edited June 2022
    Options
    @JEB03253

Nice one on giving away the coke💫
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch. It just told me that on average I am doing 4,180 steps/day this month compared to 3,973/day last month. Not bad for someone with bad hips and a cane eh? 😂
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    I love my Apple Watch. It just told me that on average I am doing 4,180 steps/day this month compared to 3,973/day last month. Not bad for someone with bad hips and a cane eh? 😂

Absolutely!
  • jugar
    Options
    The peepers are singing, my weird slo-mo raccoon and a lovely young doe visited today, and so far my little kale plants have not been molested by any groundhogs! A good day all around. Lots of good steps, even though my feet got so wet I had to wring out my shoes, and I am sharing those delish sore abs with you @kali225 ! Hurts so good :smiley:

Time for reminders again already! How does that happen - so here are the Friday people all lined up and ready to go:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz
    @happimess01
    @micki48
    @jugar

Stragglers from Monday - Thursday
    @ametoyer1969
    @Ddukbokki69450
    @Athletatrade
    @JessiBelleW
    You are all new members, and I hope you are able to find your way here and get started!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Had a work lunch today and navigated it well. I have been relying on pre-planning to get through these situations as eating out with coworkers, friends and family is becoming a more frequent thing again. Makes it much easier to have my item chosen and logged before I go (especially when I'm going to a place that won't have calorie counts listed). I chose an item off the starter menu and it was plenty. I don't do that often but the thing I wanted most was there.

@jugar LOL - protect the kale!!!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    CW - 174.5 lbs
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I am really sorry to report a gain :neutral:

PW 218.9 lbs
    CW 220 lbs exactly.

I'm really trying to get back to healthy eating but it seems last few wekks I lost my motivation :neutral:
    It is so annoying because everything hurts when I get up in the morning so why can't I just do it?

Anyway, I am sure one day it will click and I'll start loosing again :smile:

Have a lovely weekend everyone! :heart:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PW 229
    CW 229.8

Not that great of a week as far as hitting goals. Had my wellness coach visit and body scan yesterday after work. I had lost weight since my last check in 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately my inflammation was up, no fat loss and water weight was up. Lost muscle this week too. My food diary looks good so that's not the issue. I just had the time of the month too. She asked me if I was stressed. I think I've been so busy I hadn't thought of it. My response was "UM, YEAH "! Everyone is quitting at work and we just did our final evaluation push which means 5x more paper work than normal. Obviously the effects of cortisol are very bad on weight loss. I need to work in some detox days which is similar to keto with very clean food. Lots of avocado, lettuce, kale, lemon juice, olive oil, fish and chicken. I need to get some rest this weekend. I have a massage today with my husband. Tomorrow I am taking my daughter and a friend to the museum to see the exhibit from DreamWorks animation studio for her birthday. She wanted to know how art and drawing can be a real job. This will be fun but I'm just lacking energy right.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m Jessi - think I already missed the first weigh in 😬😬 I was 96.3kgs

I’m a nanny with no enough time or energy but I’m working on losing 35kgs.

I ate terribly yesterday but I did get out for a 45minute run 😊

Welcome! I'm so glad you made it in spite of your busy schedule. No worries about being a bit late - every week it is good to be there on your chosen day, but if life gets in the way, as long as you submit it by the end of the day on Saturdays, you're fine! I don't mind late, as long as it is there by the time I do tallies on Sunday mornings.

A 45 minute run is worth celebrating, and you had a great loss for your first week! Almost 2 kg - 4 pounds! If you can find a few minutes every day to drop in here, read the posts from the team (there are not too many if you come every day), and let us know how it is going - that is the best way to survive the tough times and enjoy the successes.

I think you said in your first post that you were living in Abu Dhabi? That's an amazing place - I was there a couple of times working on a proposal for a joint doctoral program with our university. They took me to the nearby hot springs and it was a great break from all the boring discussions. I was not too crazy about Dubai, but Abu Dhabi was much more beautiful.
  • jugar
    edited June 2022
    Options
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    I'm really trying to get back to healthy eating but it seems last few weeks I lost my motivation :neutral:
    It is so annoying because everything hurts when I get up in the morning so why can't I just do it?

Anyway, I am sure one day it will click and I'll start loosing again :smile:

Have a lovely weekend everyone! :heart:
    Go for the one perfect day as soon as you can! Plan it out, stick to the plan, and you'll feel so much better. Getting back on track takes that one first step - your own personal experiment to see what sticks. You've got this!!
    I need to get some rest this weekend. I have a massage today with my husband. Tomorrow I am taking my daughter and a friend to the museum to see the exhibit from DreamWorks animation studio for her birthday. She wanted to know how art and drawing can be a real job. This will be fun but I'm just lacking energy right.

Massage and a walk through an art exhibition sound very restorative. Enjoy all the minutes of both! :heart:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Apologies for my late re-introduction.

