diabetic but have it under control with diet.

Let's have an amazing June gang! Oh and I did my Summer challenge meditation, stretches, and tea!
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Weigh In Day:Monday
    PW (Previous Weight):142
    CW (Current Weight): 134.8

(I had carvel last night. Not logging it but my butt is.)
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    Hello, everyone! My name is Leah and I'm 39, from Ontario, Canada. I'm a support worker with a teenage son and two feline furbabies on a journey to better health before I hit 40. I'm happy to be a part of this team and have been enjoying following along with your posts. I'm pretty determined to meet my goals so I am likely to consistently weigh in, but my chattiness may vary and I apologize in advance for that. I work a lot lately and my social battery sometimes gets a bit low. But I do love to lurk like a creep!

Here are my stats!

Username: LeahIsALoser
    PW: 260.2
    CW: 257
    Weigh-in day: Friday

Very best of luck to all of you! Let's kick some fat butt!
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    Maybe I should have said "Let's kick the butt of our fat" but it wasn't as catchy.... Anyway, please don't go kicking any fat butts on my advisement.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 192.0
    Month +/-: -.04
    Total Loss: 72.4

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I live in NE Florida with my husband. I'm 54. We have 2 kids- one in college that lives here part time, one just graduated college and looking for a job. I've been in this group for a couple years now and it's helped me so much. I've struggled with weight since the freshman 15 and it's become more difficult to get the gains off as I get older. I like to walk, do step aerobics, and read.

On this Monday that feels like a Sunday, I plan to work on cleaning my garage. Whahoo, sounds exciting, doesn't it? My daughter came home for a visit yesterday. We ate out last night. We are cooking out today. When I said I wanted to hit the 25 pounds lost goal this week, I should have looked at my schedule first.

I'm doing well with the challenge!

I accepted my job offer and I start 6/20. Working full time is going to be a big change for me and I'm working on preparing for that.

@TeresaW1020 - Glad Joe is cancer free, but the bowel obstruction is not good news. I will continue to pray for you. What you said about things getting more stressful with my Mom's condition is certainly true- I feel you have been in a similar situation with Joe. You certainly need a longer run of good days and good news. We are both doing well staying positive and keeping our chins up. Hugs!

@trooworld - Nice to know your name is Chris!

@Katmary71 - the concert sounds awesome. I did not know that fennel had a bulb or that your could roast it. How do you find out all these cool things to do with food?

Welcome to all the new members! Jump right in and say hi.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda @Vegan4lyfe2012 @davidji82 @digger61 @FushiaKat @amioc Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Well done! And let's give a round of applause to @davors19 for 50 lbs down!

@laurelfit57 Great maintenance weigh-in!

@RaquelFit2 Welcome to the team! It is very easy to slip back into bad habits but hopefully, that is something we can help you with. Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 LOL yes, you are it now! Great job with the challenge!

@LeahisALoser No worries, chat as much or as little as you like! Lurk away! ;) Congrats on the loss. LOL you are funny, I like that!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss! You've got this!

@Cornanda I'm glad the challenge is working out for you. I hope you get your garage done and congrats on accepting the job! Yeah, I didn't say my name for a long time for privacy reasons but I've posted my mug and enough details about myself, I figured why not? LOL

Hello all. Some victories yesterday along with some misses. The victories: worked out on the Tonal (see below). Ate salad with dinner. Won't go into the misses, I would rather concentrate on the positive. Today, I'm going for a long walk with a good friend around a lake. My knee hurt in the middle of the night so I hope I can make it around the lake (it's 5 miles) but no shame in turning back if I can't. I'm doing well with the summer challenge except for water. I need to kick that up a notch.

Work out at least once a week - X

ce2gpq64aosm.jpg
  • infamouscandi
    infamouscandi Posts: 23 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 309.3 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 302 lbs

Hi all. I'm Candi from England. I've always been big but I'm fed up of being the big one in the group (when I say big, I'm talking 2× or more thr size of these guys)! I want to be able to go into a shop like everyone else and buy something to wear without difficulty. I want to lost about 7 stone in total. I'm not in a rush and will take this journey lb by lb. Good luck all
  • trooworld
    @infamousecandi Hi Candi and welcome! What a great weigh-in. Best of luck on your journey!

Hi all. I just did a workout and I'm about to go on that long walk. I just wanted to remind everyone that it isn't too late to join the Summer Challenge, it runs until June 21st! Just pick some small, achievable goals for yourself and check in with us!

k0a8d6ky4di5.png

Work out at least once a week - X

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi Wonderful Team,
    My name is Kathryn, I go by Kat for short. I'm 62 and live in Southern California. It's gets up to 114 in the shade plus in the summer months, so I stay in the house a lot. I'm chronically ill with Rheumatoid Arthritis (it's an autoimmune type), Fibromyalgia and Migraines being the biggest problems. I have lost about 89 lbs. I have about 20.5 more to lose and I'm hoping to get there by August, but it might take a bit longer.

We have 7 fur babies, all rescue cats. In December we celebrate out 33rd wedding anniversary.

Welcome new Team Members, and well done @Cornanda @Vegan4lyfe2012 @davidji82 @digger61 @amioc Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Congratulations to @davors19 for 50 lbs. down!

I have goals I track everyday so I might as well make those my 30-Day Summer Challenge goals.

Walk 3000 steps
    Sleep 7 hours
    Weigh everyday
    Track all my meals and stay under 1200 calories.

wgrfszaebnpj.jpg
    This is Tessie, she has an overactive thyroid and I medicate her twice a day.
This discussion has been closed.