Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Total Body Sculpt and Cardio Supersets from the Low Impact Series. I haven’t done that latter workout in years and it felt good today.

Thelma, great workouts. I know what you mean about them using double bands in that workout. One is enough for me for sure. I hope you get your DVD today. At least four of mine should be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to them. Yay on the hummingbird! We had buckets of rain again last night and it has been raining in and off so far today. What a change from last week.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad everything went well with the internment. I have no doubt you were exhausted after that and then the cleaning. Both of those carry the extra burden of loss, and that is so very draining. But I completely understand wanting to get things done and over. Moving a chapel 10 feet? That seems a bit strange. Congrats to your DD on her new job!!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Gina B 2000 Steps and Jessica Smith Total Body Circuit: Work It II.
    I really liked Jessica's new workout. I did the shorter version. I felt that her warm-p started out kind of slow but once I got into the workout I understood why. I would definitely do cardio before this workout. She started out warming up the muscles and the majority of exercises were compound moves, which used the lower and upper body. I liked that. My butt and quads were already sore from the Boss Band workouts and she finished frying them! LOL. It was definitely a slower pace than what we're used to with Kathy, but I felt it was very efficient and you can make it as hard as you want with the upper body by using heavier weights. I did like that at times she was filmed from the top or behind so we could see what her back looked like during the move. I found that very helpful.
    Four more DVD's were left in the mailbox but Amazon isn't notifying me anymore via text when something is delivered. Our mailbox is 1/4 of a mile from the house so we can't see it. I'll try more workouts tomorrow.

Laurie, I'm glad everything went well with the internment and that it didn't rain. What a great idea to have gone through your MIL's clothes and started cleaning the bedrooms. You ladies worked hard! No wonder you were tired!
    Great workouts! Congratulations on your daughter's new job!
    I am happy I was able to get Jessica's DVD's. I can't wait to try the others.

Laurel, great workouts! I did get the DVD delivered to the house via UPS. Four others were delivered by the post office and were left in the mailbox.
    How lucky that you got more rain! We got a passing shower this evening but nothing during the day. Thursday is supposed to be our rainy day. Our hummingbirds are back. I see one more often at the feeders now. I know we have one but I'm sure we have at least 2.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Kickboxing W1. Have not done this one in a while, and it felt great. I used my 1lb egg weights.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! My workout this morning was like that you doing the Cardio Supersets. It is nice to get in those workouts we have not done in a while. We had a lot of rain yesterday, DH actually had to go in the basement to make sure that we didn't have a problem. It was one of those rains that brought a deluge and then stopped. Of course it didn't help that it kept repeating way more than usual. Rocket seemed to enjoy being out in it though. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! Got to love when your workouts make you aware that they exist. Can't wait to try the Jessica workouts now. I noticed that some of the workouts are over 30 min., so she is changing the timeframe up a bit. I'm probably going to view or try them out this weekend.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 75 minute spin followed by 20 minutes of Pilates. The spin was way more tolerable than I was expecting to be honest. But the Pilates felt tough!

Thelma, great workouts. Thank you for the feedback on the new Jessica workout. I am hoping to get all of mine today and try one tomorrow and one on Saturday. I figure the intensity will be down from Cathe, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. But I also find with her workouts that she goes at a pace where you can challenge yourself if you want whereas Cathe has a tendency to move faster thus making heavier weight just not too smart. I’m more into the slower option as I age. We had more storms last night and a little bit this morning as well, but then I think we are done for awhile. Our hummingbirds are back as well. Makes me happy.

