Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 263 Member
    @Susanna527 - Wow! gorgeous courtyard, thank you for sharing.

@jessicakrall8 - Truly commendable how you're focusing on the positives, you're doing fantastic!

@JenHul - I keep a large 32oz/1L bottle at my desk (right next to my pc screen). I fill before i even start my workday. I won't getup until it's low/empty, which happens to workout in time to get up for a restroom break + re-fill. It's become automatic now and go through 3-4 cycles (96-128oz of water just at work).
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @kcpond - 🤩 That’s a big loss!

@Susanna527 - Do you work on the Yale campus? What a nice place to enjoy your lunch! My father’s close friend coached at Yale for 30 years and the daughter of one of my closest friends studied there now. I have many fond memories of driving through New Haven and stopping at Frank Pepe’s for pizza while traveling from Virginia to Boston.

@cobluejay - What a milestone to celebrate — 70 pounds lost! 🎉🎉🎉 I loved the description of your trip and how much easier and enjoyable it was for you to participate in activities, etc!

@Yukie_OP - I’m sure you’re looking forward to a slightly more flexible schedule for the summer. I think 80 percent success staying within your daily target range is a huge accomplishment.

By the way, I think the Pereto Principle says that 80 percent of our results come from 20 percent of our actions. So, I’m trying to figure out how to maximize my time by concentrating on fewer high-yield activities that really make a difference. Has anyone found identified key behaviors that work? Tracking and logging my food and exercise is one that helps me tremendously! The calorie awareness was eye-opening in the beginning. It helped me manage portions better and I gained insight into some of the foods that weren’t worth the high calories. I needed to reduce my intake of some high calorie ‘healthy’ items like nuts or dates, too. Now, I sprinkle nuts on top of something for the protein and fiber but don’t eat a hand as I pass through the kitchen. I know nuts also have a healthy fats but I get enough of those without trying!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @frankwbrown - I’ll bet you’ve visited lots of places during your time in the Air Force. I enjoyed reading about your time in England. Is there another place or experience that stands out in your memory? I’m not sure how long you were connected to the USAF but thank you for your service.

@JenHul - Increasing my water take is often one of my goals on the Habit Tracker and not as consistent as I’d like. I don’t know why it’s so difficult for me to improve in this area but I’m hoping to link it to another habit (as I described above). I try to drink a glass of water while preparing my morning coffee - and I’ve built the habit of filling my water bottle before a workout - but I don’t think about it enough the rest of the day. Oh well, baby steps … or baby chugs! 🥂

@LaurieWrobo - My husband and I also celebrated our 32 year wedding anniversary in March 2022 and have two sons but we were married for 10 years before having children. We lived in other countries at that time and wanted to travel. There are still many places on my ‘bucket list’ but we explored many Asian and European destinations.

BTW, I was following the conversation about car-free living and see we have at least four Shape Shifters reducing their carbon footprint this way. I know a few people outside this group and think it’s becoming more common. 👏🌏🙏🏼🌍👏 Growing up, I walked, took the bus, or rode my bicycle everywhere (through most of college). I like living in pedestrian-friendly communities and it’s something that’s important to me as I think about the coming years as we downsize our house. Both our sons have tried vegan and vegetarian diets over the years, so we’ve definitely shifted to a more plant-based diet, but my menu planning is still too limited. I try to do my part in other ways by still using alternate transportation options, driving a hybrid car, walking, composting, planting trees in our neighborhood and beyond, etc., but I haven’t offset my travel as well as I could. There’s plenty of room for improvement, that’s for sure. But, the group conversation reminded me to tune up the bike and start using it more. So, that’s where I’ll start!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-161.2
    Current weight-161.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,065 Member
    kcpond wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 251.2
    CW (Current Weight):246.9

