Women 200lb+, Let's Make June Joyous!!!

RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
edited May 2022 in Motivation and Support
🌼Hello, ladies, and Happy June!!!🌼

🌼Summer is here again (for most of us)!

🌼What are your goals for June? How about for the summer as a whole? Is there anything big that you're looking forward to? Any concerns or things that might be a problem this month?

🌼We're trying to have a Joyful June, so what are the things that bring you the most joy? And what makes you laugh the most?

🟡If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM!, you're one of us.

🟡In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🟡All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🟡Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🌼This June, let's be joyous, jubilant, and get the job done!!!🌼

Replies

• porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    tahitig wrote: »
    Here's to a great June, everyone!

It looks like I’ve done it again, guys; I’m in a new fix.

I am going to make that flight weight for the floatplane in Alaska late next month - with clothes on – hooray ! 🐻🐻🐻

I need to lose about six more pounds for comfort before weigh-in, and I can do that, especially with all of your help.

But here’s my new situation, and I promise, I’m not making these things up:

Less than two months after Alaska, I’m going to Europe for a wedding. Big plane this time.
    Lucky, you say? Hmm, not exactly.
    The bride is a celebrity you’ve all probably seen – her face is familiar but maybe not her name.

Anyway, the wedding is a HUGE four-day production with multiple events and locations – a castle 🏰, etc., and with numerous costume changes required for the guests as well as the bride. Of course, everyone has to be camera-ready and a movie will be made. 😳

I’m going in support of the mother of the bride, and to help her where I can. She’s a dear friend, who is happy about the marriage but is horrified with this extravagance amidst the current challenging times for many and (hopefully) the end of a relentless pandemic.

So, it looks like I’ll be playing the role of the chunky wedding guest that makes all the other beautiful people look even better by comparison.

I figure that I can lose about another five or six pounds after Alaska and before the start of this shenanigans, but there’s no way that I won’t stand out among the starved, carved, and plumped in only the right places. I wonder what the latest Hollywood diet craze is?

My plan is to stay on the sidelines as often as possible so that I can be edited out of any film or photos. Or, I could just wear an outrageous, giant fascinator on top of my head and look like the nutty distant relative that showed up for the wedding cake.

I’d really appreciate any sources you all have for cocktail and evening dresses that are slimming, and any miracle shape-wear out there that might smooth out the situation. ; )

Starting weight: 215
    Current weight: 193
    Goal weight for June: 189
    Goal weight for Alaska bears: 185
    Goal weight for celebrity wedding: should I even set one? 🤷‍♀️

I've also got a wedding in Oct and while it's not a celebrity thing, my friend and her other friends are all into cycling and are skinny and stunning things. But I also plan to be stunning, just with more curves! I ended up buying a dress on Shein there for the hen party, I'd love to not buy fast fashion but right now my budget is super super tight. I just go through the pics to see what looks good on others about my size and decide from there. If you can going to a local boutique they can be a great help in finding stuff that is more flattering depending on your build. Like my sister is pretty flat chested and needs to wear different stuff to me, but she's also slimmer than me these days.

Good luck, hope you have a fab time. I would focus on having fun with your friend, sod the pictures and videos.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Hi Everyone 👋

SW: 245
    1st GW: 180
    Last Weigh in today 6/1: 212.6 lbs

🌼June goals🌼

🌼 Down to at least 205 lbs

🌼 Calisthenic workouts at least 3x a week

🌼 15-18 miles a week walking

🌼 Being more active on the thread 😬

Let's get it!!
  • Generic_Excuse
    edited June 2022
    @tahitig 🤣You're a riot.I would just remember we all have our insecurities, even the "the starved, carved, and plumped" 😂. Just don't forget to enjoy yourself above all else.
    🤔 Maybe you could slip the photographer/videographer a little $$ to get that celeb editing treatment. Just kidding.

@Cupcake_Crusader pole classes?! I'm very interested in trying that but I really doubt I'd have the upper body strength to do it. Keep us updated!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Thank you for starting the June thread!

Reintroducing myself: My name is Bonnie. I’m 33, dog mom to a rambunctious Chiweenie, and aunt helping raise my two youngest nephews (10&9). I deal with chronic illnesses and pain, which I hope that weight loss and exercising will help.

I weigh in on Mondays.

Started 2/5/22
    SW: 288.8
    CW: 264.2 (-24.6)
    GW for June: 259

5/30: 264.2
    6/6:
    6/13:
    6/20:
    6/27:

Goals for June:

🍎 Keep eating 4-5 fruits and veggie servings per day, at least 5 days a week
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Work up to 8 minutes at a time doing Leslie Sansone workouts by the end of the month
    👦 Survive the first month of summer break and taking care of my nephews (my health has gone downhill a lot since last summer)
    👩‍⚕️ Set up the appointments I need to have with my primary doctor
    ⬇️ Lose 5-6 pounds and enter the 250s (I’ll be happy with any loss)
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Welcome to all the newcomers and welcome back to those returning! These threads have been amazing for the support and accountability.
  • Generic_Excuse
    @pamperedlinny water park! How fun!! Yeah I think it's the same for alot of us in the summertime. So much going on and especially during trips, which with kids can be stressful enough, adding food control to the list can be too much. Not only that but if we do trips with 4 kids here we are normally ballin on a budget! 😆