NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited May 2022
    @renaegry House renovations are the worst living through them but when it's done it's so nice. You sound like ou have your plans all made and now time to work those plans. You can do it.

@trooworld Good choices you are making. That's good that you did the tonal first. You know yourself and you are making changes to be the new person who moves her body. I bet the water view on your walk was so nice. So new insights into the book. Treat 12 weeks like it's a year. A week is a month and a day is a week. So you aren't wasting time thinking I have the whole year to lose some weight or whatever the goal may be. It puts an urgency into it. It talks about keeping a weekly score card on habits or goals you choose. I'm using HabitHub. Then having a weekly accountability meeting (WAM) with someone. Tell them what your score was for last week, what goals you are working towards the next week, talk about solutions and practices you will put in place.

@cbabie So tell me about the sodium and pizza. What happens if you have sodium? Now you will probably tell me that your hands will swell up. So by eating all that fat, think about your blood. Eating too much fat causes your LDL cholesterol to raise. That can cause risks for heart attack and stroke. I know you can feel the effects of the sodium but not the other. But it's still happening inside of you.

So another good day for me yesterday. Starting over on my green dots for the week. Stepped on the scale and some of that sodium bloat came off. Yaaaay

🟢
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie I noticed that, I'm glad you are back! lol Sounds like you earned that burger. I don't know about the PB lol. Thank you, I appreciate your support. That's a good exercise plan. I am definitely moving!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! Yes, I am working on becoming someone who likes exercise. ;) The water view was very nice but you know, I hardly looked at it because I was watching where I walked or looking at my friend as we talked. I'm kind of doing the weekly scorecard thing with an app called "Goal Meter". Right now, I just have two goals in there: do the Tonal 3 times a week and drink at least 60 oz of water each day. Sounds like an interesting book. Yay for another good day and a green dot AND a scale victory!

Hi all. I went over on my points again yesterday. I wasn't eating junky stuff, it was mostly my lunch and dinner but also 9 pts worth of okay snacks. I tracked it all and if I gain on Saturday, I know I can look back and see what didn't work for me. I may do the Tonal when I get home tonight, not sure yet. It depends on if I have the energy. I'm going to set out my workout clothes as if I will do it. There is talk at work that we may have to come back into the office 5 days a week. I really hope that doesn't happen. Right now, I can take a nap on my lunch break and sneak in a workout. That will all go away if we go back to work. Plus, I'll have to deal with the traffic again. :(

Water yesterday: 70 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I was horrible yesterday, not so much snacks, but yes the fat. I did go for a bike ride and I went for one this morning. Took baby girl to the library and getting ready to go meet up with my oldest. I won't be home for most of the day, so maybe a good eating day. LOL

@trooworld I hope you don't have to go back into the office. I don't see why they don't keep the modified work styles. It really helps on the budget....tell them you won't be able to work unless they pay for your gas..LOL. good job tracking...

@theslightedgeforever You have a good point about what I can't see. You know I am a visualist. I guess I will have to see . I am sure you can help me with a visual..LOL.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld What are your favorite workouts on the Tonal? I can imagine how hard it will be to have to go back to work 5 days a week after not having to for such a long time. Before Covid, I worked at the church 4 days a week and now I go into the office for about two hours once a week. I can do so much now from home and I love that! :)

@cbabie Thank you so much for your prayers! <3 They mean more than I can say and I desperately need them. And please keep making me laugh and tell me all the funny things that Baby Girl is doing. How old is she now anyway? :)

Good morning! I woke up at 4 am and finally got out of bed at 5:30 am. I am just so upset that I couldn’t sleep. I think I mentioned that my pastor developed Parkinson’s disease this past year and it’s only getting worse for him. Yesterday he came to the house to personally tell us that he will be stepping down at the end of the month. I understand all the reasons as to why he will be leaving but dang it my heart is broken! Losing him on top of all that I’m going through with Joe is too much. Of course, we all promised to remain friends and I hope that will be the case. I adore his wife and I do plan to reach out to her as she is now facing a life with her husband that might end up very similar to what mine has become. I am working on clinging to my faith and not stuffing my face with junk. I did well yesterday and today I’m having lunch with my friend and plan to order something healthy. OK, I’m off to get Joe up so I can go to staff meeting as Pastor tells the rest of the staff the news. Ughghhhh!!! :|
  • trooworld
    edited June 2022
    @cbabie Sorry about your day on Tuesday. I hope yesterday was better. That's good you went for a bike ride. I hope I don't have to go back in, either. Yeah, it's working, why change it? That's true...it will be even more money if I have to drive those 2 extra days. Grrrr!