Laurie, great workout. I enjoy revisiting some of these older workouts because I just feel them differently. I think the LIS workouts didn’t appeal to me when they came out because I was at a time in life where I was still doing workouts like Insanity. Well….those days are gone (and I am just fine with that), so Cardio Supersets took on a whole new light. And that is very much a good thing. I hope your basement continues to stay dry. We had wave after wave of storms last night but, thankfully, we have had no damage from any of them. Just lots of rain.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Jessica Smith Kickboxing HIIT, and from Jessica's new series Walk a 5K - Steady Walk, Stretch + Relax - Release.
    The Steady Walk workout was totally Jessica's low impact signature moves. The warm up section was very good and it wasn't included in the workout time. I did like it. I used my 1lb weights and used my arms a lot more than she did.
    The relax workouts are 20 minutes long. She started with neck exercises that didn't do anything for me and felt like a waste of time. She has better neck moves online. I wish these stretch/relax workouts were 1/2 hour long instead of 20 minutes though. I don't think she has a combination of the 5 workouts. I am looking forward to trying her Fusion workouts.

We finally got heavy rain. I hope it rains more regularly though.

Laurie, what a fun workout!
    Jessica's new cardio and strength workouts are longer than 30 minutes.

Laurel, great workouts! I got all my DVD's today. I definitely like the lower intensity workouts because you have a chance to use heavier weights. I even find now that my body doesn't like jumping jacks much anymore. We had similar storms as you did. Those little hummingbirds make me happy too. I am glad your babies are back too.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited May 2022
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Your Best Body W1. This one is a Muscle Endurance workout, but she broke the moves up in such a way that you didn't get bored with just doing the same thing for 32 reps.

Last night both girls where at our house for dinner. We celebrated oldest dd's new job. She is super excited, and was actually at the office yesterday getting to know her employee's. Kind of strange to think that she is in charge of people.

I'm going to my nieces graduation after work. My Mom isn't able to make it, so I'm taking her place. My Dad got Covid, but he is doing fine. They gave him some medication to reduce the symptoms. My Mom was tested, and was negative.

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! Yep that is the way that I have felt revisiting some of these workouts. We still are having some rain today, but the temps are going to creep up to the 80's on Sunday. I'm sure that you are getting ready for your trip.

Thelma, Love your workouts again! Thanks for the information on the Jessica workouts. I'm probably going to try one out tomorrow. The walking one might be a good one, since this is my light day. I to hope that you receive some more rain.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Jessica Smith Total Body Strength (48 minute version), Cathe Live Cardio Circuit Mashup and Jessica’s Pilates Ball Core bonus from her new workouts. I enjoyed the two Jessica workouts I did today. The Total Body workout was done is series of moves that consisted of some compound moves and more isolation moves. There were three circuits, each repeated once, and then a core circuit. I used 15# weights for the first two circuits and 8# for the third non-core circuit, and that felt about right. Could have gone higher or lower in some areas, but for the first time through it was good. I think it was a well paced and thorough workout that focused not just on strength but also some balance. My only complaint is that I feel the lower body could have used more focus, but that doesn’t mean it was ignored. The core workout was also good, also thorough and also well paced. At 13 minutes long, it will be one I probably reach for often as a core add-on. I am looking forward to trying more.

Thelma, great workouts. I’ll have to keep what you said in mind when it comes to that stretch. I get frustrated with stretch workouts that seem ineffective. But I am impressed how much content she put into these discs. I think I counted 17 workouts, 2 core bonuses, and then the warm-up and recovery sessions on the Walk DVD. I think I am going to try one of the workouts from the Fusion DVD tomorrow before my yoga. I am very curious about those.

Laurie, great workout. I am glad you were able to celebrate your DD’s promotion with her yesterday. That is quite an accomplishment at her age. Hope all goes well with the graduation and that the weather stays dry. I am sorry to hear your dad had COVID. Hopefully it stays mild and your mother doesn’t get it.

