Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Momentous May!!!

Replies

• BeYourBestSelfDeb
    BeYourBestSelfDeb Posts: 64 Member
    Awesome. Keep up the good work. You Got This!!!☀️
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Height: 5'3"
    SW: 252.8 lb (11/13/2020)
    CW: 185.8 lb (4/30/2022)
    5/7: 184.6 lb
    5/14: 185.4
    5/21: 185.8
    5/28: 184.6
    GW for May: 180
    GW for 2022: 155

Welp. Chalking that up to stress, period, and a general lack of discipline this month, because I have definitely not been as disciplined as I need to be vis-a-vis my calorie intake. Hubs seems to be on the mend, which is encouraging, although I expect I'm still in for another six months of doing all of the things because he can't. The hospital hasn't called him yet to schedule his gauntlet of three epidural blood patches in as many days, and I'm tentatively hopeful that they won't need to do that at all, or the additional surgery. Fingers crossed!

I am proud of me for staying in the 180s all month, though, that's not nothing. I did spike up to 187 this week, and I think I also saw 189 earlier in the month, but (1) never did the scale start with 19_, and (2) I know most of that was water and food in transit.

I'm pretty excited for this weekend's cooking projects. I've got a grilled steak salad with peaches and arugula on the menu for sometime in the next 72 hours, and lunch will be chicken parmesan. If the lunch works out well, I think I'll add it to the rota permanently, since it's going to be pretty easy to prepare I think - the stir fry that would have been up next, while delicious, has been kind of a stressful PITA to actually prepare every time I've done it. This is what hubs suggested as a replacement. We'll see how it holds up in the fridge and microwave; it might be miserable, or it might be okay cold, I don't know yet. I thought I put zucchini in my grocery order, but I guess not - guess I will need to go back out after all. I want to serve my chicken parm over zoodles instead of pasta.
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 209.8 (5/1/2022)

GW for May: 205
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

5/7: 207.4
    5/14: 207.2
    5/21: 208.4
    5/28: 207.0

Well, move has not gone as expected. The movers were not great, and there was a LOT of stuff left behind when they were "done". So instead of doing the cleaning and unpacking that I was planning for this week off, I have been trying to move the rest of the crap over by myself with the kids in tow. I am exhausted, grumpy, and just ready to be done. I don't think I will be hiring "by the hour" movers next time I move, lol. But I am really looking forward to getting the last of my kitchen stuff over today and being able to eat from home! It looks like I will be doing the unpacking in the evenings after work for the next few weeks though.

On another note, apparently my body has decided that 5:15 am is the time to get up every day. I have not been trying to get up early, and have always been a night owl. But for the last week and a half it's like an internal alarm going off and I cannot fall back asleep. Today I tossed and turned in bed until 6:15, at which point I finally just got up. I had fully planned to try and sleep until at least 8, hahaha. At least it will be easier to get up when I head back to Florida in a few weeks for work, right? On the positive side, my scale weight has ⁸stayed pretty stable despite the massive amounts of fast food, sodium, stress, lack of sleep, and sore muscles. Hoping some water weight will drop off over the next few days so I can meet my May goal.

Goals for May:
    - Meet fiber goals at least 3x per week: ❌️ 2 of 7
    - Meet protein goals at least 3x per week: ❌️ 0 of 7
    - Minimum 6000 steps daily: ✔️
    - At least 8 glasses water daily: ✔️
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    SW (Feb 3rd): 220

Feb: -6lbs
    March: +3lbs
    April: -10.2
    May: -5.4

5/1:206.8
    5/7:???
    5/14: 203.8
    5/21: 205
    5/28: 201.4

May GW: 201

So not too far off the goal weight for this month! If I can keep up a steady loss like this it'll be great. Bought new running shoes today, might give them a spin tomorrow. I've got my 800m swim tomorrow, it should be grand but not making to many plans for after in case. I would love to get out for a paddle tomorrow too, but I got a lovely kayak in today, so no complaints!

Hope you all are having a nice weekend!
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Hi, finngirl here. I'm reading all your posts for inspiration. Starting a Bible study, and part of it is goal setting, so including health and weight loss as one of my goals. I'm 71, weight 259, goal weight is 170. Anniversary of my husband passing away is coming up June 21st. It will be one year. So am nervous and sad and some days are ok and some tough. No kids, but some friends and a brother who lives close by, but him and his wife are 75, do don't want to be a pest. I get tired of making 'all' the decisions about everything. So hoping the Bible study helps. Question- what is TOM and NEAT? Saw it in a post. You ladies are all wonderful and brave. Keep going!!! I read your posts but don't always write. XO
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Hugs @finngirl61! Hopefully the bible study group will bring you a larger support circle ❤️ For your questions, TOM = Time of month, aka monthly menstrual cycle. NEAT = non-exercise adaptive thermogenesis (or something to that effect), but it is essentially extra calorie burn from daily activities that are NOT strictly exercise. Things like standing while folding the laundry, parking further away at the store, sweeping the house, etc. They are little activities that can actually have a pretty significant increase in your calorie burn when they add up without having to "exercise".
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone!