@TeresaW1020 Well, I'm doing a program called "Off the Floor" which is designed for people that have trouble doing floor exercises. It is a 12-session program so right now, that's my favorite workout because that's the only one I'm doing. :D BUT...I also did a recovery stretching workout yesterday which was nice. Yeah, I don't work super hard at home but it's nice to be able to do it. I hope I don't have to go back in full-time! Oh, I'm so sorry about your pastor. I do hope you guys can stay in touch. I hope you were able to stick to your goals at lunch.

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday, again no blue dot but the food was healthy. I worked out on the Tonal not once but TWICE: the first time was my "Off the Floor" program which is the weights workout. The second time was a stretching workout that felt good until it triggered my vertigo. Here is my May in review on the Tonal, I can't wait to see what June will be like!

vl5mqslsys8l.jpg

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Morning all, yesterday I ate too much PB, but it was a really weird day. I am not beating myself up ( I will leave that to my sister) LOL only kidding.... I am hoping to go for a ride in a bit, get dinner in the crockpot and then read for a bit. I have 785 books in my kindle, not to count the hundreds of hard copies I have in my home..LOL. I always said when I retired, I was going to read and sew/crochet/cross stitch...well I am working on that. I have had to do a brain dump on paper just to get all the things out of my head for a few min. It was good to see my oldest and I tried some kind of foo foo drink... it was like blueberry sparkling something...I am not a coffee house girl. :). Give me my black coffee in the AM and I am good to go.

@trooworld love your workouts..I need to get on those bands...I really have to plan a time or it will never happen in this house. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry to hear about your pastor..I am just now recovering from the "loss" I felt when my Pastor called it quits. His was for different reasons, but I had been going through a lot when all that happened on a personal level and was still recovering from the loss of my dad...so I will add you to my prayer list for a different set of reasons. If you ever need to just "talk" please reach out to me. Looking back now, I see all the emotions I "ate" or didn't "eat"....I know you have a support group there close to you, but...I am here!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    @trooworld Well at least you have some warning on the back to work scenario. So that gives you time to plan. How will you continue your exercise? You know it can be done as other people commute and exercise. You just have to figure out how you will work it into your life. Yaaay on your water.

@cbabie YouTube has videos about what happens inside your body. I saw one that was about autopsies. They were showing the organs. Yaaay on your bike ride. Glad to see you do some stuff on your #retirementlist I'm a coffee house gal but I always order tea. I just like to sit inside and read my Kindle once in a while.

@teresaw1020 Sorry about your pastor. Seems sadness everywhere these days. I hope you are still keeping a "I'm grateful for...." list.

Things have been going good this week.

🟢🟢🟢
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That sounds like a good retirement. I love books, as you know, and I have tons on my Kindle, too. I used to have a lot in my house but I don't have room anymore for physical books. :( That was a good idea to do a brain dump. Do you feel better? You are old school lol. Yes, get on those bands! :D Put it on your calendar.

@theslightedgeforever True but it came from a coworker that is buddy-buddies with the director. He didn't tell his staff that this coming (yet) so I will just hope it doesn't lol. How will I continue to exercise? I will find time on the weekends and I already do it Monday morning. I will have to make my husband give up one of his weekdays for me or try to do it after I get home on Friday. The problem isn't getting up in the morning to do it: I already get up at 4 am. But so does my husband and he works out on it. There is no time for both of us to do it. Except on Mondays, he sleeps in and I can use the Tonal. Congrats on another green dot! Things do seem to be going well this week for you. Great job!

Hi all. I didn't work out yesterday, I took a break. I will work out today. Nothing much going on.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    @trooworld Yaaay on your plan. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to it and you can still work from home. Copy your message so later you won't forget. I came across a plan that I had written two years ago to do and never did it. lol I'm still having the same problems. We just keep trying.

So another good day for me. Friday is usually my rest day but ended up doing a YouTube video just now with hubby. The other day I had done a video in his mancave while I was waiting for him to come out of his garage. Just 10 min BeeGees one. It was really good but short. Yesterday he saw the 50's=60's one on his feed and did that. So today while we were sitting there watching TV he says, let's do that lady on YouTube. Now I'm really thinking, "But this is my free day" :| But I was a good little wife and got up and did 20 min with him. He was done after 15 but I said oh come on, it's the cool down, you can't stop now. Now he wants to do it every morning. I'm like as long as it doesn't interfere with my morning workout. I want to keep my habit going.

🟢🟢🟢🟢
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Great job on getting in your workouts. Your coach Natalie looks like she can kick some butt! :grin: I see that you have also been doing well with getting in your water!

