Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited May 2022
    1k1m5d2j61g4.png
    *** May 29 ***

Happy Sunday ☀️

Sara - you did really well yesterday - that's great! It's nice that you had a zoom visit with family.

I myself have a rather ambitious Do List today. If I can get the pool cover off, that will be amazing. The pool guys never showed up this past week, so I couldn't foist it off on them. Just as well really.

Did I tell y'all that the source of the problem with my foot/ankle is bone spurs? I am going to gently take up walking again soon. PT is supposed to start sometime this coming week.

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

264.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening,

Lana - bone spurs usually means getting better shoes. They are worth it though.

Slept most of the day after Church. Good chance I will be up at strange hours tonight.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    q8ecltk7hsgu.jpeg
    *** May 30 ***

Memorial Day

Sara! Thank you for card with sweet kitten 💖🤗😘 I hope that you have a wonderful day today!

Waves to anyone who pops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

264.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2022
    Good evening,

I will see pcp tomorrow and will hear the 'you need to lose weight" speech - I have had enough snacks to last me awhile. Just is. Will ask about pressure socks - but in hot weather? we shall see.

Greek Yogurt for Dinner,Tangerines and Bananas as snacks, and one salad with form of meat on it for lunch is my life for awhile. Will have to keep the extras for another day.

Found a nice box of bags of Cracker Jacks to take to work. Snack somewhere in the middle between a piece of fruit and an Ice Cream Bar!!!

Spent some time today thinking about how lucky my country is to have a Memorial Day.

• LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    rkzx3l3nbuio.jpeg
    *** May 31 ***

It's the last day of May!

Sara - let's have a decent week with a good dose of veggies and clean protein 👍🏻

I've put all of the leftover sweets into the freezer in portions, and I have a big container of strawberries at the ready for "snack attacks".

I need to get into the habit of doing yard work in the morning before it gets stupid-hot.

BBL

Lana

264.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Pork is cooking on stove for more salads. I find that if I buy bottled water I drink more water,annoying but true.

Laundry is going and if I am successful I will also wash dishes. Not holding my breath.

Physical today went okay - except now I have a mammogram,pap smear and shingles vaccine to look forward to. You know it is hard to NOT come away from a physical without "homework".

Now for the HOT days of June.

• LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    cndggq268to0.jpeg
    *** June 1 ***

Well, one eye is open.....

*waving to Cabana Boy for more coffee*

Lana

265.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Took a bulk box of caramel corn with peanuts bags to work to share. I figure it is on the healthier side of snacks. For those who grew up eating it it might also bring back good memories.

Weather is cooperating luckily. I went clothes shopping online -keeping fingers crossed they turn out okay. I realized much of my wardrobe is years old and I was tired of looking at it.

I "bit the bullet" and washed dishes in my sink. I am often reminded of the nights after dinner and my Grandmothers house when she would wash and I would dry.

Long nap this afternoon means I will be awake for awhile, so word finds here I come...

• LanaCabana537
    rw88th1nqpjt.jpeg
    *** June 2 ***

Good morning everyone ☀️

Sara - I hope that your online shopping fits nicely and makes you happy!

I did something similar this past weekend. I got different versions of tops I already have. Lane Bryant makes something called a swing top, and they are very forgiving and pretty. The prints, worn with a scarf, hide my mis-matched reconstruction areas. Yay.

My parents never had a dishwasher. Even when they built (by hand, themselves) their retirement house, they left room for, but never installed, a dishwasher. Every evening after dinner, Mom would wash, and Dad would dry. It was a bonding thing with them.

I also read once, years ago, maybe in Good Housekeeping mag?, that the dishwasher took away an activity that afforded mothers and young daughters a time to have important life conversations.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

264.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    2ggp755hb0nb.jpeg
    *** June 3 ***

Good morning all - we made it to Friday!

It's still early - where is my coffee?