Enjoy the long weekend! I will see you a week from Monday!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was quiet and busy with house work and taking care of the zoo.
    Monday's workouts were Gina B 2500 Steps, YinYasa Yoga and Jessica Smith Split Session Strength-Lower Body.
    The lower body workout was pretty intense. I really liked her warm up. She had a pretty cool hip warm up, ankles, and calves and she managed to include balance in the process.
    She did circuits and there were a lot of isolation moves. Some circuits were done three times and others two times. The first one was repeated three times and it killed.
    She made sure the quads were worked. The workout reminded me of Cathe's Legs and Glutes type of workout. I liked the slower pace because she really got to isolate the target area. She also uses a gliding disc and the small step. I liked that a lot. She does roll outs with one leg using the gliding disc! These are easier than with the ones with the Swiss ball.
    I am going to try one of the Fusion workouts tomorrow.

Today felt really hot and the we were only in the upper 70's. I don't think we're going to get rain any time soon.

Laurie, great workout!
    I don't blame your oldest dd for being excited about her new job. Managing people isn't easy. Hopefully she'll have hard working employees. I hope your niece's graduation was nice.
    I'm sorry your dad got covid. I hope he is feeling better. I'm glad your mom tested negative!

Laurel, great workouts! I think Jessica does a lot of compound moves in her total body workouts. That is how she covers legs.

Jessica did include a lot of workouts in her DVDs. I have liked all the workouts that I've done and look forward to trying the others. Did you read the Openfit letter about them merging with Beach Body? I'm sure their prices will be much higher. I won't be renewing that membership. I really like Andrea Rogers but Peloton is adding lots of Barre and Pilates classes.
    I hope you have a wonderful week and a safe trip!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

What a great weekend weather wise. We really didn't do very much, which was a nice change of pace.

My weekend consisted of Saturday ~ Pulling weeds, Sunday ~ Off, Monday ~ more pulling weeds and planting flowers and this morning was 30MTF LIFT W2 (Powerlifting). All the yard work really had my knees aching this morning. Guess it's all the squatting that happens. :D

My Dad is doing fine, and my Mom was happy that she was able to go to my brothers cabin for a visit. The graduation was very nice, and I was glad that I could be there in place of my mother.

Laurel, Nice job with those workouts! I was looking at the total body workout this morning, but realized that I was moving slow and I didn't have enough time. I'm planning on something tomorrow, it will probably be cardio of some sort. Have to like that she includes all the balance work, I'm in need of that for sure. Hope your trip goes well.

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! Thanks for the information on the lower body workout. I'm for sure going to be trying some of the workouts this week. Wish that I hadn't been so tired this morning, and gotten up a little earlier so that I could try the Total Body workout. I enjoyed the on I did though. I'm all for doing those one leg with the sliding disc. I may opt for that option instead of the ball.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Peloton Low Impact Ride and Jessica Smith Fusion Flow and Glow-Full Body Flow. Jessica uses gliding discs on this barefoot workout. Cathe's discs are not meant to be used on bare feet. OUCH! I had to do the workouts with sneakers because those discs hurt my feet. I liked the first half of the workout. On the second half she focused on planks/roll ins, which were too hard for me to do. I kept it at the modified way. The first half was a lot like the Slide 'n Glide workout. I'm tempted to buy flat gliding discs, but I'm not sure I'll do that just yet.

Laurie, I'm glad you finally had great weather and got to take it easy for a change!

Great workouts! Sounds like all that yard work was also a great lower body workout! Careful with those knees though!

I'm glad your dad is doing fine and that your mom got to go to your brother's cabin for a visit. It was very nice of you to attend your niece's graduation in place of your mother!

I can't wait to hear what you think of Jessica's workouts. It didn't even occur to me to do the Swiss ball roll ins with the discs. Why didn't we think about that?

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I tried out the Steady Walking workout on Jessica's new series. I decided to do that one, even though it was 50 min., because my knees where still bothering me this morning. I actually enjoyed the workout. It wasn't difficult, but I did up the intensity when she did. She did mention that this one was to keep the heart at a steady pace, and it did do that. It was a perfect workout for my sore knees though. ;)

Thelma, Great workouts, but sorry to hear that the Cathe discs didn't work. I have the flat discs, so will try that workout sometime this week and let you know how it goes. We are having some nice cool temps the rest of this week, so good sleeping weather. Has Cathe done the discs in a similar way as Jessica in past workouts. I don't think that I remember ever doing those that way with the discs.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga and Jessica Smith Steady Pace Cardio and a short walk. I was feeling pretty tired today so decided to listen to my body.