@cbabie Whoa that is a lot of books!! :o How many of those are unread? Thank you for the prayers and offer of support. Even though we have never met and might not in this life, I know that you are a good friend and I’m here for you too. <3

@theslightedgeforever I just journaled this morning and mentioned things I’m grateful for. It certainly is an important thing to do, or I would just wallow in my self-centered misery. :grin: that is so sweet that you are working out with your hubby!

Hello! Well, after 13 years of using the same hairstylist, I had no choice but to go somewhere else. The salon is more upscale than I’m used to but everyone was very nice. I really liked the woman who did my hair, and it looks fantastic! I now have some great summer highlights and a sassy new cut. I did pay more but I’m OK with it and Joe loves it. I did a good strength training workout this morning and my eating has been good. Tomorrow Joe and I are going to see the new Top Gun movie. I’m excited!! :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes! Okay, I saved it to Google Keep. Yes, just keep trying. Congrats on another good day! Good on you for not letting your hubby quit early. It was only 5 more minutes, no quitting! That's great your hubby wants to do it every morning, it's fun to have a workout partner.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yes, she is awesome: she is a body-positive coach and modifies moves for every body type. I love her! Yes, water has been good too. :D Well, that sucks that you had to switch salons, but I'm glad you like the new gal. Yay for good eating and strength training! Enjoy the movie. :)

Hi all. I lost 1.6 lbs this week which was honestly a surprise because I was -101 in points. But I'll take it! I worked out yesterday on the Tonal and may or may not work out today, depending on the timing of things. I have a busy morning: groceries, WW meeting, and then I am meeting an old colleague for coffee. I switched up my zero points food list so I have more daily points but less zero points foods. I think it will work out better for me but we'll see. That's why I love this new plan so much: it is very flexible.

I made a chart in Google Docs to track my goals. I think it will be nice to see all the Xs.

kxvd3ei2c8dz.png

• cbabie
    Morning all, I guess I missed yesterday. When I get out of my routine, I am in trouble. LOL. I didn't eat too well yesterday, went on a bike ride, but mostly sat and read...got a good thing for me to do. I need more movement. I just know I have to do something for me. I guess the positive thing is I am more aware of what I am doing and eating and why these days.

@trooworld love the new chart. LOL I laughed when you said I was old school..yea I guess I am. :). At least old I am loving the fact that you and your DH both use the Tonal..that is great. Mine does really nothing active anymore and it worries me...but I can't control all things..(even though I try) LOL. My DH is very thin, but that's because he drinks coffee and smokes all day and I mean ALL DAY....eats 1 time a day with a snack at night.

@TeresaW1020 I remember when I had to change stylist...it was hard, our hair is very personal..LOL. Glad you like her. Great job on journaling. I find since most the time I don't have someone to "talk" to..my journal is my friend.

@theslightedgeforever I will pass on the You tube video..I would like to keep my stomach from being nauseated. LOL. Maybe another way...glad you and DH are working together...I don't even say someday on mine..LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    @teresaw1020 Yaaaay on getting back to your exercise and good food. I have my sister beat in Kindle books. 2872. I don't know how many are unread but ALOT. I read alot off of Kindle Unlimited so my stash doesn't get touched. But I just started forcing myself to read the ones already there. Hubby and I want to see Top Gun this week.

@trooworld Morning came and went and dh hasn't mentioned the workout. I knew he wouldn't. So I'll just keep doing mine and then do his as extra if he mentions it again. Woohoo on your loss. Plus look at all those Xs Keep it up

@cbabie You can still use YouTube for movement. LOL There has to be some exercise video you like out there. Do 5-10 min. I just put in 12 min. 5 min on the elliptical and the rest was stretching with my breathing exercises thrown in. I'm still working on my burned calories for the day. I have 32 more to get so I'll be up walking soon. But I got in my last 4 zone minutes I needed.

🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I get into trouble when I am out of my routine, too. I'm glad you got some good reading time in. Maybe find some balance with some exercise? Maybe exercise and then as a reward, read? LOL I'm glad I could give you a laugh. :D Yeah, my husband is almost in Onederland, he's 2 lbs away from it. He used to be over 300 lbs in 2005 and has slowly lost the weight but especially during this last year: he does intermittent fasting (eats once a day) and works out like a fiend. That's too bad yours doesn't take better care of himself. I'm sorry.

@theslightedgeforever That's too bad. But you know how to work out without him. Congrats on another green dot!

Hi all. I had a great NSV moment yesterday: I had an old gift card to Cold Stone Creamery that I've been avoiding using. Well, DH wanted to go yesterday so I looked up the points before we went and found that even just the ice cream by itself would be more points than I get in a day and I know myself: I would want the fancy ice cream in the waffle bowl with toppings. So I decided it wouldn't be worth it and told DH he could have the card and get his ice cream. I went into the grocery store and got an easy meal to cook because I didn't feel like cooking. I had worked out on the Tonal and was tired.