Hi everybody, my name is Yinka and I am a 50-something year old from Bewdley in Worcestershire UK. I work from home as an online business trainer and Business English coach to Spanish learning and development professionals. I have also just started to teach English to a group of refugees in our town as a volunteer.

I have been on a weight loss journey for far too long, I think - and am also cursing some of the negative effects of menopause! Despite this, I am encouraged by Liselyn (@jugar) who has successfully traversed this path and emerged successfully maintaining her weight loss.

I have finessed my goal for the next few weeks to lose 3lb before my trip to Virginia to see my son - we haven't seen him for almost 3 years!

My issues are all diet-based. For some reason I stubbornly refuse to eat right! I have a similar problem with regular walking, although I believe that a lot of my walking issues stem from me still grieving the loss of our darling dog, Edie, just before Christmas. I do a weekly forest walk with two of my best friends and their two rescue dogs, Apollo and Lucy, but am still struggling to just go for a walk around the block without a dog!

Perhaps I will have a better outlook when we get back from our holiday?

Meanwhile, this month I shall focus on better eating, more water, and my regular workouts.

Nice to "meet" you all!

TTFN
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    TGIF! Being unemployed, that doesn't hit quite as hard.. but still fun to look forward to the weekend. It turns out one of the girls I am having brunch with tomorrow already made a reservation at a place I haven't been to before, but there are luckily some pretty healthy options (must plan ahead, like @ashleycarole86 said!). I'm between a frittata with chicken sausage & cheese, or an avocado toast on 7 grain bread with burrata. My guess is that the frittata would be less calories overall, but I'll just log the best I can estimate once I'm there.

I don't want to scare it away but the sun has just come out after 2.5 rather dreary days of muggy rain. It was a rest day for working out and a longer yoga video day. I'm making pasta carbonara for dinner tonight, which I haven't made in years and years - very excited! I wish I had pancetta on hand but I am settling for plain old bacon (which is realistically less calories).

@conleywoods a much-deserved massage! enjoy it
  • jugar
    Options
    Hoo boy - what a day!

We started with wild storms in the wee hours of the morning, but gradually the day turned beautiful. I decided to climb through the deer fence around our blueberries and currants to weed and prune. The berries are green and plentiful, so I wanted to make sure they would thrive. After a couple of hours back and forth, the last exit through the deer fence planted me flat on my back, whacking my head, breaking the fence and my flip flop (gougounes!). I'm fine, but there will be no exercise biking tonight - a wee break will feel good.

I got back into my maintenance weight all this week, so I feel more in control again. One question that hit my brain reading @YinxFed was about age. I look at the food you younger folks can eat and my mind boggles! Don't forget, intake reduces as we age. And macros change. For me, fat has always been an issue due to a genetic problem digesting fats, and I have some protein intolerances, so maybe I'm overly sensitive to these things, but I really think it is true that we need less as we age, just as we need more as we are growing. Menopause is often the tipping point for women, but I think it is true for everyone that our digestion and needs (macros) alter as we age. We produce less new muscle and other tissue, we process a bit less efficiently, and all kinds of other stuff happens that scientists could explain better than I can.

But then there is the wonder of seeing your son after 3 years @YinxFed . I can't imagine such a long time! No matter what, you are going to have a fantastic time back together again. If it means you don't exercise as much as you'd like or you eat to celebrate, do not worry. We'll help you put it all back together again afterwards!

@Kali225 we were both fabulous this week! Now let's keep it going for another one...
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Update on my Friday: I made 2 big mistakes this evening! 1, I was having my afternoon snack and realized I went way over portions on one part, so I went to adjust my log and realized that I hadn't planned to have that snack at all!! So that was a big chunk of extra calories. 2, I fell asleep for almost an hour a little after 6pm! I am trying to avoid naps altogether and that is a poor time to slip up because it can wreck my ability to fall asleep before midnight.

I had my dinner as planned but now I am going to try a long night walk. I haven't done one in quite some time since my foot weirdness, but I know it will help with digestion and make me feel a bit better about accidentally derailing a car on the train.

@jugar I should say "fabulous this week"! You are going for the Great Wall of Green in the spreadsheet!

I'm taking some deep breaths. Does anyone else suddenly realize they are holding extra tension and just need to let something go? In, out. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    @Kali225 you are coming to the nighttime exercise thing way before I did! It is amazing to exercise before bedtime. I love the idea of your long night walks. There is something so wonderful about being outside in the dark, as long as you are somewhere where that is safe! If it isn't, be sure to consider exercise bike, treadmill, or some other indoor thing for a spell before heading to sleep.

No matter what, it is good that your foot weirdness is passing and that you are sneaking in movement at times ou wouldn't normally do that. Yesssss!
  • jugar
    Options
    Time for the Saturday lineup!
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989
    @once_mas

And please catch up those who are late:
    @ametoyer1969
    @Ddukbokki69450