189.4 today. Just got to stick with it, I know I'm not eating enough to gain. Logging everything in grams, etc.

Spread mulch and cleaned house yesterday, and spent most of my time playing video games. Which was fun. Today I'm prioritizing drinking water and taking care of laundry. It could be my calves looked so good yesterday because I never drink enough water on the weekend, and I was dehydrated.

@goal06082021 😍

@swimmom_1 well done!

Have a great day everyone!
    weight.png
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Good morning everyone,

188.4 this morning, and you know what? I'm fine even if this is real weight. My calves look SO GOOD y'all. I know I'm not gaining, something weird is going on, and I'm fine. We keep going.

Today, I'm going to make sure the wood chip drop we got is gone enough that our guy who mows our lawn can get through our gate, because our backyard lawn is a little out of control.

I did some precooking yesterday, and today I've got a pork butt to make into barbecue. Then I can make the leftovers into tamal pies to freeze for later. And then we've got a whole nother day of the weekend! And then I can sign up for pole membership! Exciting week!

I love a three day weekend.

Tag party
    @beyourbestselfdeb good morning!

@goal06082021 fingers crossed your husband doesn't have to do it at all! Your grilled steak salad sounds AMAZING

@lmgoff232 I'm so sorry the movers were *kitten*. That sucks. At least you're on the downswing of getting everything out of the old and into the new.

@porquenoirl you've got a new kayak?! pictures?!

@finngirl61 I hope your bible study goes well. ((Hugs))

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png

Oh no new kayak for me, another one of the ladies I paddle with got a new one!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    I weigh in on Mondays.

Started 2/5/22
    SW: 288.8
    CW: 269.2
    GW for May: 263

5/2: 269.2
    5/9: 267.6 (-1.6)
    5/16: 265.6 (-2.0)
    5/23: 264.2 (-1.4)
    5/30: 264.2 (0)

Total loss for May= 5lbs

Goals for May:

🍎 Keep eating 4-5 fruits and veggie servings per day, at least 5 days a week
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Start Leslie Sansone workouts and work up to 8 minutes at a time by the end of the month (optimistic goal - apparently I can do 4-5 minutes okay)
    💭 Start seeing new therapist -first appt is set for the 23rd
    ⬇️ Lose 6 pounds (but I’ll be happy with any loss)
    🥳 Hopefully get myself some rewards that will help me continue to make healthier changes

I stayed the same this week, which is better than gaining, but still annoying since I stayed on track all week. My shirts are feeling baggier though! 🥳

I believe I got 4-5 fruits and veggies every day except for Saturday. No Leslie Sansone this week due to the injury last Sunday.

Mid week I started getting new pains and Friday a sore throat started. Went to a clinic Saturday and it’s just viral. Negative Covid and step tests. Slowly feeling better but the coughing is still horrible 😓

I spent the past two nights coughing all night. I took a cough suppressant last night but it didn’t do much, even taking it for the next dose in the middle of the night to keep it up.

Summer break started for my nephews. Their last day of school was Thursday. I was really not ready for summer break and them being home almost 24-7, especially given the insanity that was last week. It also means having any type of appointment is extra hard and I need to schedule 2 primary doctor appointments and also have 2 therapy appointments in July. It’s hard for us to find alternate childcare for them with my niece working now. I think that’s my biggest issue with accepting summer break is here. That and the days are much longer and more exhausting at times obviously, and my physical health isn’t even as good as it was last summer.

The month has mostly been good as far as progress goes. I didn’t lose 6 pounds, but close. I ate 4-5 fruits and veggies at least 5 days each week. I had the appointment with my therapist and set new appointments. I also rewarded myself with a new fitbit watch. So I met most of my goals.
  • sbortnick
    sbortnick Posts: 27 Member
    @bonniemcc4 well done reaching your goals for the month! A new Fitbit is a great reward!
    I find I often don't lose any weight when I am sick. Keep at it!

The entire month of May has been a rollercoaster with regards to my weight. I kept going up and down and up and down. It's now the end of the month and I am back to the weight I started at this month. But I am physically stronger and my clothes fit better so I have had progress just not on the scale!

Todays NSV is that my goal shirt fits! It's a regular XL from Joe Fresh! I used to be a snug 2X from Joe Fresh so I'm pretty excited! It's a cute shirt and I feel darn good wearing it to work today!

I admit I am a little worried going into this summer. I am a social eater. Often social events revolve around food and I can get carried away. We are going to visit family at the end of June and I am already reminding myself that I don't want to just let myself go. I want to keep logging even when on vacation. I may have a little more here or there but no going above maintenance.
    I am reminding myself that I was able to lose weight through Christmas. I just kept logging and picking the items that were "worth" the extra calories. I can have a successful summer too.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone,

Last day of the month, one more check in.