BBL

Lana

264.2 today
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Hello, fellow serial starters! I am here for this group as you are my people! This is my first post in here so I'll give a little about myself :)

I'm Jesi, have been a serial starter since 2011 except late 2011 I actually stuck with it until about mid-2013 and I've been mostly off the rails since then. I was in a head on car wreck Dec 2018 and broke most of my body and got to spend 98 days in the hospital/rehab and didn't walk until August 2019. It is finally time for me to lose all the weight I've gained since 2013 and stop using "I broke both of my ankles" as an excuse to be a lump and not exercise.

Always looking to connect to likeminded peeps for motivation and e-friendship :*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Hello Jesi! Glad you are taking good care of yourself.

We have a chance of rain this weekend.

Wearing masks again at work- I never stopped. My allergies are minimal and the masks help, so they stayed on.

Friday!!! yay for that. Sleeping in sounds so good right now.

• LanaCabana537
    67n7x8tp5sl7.jpeg
    *** June 4 ***

Hello All and welcome Jesi !!!

I forgot to get here this morning....then got busy.

I've been watching the cardinal nest, and I am seeing that there is only one baby. Although I never see cowbirds in my neighborhood, I am worried that this one baby might be one. Cardinals usually have 2 to 4 babies....

I don't feel like doing anything this afternoon. I'm going to go sit in the corner and read.

Lana

263.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2022
    Good evening,

Lana reading is not nothing - sitting on the couch and binge tv might be nothing.

What is a cowbird?

Cookies in oven. Not sure if they are going to church or work. Box of donatable clothing is in car to go to church. Took smaller sizes and put them in container so when my clothing spree comes in the mail I can hang them somewhere.

Somehow I managed to get 5k. Rain off and on today and not enough for us to make puddles, but the mountains will get a nice dose.

p.s first pan of cookies came out like monsters - what I get for not following the recipe - adding another cup of flour by hand - at least it was an easy fix. but cookies made tomorrow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    508j0gvxg1g6.jpeg
    *** June 5 ***

Wow - it's Sunday today!

Sara - good for you for donating clothes to the church. I hope that the rest of your cookies came out OK.

A cowbird is a nasty (my opinion) species of bird that evolved to follow herds of bison or cattle or whatever. They don't stay in one place, so they do not make their own nests or raise their own young. They find other birds' nests and lay an egg in the nest. Cowbirds are a type of blackbird (I recall?) and they are large-ish. So their baby will get raised by the birds who made the host nest, often outgrowing or killing the other eggs/babies in the nest. They are considered a parasite.
    So it makes me suspicious that my cardinals have only one baby.

More than a week ago I got a bunch of carrots from a local farm. Yesterday I decided I'd better use them. I was too tired to peel them, so I just rinsed them off, cut them the long way and steamed them. Why do we peel carrots? I guess because then they look nicer on the plate. I'm not going to bother any more. I don't peel my potatoes.

Well sometimes the scale surprises me. I have not seen this number in a little while. Thank goodness.

Lana

262.0 today
    271.2 highest
  • LanaCabana537

Well, the cardinals are gone; the baby is gone. The yard is eerily quiet.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana, thank you for the definition. I was close in my guess. Glad your scale is cooperating finally.

Cookies are made. Rained during church and it should be over 100 by Friday so that is a strange week.

Scale is kind to me a little, it could be the water I am drinking. Considering it was a lazy day I am hoping to get 4k in steps.

• LanaCabana537
    nxms2mtb7k12.jpeg
    *** June 6 ***

Good morning ☀️

Well yesterday I got into the pool for the first time this season. The water is still only around 75 degrees, but it's getting there. We have had 10 days in a row of sunshine, and a corner of the pool gets sun, so maybe it will be up to 78 or 80 soon. I need that water exercise!

Sara - good for you on drinking your water and getting your steps. 🌺

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

263.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2022
    Quiet at work mainly as boss is not there. Hmmmm......

Proud of the work in the closet-shoes are next.

Lana water exercise is a great idea. How do we help you do it?

p.s. walked in circles around place to get my 5k. Done is done how is irrelevant.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    0hb57ut94v4a.png