Laurie, I'm glad you enjoyed Jessica's new steady pace workout! I really liked both of her cardio workouts. I did one of her YT steady pace workouts too. I really like those. I hope your knee feels better.

I can't wait to hear what you think about the fusion workout with those flat discs. Cathe has pretty much the same moves Jessica did in her new DVD. These planks were like burpees. Instead of jumping back into plank, she used the sliders to slide into plank, then you slide back into a forward fold. Waaaay too hard for me! LOL

I found a ginormous tick on Chico today! You had to be blind not to see that thing. It was crawling on his fur! Thank God I saw it! I had never seen a tick before. I hope the flea and tick treatments work, because I don't know how you find those microscopic ones in all that fur.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Strong & Lean W1 which is the total body workout.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts, it looks like we did the same one. ;) Glad that we where both listening to our bodies, and chose the right workout. My knees felt much better this morning. I guess the recovery time from doing gardening work is a bit longer than in years past. I'm glad that I have workouts available when things like this happen. I know that I just couldn't handle the workout that I scheduled, just to much jumping. Those planks with the discs do sound tough, hopefully I will be able to do them. Glad you where able to see that tick on Chico. Have to say that I have not found any on Rocket yet.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were RWH Low Impact I and Jessica Smith Total Body Strength Training I. I love that low impact workout!
    Both workouts were full of squats!
    Jessica's workout was good. She managed to cover the entire body in 31 minutes. I feel that it wasn't much different than her other strength workouts. All the exercises are compound moves doing squats, lunges and one-legged deadlifts with all the upper body moves. I'm not complaining. I actually like those compound moves. The only thing I wish she had done differently, is the fact that she doesn't tell you what her next move will be. She tells you what weight to grab, but for me that's not enough. My weight selection depends on the type of exercise, so I found myself watching her start the set, pausing to grab my weights, then rewind.
    This particular workout had two sets of exercises, which were repeated twice.

We got a good amount of rain this afternoon. Our GA weatherman is saying that the next two weeks are going to be rainy.

Laurie, great workout!
    For once I am glad I didn't listen to my body today. I really didn't feel like working out but I dragged myself to the exercise room and did a great workout. My back has been bothering me, so moving is very important. We really are lucky to have such a good variety of workouts to choose from. I am finding that jumping is not something I enjoy doing anymore. Have you ever found ticks on Rocket?

Have a wonderful weekend! New rotation starts next week!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Just wanted to pop in a say ‘I’m back’ :) . The trip went very well, and the anniversary celebration with my in-laws was really nice. It was a long drive but so very much worth it. I managed to get a short 30-45 minute Cathe Live cardio in each day as well as some decent walks, so that felt good. Today I did a spin and Cathe Live Double Trouble, which is a metabolic total body workout. It felt good to wake up the muscles again. I can’t believe we start a new rotation on Sunday!

Thelma, great workouts. Thank you for all of your reviews on Jessica’s new workouts. I am looking forward to getting back to trying them out. Up in Missouri they were talking about how bad the ticks are this year. :o I hope your protection works for Chico. I don’t like ticks….at all.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad your knees are feeling better and that you were able to do workouts that helped that. Thank you as well for the review of Jessica’s workout. Sounds like a good one.

Enjoy the weekend. See you on Monday.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend!
    My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Gina B 2000 Steps and yoga stretching.
    Saturday: Jessica Smith Power Walking, Peloton Hip Focused Yoga and Jessica Smith 1-Fast Mile & Dance Stretch.
    Sunday: Jessica Smith Power Walking and ICE Metabolic Total Body.

