WeightNoMore Team Chat - JUNE 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,893 Member
edited June 2022 in Social Groups
lozfxchg5j1p.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs from May 29 - June 25. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, May 29th. Join us for "Cardio & Caring"! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865587/june-week-1-group-challenge-cardio-caring#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • browan19
    browan19 Posts: 28 Member
    Wow, can't believe we are already into June Challenge! Since starting in April I have lost 8 pounds & am seeing some definition, gotta keep it going and stay motivated now that Summer break has started for me. I'm on my way to being Fit and Fabulous when I turn Fifty in the Fall (September)! Thank you to Weight No More for the accountability and helping me reach my goals.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi WNM...1 more joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @dianabn70 :)
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 570 Member
    Username: CassieGetsFit2013
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): Not sure
    CW (Current Weight): 234

I'm going to have a good loss next weigh in! I think I did have a loss this weigh in, but it was less than a pound. I've been doing more walking lately, mostly due to having multiple pet jobs in one weekend, along with my scooter not running for some reason, but I am also doing a challenge I saw on FaceBook for June, a 30 mile dog walk challenge for cancer awareness, so I guess all the walking I've done the past couple of days is getting ne prepared for the 30 miles I want to do in June, hopefully my body will get it together and not cause me too much trouble! I got another spinal steroid injection a couple of days ago and I really haven't felt too much of a difference, although I think today it's a little less painful and I've already been on an hr and 36 minute walk, and have to walk another hour later to 2 more pet jobs. With all this activity, I really need to count my calories and stick to them so I can drop these pounds!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ox80z37ujteu.png
    5jywugwsfa7y.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    m73icxwkm1ji.png

By Pounds
    snmxqw7ol0ld.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    y4mvqc8k9pyo.png

By Pounds
    s7tbq4ubv1e5.png
    qj8yy5m3yq96.png

Team Winners
    3qaexpe2gu49.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    n1bx52w74edw.png

gegzdinz09eb.png
    ta7xetmz1nca.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    822jwpu9b84u.png

By Pounds
    1g4lermv3ak7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zkdlpie0xe2o.png

By Pounds
    h3ie3yofe875.png
    gei7bn4kh5t4.png
    e07825m0syi7.png

Team Winners
    2iwxktmevtu8.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Happy New Month, Everybody! So happy to see all the new faces in the chat (and the old ones too, not that I'm calling anyone old, I swear)!

I am minstrelofsarcasm, also known as Minstrel, also known as Ashley, also known as "that sweaty girl in the corner"... I am one of the co-captains along with the ever-marvelous @melaniedscott. My role here is to provide some real talk, some good motivation, and a few too many jokes about stress eating for anyone's comfort levels.

The Basics:

I am 26 and currently living in Ohio. I work as a combustion engineer for an industrial manufacturing company (I set things on fire for money). I am fascinated by all facets of science, whether that be nuclear physics, nutrition, geology (I hear it rocks), chemistry, etc. Feel free to ask any of your questions when it comes to the science of things. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I can definitely figure it out and provide an answer in a way that's (hopefully) understandable.

Why I am Here:

I love numbers, and when I discovered that I could get healthier (as my doctor told me I absolutely had to do) by keeping track of numbers, I signed up for MFP. My original weight was 8lbs 2oz, and while I don't think I'll ever make it quite that low ever again, my goal is to never be above my highest weight of 234 (September 2014).

Despite having joined this wonderful community, I didn't take my weight loss or my health seriously until after I graduated college in May 2017 and was told by a different doctor that my eating and (lack of) exercise habits put me on the road to diabetes. I'll admit, I was terrified. I grew up with a diabetic parent who took no actions towards improving their health to reduce their dependence on insulin and is now facing some very serious health complications. I didn't want that to happen to me - I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to worry about me in the same way I worried about them.

So I searched "gym" on Google Maps, and signed up for a free class with the first place that popped up in the results, a spin studio. Since July 1st, 2017, I have completed over 1,040 spin classes. There was some… drama at the spin studio, so I no longer have a membership, but will drop in from time to time.

In other news, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019 after an arduous journey from doctor to doctor, through several misdiagnoses (why is it that the first thing a doctor will suggest is anxiety if you're female and show emotion in the doctor's office?), 14 vials of blood drawn for blood tests, 3 weeks of being unable to consistently feel the left side of my body, 2 MRIs, 1 spinal tap, and a partridge in a pear tree. I could go into a long rant about everything, and I have, but there's no need to fill my introduction with things I've written time and time again (I'll post a link to my blog, for those of you interested in my madness).

In Summary:

Since joining MFP, I have lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 while on a three-month business trip in France (wine and cheese is my weakness), lost 5 of them, gained 5 of them, maintained throughout 2020, yo-yo'ed for the first few months of 2021, and here I stand (sit) around 170 lbs, over 60 lbs lost. I don't have a goal weight anymore, since BMI was developed by a mathematician and not a doctor, and as long as I feel healthy, I can weigh whatever I want (somewhere in the 150's sounds pretty good right now, but I guess we'll see).

As for exercising, I have recently moved to another part of the city and am on the lookout for a new gym. There’s one in my apartment building, but it’s difficult to be self motivated on my own. Maybe I’ll have more determination if I start to see my weight slip…

If you want to know more about me, or my journey, feel free to ask questions, or you can find my blog here: LINK

Blog posts I’m especially proud of:
    • Creating a Sense of Accountability - This is my first blog post ever, and I’ve grown a lot since then, but so many of the same factors are still present in my life
    • More Work to Do - Here’s a confession of some recent unhealthy thoughts I’ve had regarding my health journey, and some of my thoughts may sound similar to ones you’ve had towards yourself
    • BMI is BS - I essentially wrote a history lesson on BMI and why you shouldn’t base your self worth on it. Most likely, your BMI is misrepresenting you.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you even more as we work our way through the month.

• shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 223.5
    CW (Current Weight): 222

Steps May 23- May 29
    May 23 - 8958
    May 24 - 12665
    May 25 - 8475
    May 26 - 12003
    May 27 - 8068
    May 28 - 12384
    May 29 - 10872

Total Kms ran last week - 21.73 km

So close to going to below 100 kgs. So close.
  • HorsesRock9999
    HorsesRock9999 Posts: 222 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    gegzdinz09eb.png
    ta7xetmz1nca.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    822jwpu9b84u.png

By Pounds
    1g4lermv3ak7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zkdlpie0xe2o.png

By Pounds
    h3ie3yofe875.png
    gei7bn4kh5t4.png
    e07825m0syi7.png

Team Winners
    2iwxktmevtu8.png

Tremendous congratulations to all the winners on our team!!! WTG!!!

I am excited for June and the results we can achieve individually and also as a team!
  • HorsesRock9999
    edited May 2022
    Hi!

I am new to the group! This is my second month with this great team!

Introduction:

My name is Rebecca and I am a Statistician, thus I love numbers, hee hee! I was at my goal weight of of 127, in which I held steady during holidays/Christmas. Inasmuch I wanted to continue to stay at my goal, I veered and let extra pounds on during March/April. I am close to my goal and look forward to striving to meet my targets and objectives! Most of all, what matters most is my health!

Hobbies:

Thus my username, I can imagine you can see I love horses! I enjoy riding and use to jump in my teens, I am smarter now, LOL. I ride dressage, which I feel best put is ballet on horses! While I am not riding, I like to ride my Peloton bike, barre, pilates, yoga, etc (well sometimes not, I have to push and motivate myself!!).

uqi9goca3j23.jpeg
    r29mm2ns4dfn.jpeg
    fdes9mpn8xlx.jpeg

Things I need to work on this month:

Posting all food in MFP!
    Gratitudes in the morning!
    Wash away negative self-talk!
    Less worrying!

I love giving encouragement and support to others.

All the best!
  • HorsesRock9999
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, May 29th. Join us for "Cardio & Caring"! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865587/june-week-1-group-challenge-cardio-caring#latest

Jessica :blush:

Awesome I am going to check it out! @jessicakrall8 Thanks for putting together the challenges, they are very helpful!
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 104 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm @melaniedscott

May Week 5
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: May 22nd - 237.0
    Current Weight: May 29th - 236.2
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Sun-14,365
    Mon-10,501
    Tues-8,823
    Wed-9,286
    Thurs-7,484
    Fri-6,289
    Sat-5,063
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    User name: EDTake2
    Weigh In Day: Monday’s

PW (Previous Weight): 187.2lb
    CW (Current Weight): 186.6lb

Goal for May was to make it to mid 180s (184 to 186) …. Guess I missed it by 0.6… oh well, still lost about 7lbs, so I am happy 😊

Goal for June low 180 (maybe enter the 170s 🤞)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm
    June Week One

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 174.8 (May 17th)
    CW (Current Weight): 176.2
    LTD (Loss to Date): 57.8 lbs

Honestly, not too bad after having returned from Vegas and completely fallen into the trap of "I'll do it later" all day yesterday when I intended to go out for a walk around the neighborhood. I very much need to find a new routine, and quick. The lethargy is starting to kick in and I'm really not in the mood to need to squeeze into my jeans again or, MFP gods forbid, buy larger clothes again. I used my apartment building's gym this morning to get a quick sweat in, but it's nothing compared to the kind of workouts I was doing a couple weeks ago.

All in all, I'm in a good place, and I know how to get where I want to be. I just need to actually do it and stop making excuses for myself. Integrity is saying you'll do something, and then actually doing it.
  • mrscontreras101
    mrscontreras101 Posts: 6 Member
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight):179.8
    CW (Current Weight):178.6

Had a rough weekend. But ready to jump bad in!!

Goal for June is to get to 170( maybe enter the 160s)
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    user name: seltzer_lover
    weigh-in days: Monday
    5/23: 241.8
    5/3031: 241.2
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Hello Everyone! I am new to your team. My name is Stacie and I live in Oregon. It is a pleasure to be here with you all.
    My weigh-in days are Friday
    Last weigh-in was 284.4...YIKES!
    I do not have a specific goal for June, but to just do my best.
    Good luck to everyone this week!
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2022
    MotylekOkruchy
    It was a very active Memorial Weekend for me. Kids had no school on Friday already so I took a day off too. We did a lot of hiking over these 4 days!

Here are the steps for last week:
    Sunday: 11036
    Monday: 12077
    Tuesday: 15940
    Wednesday: 14681
    Thursday: 13550
    Friday: 19476
    Saturday: 25581

Total: 112,341
  • icandoit2323
    icandoit2323 Posts: 31 Member
    Hello all!
    I've been at this for a month and have not lost weight, I'm sure due to sloppiness in logging.
    Soooo I'm here to try again!

My goal for this month is to get below 200 (I'm hovering at 203/204 now.)
    My weight day is Friday, so I'll be back to report then.
This discussion has been closed.