Today, I am going to try to do meal prep in the morning but once again, DH has meat to cook for his mother and that usually screws me up. I told my DH that if he wants to cook for his family, he either has to do it earlier in the morning or after I meal prep. I can't be starting meal prep at 2pm. It doesn't work for me.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    @trooworld Bravo to your husband on his hard work. It's good that you can be a support for each other. Great NSV. Each time we do that we become stronger for the next time. I had a similar thing yesterday. I had already planned my ice cream trip because he wanted it on Friday but I don't do sweets on non-green days so I told him Saturday. We went to a cafe and they never have the tea I like so I had started ordering hot choc then. But since I already knew I was going to have ice cream later, I just sat and drank a bottle of water while he had his coffee. It worked out just fine. Less calories for me. Kudos for setting your boundaries about your meal prep. Yaaay on your exercise and water.

🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, he's done very well and it is good to support each other. That's a great NSV you had with the water. I hope you enjoyed the ice cream later. Thanks for your support and congrats on another green dot!

Hi all. Well, I did a little meal prep yesterday: I prepped my breakfast for the week + last night's dinner + dinner on Tuesday. I ran out of steam after that. But meal prepping is not about perfection and I'm happy I got some of it done. After that, I lay on the couch with my Kindle and read some. It was nice.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    @trooworld Good job on the meal prep. I need to do my meal planning for the rest of the week. I did well despite not knowing what I'm going to eat everyday. But I was making good choices. What are you reading right now?

Another NSV for me. Went to a coffee shop with dh and he says they have good ice cream here, do you want some? No. It's really good. No. it's pistachio. No. 30 min pass...... They have cake here, do you want some cake? No. I said how about bring me back here on Thursday or Saturday and I'll try the ice cream if they have a different flavor. (preferably choc) I woke up late and did my stretching and then got some cardio in later. Usually I think, I exercised for the day already or I'll add some extra cardio tomorrow. Never trust your future self.

I lost 2 lbs this week.

🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I have been busy getting things done around the house, but feel I got nothing done. I just got home from getting groceries and one of the milk jugs leaked all over the car...UGH. 101 out, then DH puts in in the fridge...MEN...LOL. I tracked everything yesterday and so far today I have been on track. I lost .4 lbs but my goal was more but I am grateful it's not a gain. I have drunk 2 containers of my water and goal is for 2 more. No exercise and I just know I won't. I have to figure out a way to do it in the mornings, but I can't leave baby girl to go for a bike ride until DH gets up and that is too late for me. So have to find a plan that works. I am a early bird and like to have most things done by 10AM or noon at the latest.

@trooworld so proud of you and DH, He has worked hard and for a good reason...HEALTH. So glad you two have each other to keep pushing and encouraging each other. l just smh for my DH. I don't want to go through a long medical situation with him if he could have done something to prevent it. I know I am selfish, I just don't understand some things LOL. Great NSV, you are doing so great!!!!

@theslightedgeforever I am so proud of the effort you put into your health!!! Thank you for doing that.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you! That's great that your lack of planning didn't affect you. Yay for good choices! I am reading Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53588713-under-the-whispering-door It gives me really warm feelings, it is a very nice book so far (40% in). Part fantasy, fiction, and romance. Not fantasy in the traditional sense. Just...imaginative. I loved Klune's other book, The House in the Cerulean Sea, so I decided to read this. Your "NO" muscle is getting stronger! Your husband was very persistent lol. "Never trust your future self" truer words couldn't have been spoken! Congrats on the loss and the green dot woot woot!

@cbabie Oh that sucks. My husband made ribs for his family and during transport, the sauce leaked into the trunk of my car. He didn't clean it up either. I was mad. Yes, be glad it wasn't a gain...congrats on the loss! I'm glad you are working on your water. What about doing YouTube videos in your living room? Thank you, I appreciate it. <3 I hope your DH can make a turn-around. You are NOT selfish, you care about him.

Hello all. I did really well yesterday: I finally got a blue dot! I drank enough water! I exercised not once but twice! The first time, I did the Tonal workout BUT I had a headache before even starting so I stopped my workout halfway through because my head was starting to hurt pretty bad and I didn't want it to turn into a migraine. The second time, I was at work and took a 20-minute walk.

fjw4435v5xih.jpg

• trooworld
    Two images to think about:
    jd8ji3b5pgvq.png
    aw5jv0zhbax7.png