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    Halfway GW: 183
    UGW: 150
    4/29 CW: 189.4

May goals! 🌷🌷🌷

🤍Log every food in grams. ❌
    🤍 Get 7k steps every day, no excuses ❌
    🤍 Lift weights 3x week ❌
    🤍 More than 100g protein every day ✅
    🤍 20 minutes to clean each day ✅

Weigh-ins:
    5/6: 188.8 (-0.6)
    5/13: 186.8 (-2)
    5/20: 187.2 (+0.4)
    5/27: 188.4 (+1.2)
    5/31: 190.2 (+1.8)

Month overall: +1.4

Things are weird right now, I absolutely didn't log accurately yesterday, so I'm giving myself some grace about this. I feel both sore and bloated, which is weird. Back to it today, I have my breakfasts, lunches, and snacks pre-logged. Gotta get back to the 180s.

Looking forward to getting the pole gym membership today, and to make new pole-based goals tomorrow! Whatsisface told me yesterday that when the girls are out of school for the summer, he'll pick them up from daycare every day so I can do whatever I want or need to in the afternoons for a couple hours. 😍😍😍 I have never in my life loved the man more, lol.

Tag party
    @bonniemcc4 you're killing your goals! Well done!

@sbortnick yesss rock the smaller shirt!

See y'all in June!
    weight.png
  • BeYourBestSelfDeb
    BeYourBestSelfDeb Posts: 64 Member
    Hello dear friends.
    May 16, joined SW 322
    23. 318.8
    30. CW. 316

I have a lot more to lose and a long way to go but I am Doing It!

Insulin has decreased from 285-300 units per day to 60 total units per day. So grateful for my new endocrinologist.

Have a blessed day everyone ☀️ Shine On!
  • rockitwell86
    rockitwell86 Posts: 36 Member
    Good morning ladies & happy end of May!

Last WI day of the month & somehow I managed to meet my goal. :) I wanted to average 2 pounds per week for a total of 8 pounds and I did it! If I can maintain this average, I'll be another 25 pounds down by the time I go to a 4 day festival in September, for a total of almost 40 pounds down. That would be massive for my comfort & walking around so much during this trip.

SW: 300.7
    CW: 286.9
    GW: 190-210 (we'll see what my body decides)

5/2: 295.1
    5/9: 291.6
    5/16: *skipped due to COVID*
    5/23: 289.8
    5/30: 286.9

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend & returning to work hasn't been too terrible. It's definitely been a little crazy here. Can't wait to get home & curl up with my book already.

The food photos looked AMAZING! Getting some inspiration from you ladies for future meal planning.

This week's menu is:
    Breakfast - ham, broccoli, & cheddar frittata
    Lunches/Dinners - cheese steak stuffed peppers, baked "spaghetti" squash
    Snacks - strawberries
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Seltzer_lover
    Weigh-in Day: Mondays
    SW (7/2021): 300
    5/2: 243
    5/9: 244.5
    5/16: 241.9
    5/23: 241.8
    5/3031: 241.2

May GW: 236 - 240

May Goals:
    🌷 Continue to keep the house neat ✔
    🌷 Push myself in my HIIT workouts ✔
    🌷 Carefully meal plan and prep ✔
    🌷 Read 5+ books 12+ books (I only got to 10.5. Oh well!)

I missed weighing in yesterday for the holiday. Sadly I didn't make my goal for the month, but I'm still down, so going to roll with it.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    edited May 2022
    Weigh-in Day: Sundays
    SW (7/13/2021): 247
    CW (5/1/2022): 194.8
    GW (5/31/2022): 190
    UGW: 165

5/1: 194.8
    5/8: 193.7
    5/15: 193.4
    5/22: 193.0
    5/31: 191.8 (-1.2 pounds)

Goals for May:

1. Weight lifting 1x per week
    2. Run 1x per week
    3. Trek with dog 1x per week
    4. 50 sit ups in a row
    5. 20 stair step push ups in a row
    6. Get up earlier (~6:30)
    7. Be more social on weekends
    8. Study for exam 30 min per day
    9. Eat out 3 meals per week or less

Wins:
    Goal 3: Walking dog/treks. We took an adventure to Petsmart, an adventure to the farmer's market, and went on plenty of walks this week.
    Goal 6: I'm consistently getting up between 6:30 and 6:45.
    Goal 7: Bowling was so much fun this weekend. Next month, one friend is planning a game night, I'm going to visit family a different weekend, and we have one more bowling coupon to use a third weekend.
    Goal 8: I passed my exam I was studying for.
    Goal 9: Eating out between 3-4 times a week.

Work ons:
    Goals 1 & 2: COVID followed by new schedule has thrown off my workout rhythm, but I'm adjusting.
    Goals 4 & 5: See goals 1&2.

Didn't eat the healthiest this weekend. Didn't eat the worst this weekend. Hope to be under 190 by the time I go visit my family next month.

*Forgot to mention: Total weight lost this month- 3 pounds!