Great loss this week @kcpond !! Amazing result. Keep up the awesome work!!!
    Jessica
  • bigbeff82
    bigbeff82 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi all, How do I record my weight for this week? I thought it was a case of putting it on the spreadsheet but it won't let me edit. Sadly stayed the same... but at least not a gain! And for the steps

1/6 7866
    2/6 16912

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited June 2022
    @bigbeff82 - No gain is a win in my book! You post your weekly weigh in here and then Jessica records it in the spreadsheet. We can view the team spreadsheet and the team captains have editing privileges. Here’s the format we use to post the weigh in, according to the F2F instructions on page 1 of this team Chat thread:

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

When Jessica records the number, she marks the “inspiring” icon to show that it’s been added to the spreadsheet. So, for weigh in posts, we (other members of the team) don’t select that icon as part of our support/ encouragement. We can use the “like” icon or post a separate comment if we want to tell one another we’re inspired by a weigh in post 🙂. On other comments, it’s fine to use any of the icons. Thanks for the question. Feel free to ask about anything else that needs clarification. There is also a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) post on page 1 that Jessica shared to help orient us.

Have a great weekend!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 367 Member
    @Yukie_OP & @PatriceFitnessPal thanks for the encouragement ladies! I have a 1 Lt water bottle that I fill to take to work. I drink that thru out the day, I try to fill it back up at my lunch break. It seems as the day goes on, I drink less water (wierd) I agree, baby steps/chugs!

June 2 Steps = 11,801
    I walked to work yesterday morning, but did not have an evening walk.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,258 Member
    Steps:
    6/1 8,111
    6/2 5,232
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW 165.6

CW 166*

*this weight is on a hotel scale so no clue how accurate it is. I’m traveling but didn’t want to miss the start so doing the best I can to get things going.

Currently enjoying morning coffee in Napa reading Let’s Get Physical” by Danielle Friedman
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @angmarie28 - Whew! 😅 Thank you for the work you do! It’s not easy to work in a school, or to work as a nurse right now! I’m glad you’ll have a bit of schedule relief — though it still sounds like a tough workload to me!

SavageMrsMoose - Enjoy your trip!
  • bigbeff82
    bigbeff82 Posts: 31 Member
    Weigh In Day: Friday June 3rd week 1
    PW (Previous Weight): 158lb
    CW (Current Weight): 158lb
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: NWI
    CW: 222.5
  • jessicakrall8
    bigbeff82 wrote: »
    Hi all, How do I record my weight for this week? I thought it was a case of putting it on the spreadsheet but it won't let me edit. Sadly stayed the same... but at least not a gain! And for the steps

1/6 7866
    2/6 16912

@bigbeff82 Please make sure to go read pg one of this chat thread, our FAQ file and it covers everything you need to know about your first month with Shape Shifters. You will see the correct format, etc for posting your weight in the chatroom and your Captain handles the spreadsheet recording.

Looking forward to reading your good news...please post soon! :smiley:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    bigbeff82 wrote: »

1/6 7866
    2/6 16912
    @bigbeff82
    Out month always starts on a Sunday, so please send me your steps for 5/29 5/30 and 5/31. Good job so far!
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,128 Member
    @frankwbrown - I’ll bet you’ve visited lots of places during your time in the Air Force. I enjoyed reading about your time in England. Is there another place or experience that stands out in your memory? I’m not sure how long you were connected to the USAF but thank you for your service.
    I was only in the USAF for a little under four years. I spent my first 10 months getting basic and electronics training, then I spent two years in England and one year in Sardinia. My tour of England was supposed to be for 3 years, so I was saving my money and vacation time -- of which I had none when I first arrived -- and planned to see all of Great Britain my last year there. Uncle Sam had other plans and cut my tour short. I was then stationed near the top of Mount Limbara in Sardinia, Italy for my last year. I'm still hoping to one day see Scotland, Ireland and Wales. On the brighter side, I got an overseas discharge, bought a Eurail Pass, and traveled around Europe for a while before returning home.
This discussion has been closed.