Laurel, welcome back! I'm glad your trip went well.
    Great workouts!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on Friday, but it started out super busy and then I forgot to get online. Our weather has been rainy and cold, so no work outdoors. DH and I went to see Top Gun Maverick yesterday, and have to say that it was very good. We had seen Top Gun 35 years ago, it was our first date. :D

I am having some issues with one of my shoulder blades. I don't know what I did, but this weekend was for the most part, recovery from that. I did try a workout this morning, and I will be approaching this cirucit section with doing Chris Freytag's HiiT series. So my workout was the Upper Body HiiT workout. I still had some problems with the shoulder blade this morning, but it isn't hurting like it was on Friday.

Laurel, Glad to hear that your trip was good, and that the celebration was so nice. So nice that you where able to get some workouts in. I think this rotation will be fun, and so far I have some different instructors for each week.

Thelma, Great job with all those workouts. Thanks for the review of the Jessica workout. Interesting that she doesn't let you know what the exercise is. I have not found any ticks on Rocket yet. I have to set him up for a bath at doggy daycare. That is when they usually find ticks. He has not been up north yet this year, so he probably will not get any.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a good weekend. Ours was nice. We played golf on Saturday and did a few outdoor chores after that. Yesterday was outdoor chores all day long, but it felt good to get some things done after being gone part of last weekend.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Cathe’s live class from last week which was Compound Core Intensive Training which was a really good blend of standing and floor core-focused work. I followed it with 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin and Jessica’s new Total Body Circuits workout (the longer one). I really enjoyed this workout. I think I liked it a little more than the Total Body Strength. Today’s workout was Cathe Live Supersets Circuits and Perfect 30 Low Impact/High Impact and Pyramid Bonus Mishmosh premix. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. I forgot to mention on Friday that I had seen that news about OpenFit merging with Beachbody, and my reaction is the same as yours. I won’t be renewing my subscription. Most Beachbody programs hold no appeal for me, and I think they will be driving all of the new content over time.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the shoulder blade. Hopefully it continues to improve. I love the sound of having different instructors each week. That should make this rotation fly by! I have heard nothing but good things about Maverick. I really hope we get a chance to see it in a theater.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I wasn't feeling well today. I was seriously low energy. It reminded me about how I felt before I was diagnosed with Lupus. I was worried the entire day. My workouts were on the lite side today: Gina B. Low Impact Cardio, YinYasa Yoga and Gina B's 3000 Steps. I finally 'perked' up a little bit late in the afternoon.

Laurie, I'm sorry you injured your shoulder blade. I'm glad you too the time to rest.
    A couple of my yoga pals went to see the movie, and they both liked it. One of them liked the original movie better.

How nice that Rocket can get a spa day at his doggy daycare!

Laurel, I'm glad you got a chance to play golf!
    Great workouts! I also liked Jessica's circuit workout. I liked that one too.

If we didn't have the different workout programs, maybe OpenFit would be more appealing to us. I am curious about their new prices though.

See you tomorrow.
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Chris Freytag's Dumbbell HiiT. Really enjoyed this one, it was total body circuit with of course some cardio mixed in.

Shoulder blade is a lot better today, just have to make sure that I don't put to much pressure on it. I went on my knees for the plank back pulls that where in today's workout. I think that helped.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts, and of course getting some of that yard work done. We still have some to do, but this rainy weather has prevented that from happening when we have the time to do so. Oh well, it will get done at some point. For sure see that movie in the theater, because it really does make you understand what all those g's does to the body. I think that they do a good job of making you feel like you are right there pulling those g's. Of course my body couldn't take that force. ;)

Thelma, Love that you did workouts that worked for you when you are not feeling up to par. The original Top Gun movie will always have a soft spot in my heart, but I would say that this one is a close second. Hollywood hasn't been producing very good movies in a while, so it was nice to actually want to go to the theater again. DH and I have not been to one in over two years. Yep the daycare provides everything a dog could need. :)

Have a great day!
    Laurie