Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Cornanda Me too. No sense in beating myself up about things I cannot change, right? Yes, Monday was VERY active but good! Oh a chart is a good idea, nice touch! Just skip over those days next week and come back and pick up where you left off. I hope you had fun with your daughter!

@tupsundus No worries about the gain. I know it's not what you want but look at it as just data and a starting point. Yay for the NSV of sticking with your exercise routine!!! Great goals. I have a problem snacking in the office, too.

@Vegan4lyfe2012 That's great you were able to spend time with your son! Woo hoo for buying food instead of eating out. I'm glad my knee didn't give me problems, too! LOL yes, the maps are funny. That's hilarious that your friend tracks when she mows the lawn but hey, all steps count, right? Congrats on the loss!!!

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! And wahoo for making it under 155! Yum to the nectarines. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, I hope you feel better soon. Good job on your goals.

@krea4 Yay for not snacking in the evening and for eating less chocolate! Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I am very much in the zone for most things. Food needs tweaking but I'll get there! Sounds like you had a busy but good day.

Hi all. I didn't work out yesterday but might today. I wasn't planning on it until Friday but today might be a workout day after all. I drank a good amount of water yesterday but went over my points. I hope today is better.

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out at least once a week -
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    @Katmary71 – I have not been able to read anything for the longest. Part of my issue is I’m an all-or-nothing personality, so once I start a book, there’s no putting it down until it is finished…I’m too obsessive!

NNTR… I am trying so hard to keep my composure right now. Backstory – I met my son’s fiancée about 3 years ago. She is my pastor’s wife’s twin sister. She seemed like the perfect woman for my son, so I introduced them. Since she lives where I do (Michigan) and my son is stationed in Virginia, they’ve been long-distance this whole time. My issue? The longer I get to know her, the more I realize she was wearing a pretty darn good mask at first. Her true colors are starting to shine through…she’s passive-aggressive and basically likes to start *stuff* but acts innocent. And I’ll get an occasional call from my son, upset with ME, because of the things she’s telling him. I’m trying not to call her out on it because it upsets my son. I did tell her that if she has any issues with me to come to me directly since my son doesn’t read my mind. It’s just so upsetting. I realize now that I absolutely do NOT like her and wish I had never introduced them. I just needed to vent somewhere that she wouldn’t have access to. Thanks for letting me dump here. In the meantime, I will NOT emotionally eat.

NO ZERO DAYS!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so sorry to hear your son's girlfriend has turned into a problem, that sounds like a tough issue to navigate. I agree with your advice to her, hopefully she won't keep sticking your son in the middle of it causing issues.

@trooworld Yay I so love that you're able to work out without migraines!

Happy Wednesday everyone, it's been quiet here tonight, hope everyone is doing well. I'm in charge of the food bank farm watering the next few days and it's really hot so I'm going twice a day. Did my workout first then had PT in the afternoon but I was put down for 20 minutes before my appointment so they wouldn't see me, I know I wrote it down correctly so it's a little irritating since their closer office doesn't take my insurance and the drive is hard on me. I did my workout when I got home then meditated for a challenge and spent time in the yard. Tomorrow's laundry and shopping then I'm meeting with the charity at a bar for a big group meeting at night. I'm going early to meet someone who's uncomfortable going in alone in the parking lot, I get shy about stuff like that too so we'll have each other. Not sure if I'll eat there or at home, still debating. I'm doing a challenge with meditation and writing down things you're grateful for and that and my Summer challenge are all done. Have a great Thursday!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138
    CW: 137.7
    Yesterday in the office I felt woozy and clammy, and I blamed my age, my lack of sleep, build-in stress and others, until I noticed the thermometer- it was 80F 😂. Today I’m going in short sleeves and sandals and hope it won’t be 65F because everyone complained.
  • trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 That sucks that she's like that and if they get married, you'll have to deal with her for a long time. :( That's good you aren't emotionally eating over it.

@Katmary71 Me too! Thanks! I'm sorry the PT session didn't work out. I hate when I know I'm right but that happens. Good job with your challenges!

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! I'm glad you aren't getting sick and it was just the office temperature!

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I was over my WW points on my food but it was all healthy food so I don't feel so bad. I worked out on the Tonal and then later in the day, I did a stretching workout. I hope you have a good day.

Work out at least once a week - X
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    30-Day Summer Challenge goals.
    Update for May 31st.
    Walk 3000 steps - only 2977 so close.
    Sleep 7 hours - 7 hrs. 10 min, it was broken sleep I got up in the night and ate popcorn
    Weigh everyday - Done
    Track all my meals and stay under 1200 calories. - 1162 Done

30-Day Summer Challenge goals.
    Update for Jun 1sh.
    Walk 3000 steps - 3740
    Sleep 7 hours - 7 hrs. 10 min, it was broken sleep I got up in the night, but I did not eat.
    Weigh everyday - Done
    Track all my meals and stay under 1200 calories. - 1208 close

I'm still feeling a tiny bit under the weather I did not have a migraine this morning, which is a blessing, just a normal headache. I have my normal 3 month check up with my Primary Care and my Rheumatologist tomorrow morning. I hope I remember to tell them that the little finger on my left hand has been asleep for like 3 months now because I keep forgetting to tell them. I should stop by Smart and Final while I'm near them and see if they have Sherbert for my husband since our market has been out for a month.

It's the 14th Anniversary celebration of the game I play so I've been really busy with that, and I've just finished building a room for the Spring Story / Garden Contest. I built for 3rd place this time, I've won first place in all the contests for over 4 years now. I was a late builder, I was intimidated by the awesome talent of the other builders but one day, I said what the heck and jumped in with both feet. I learn from each contest. Lol I'm so stubborn, I spent an hour because I wanted people to stand in the middle of a bridge when they enter the room for judging. We have entry points, but it keeps falling thru the bridge. So, I used invisible space blocks and a spring ride pieces to accomplish that. People will enter the room on the ride and stop in the middle of the bridge.
    dczhr30qt69k.jpg

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's a tough situation for sure. The next time your son calls you upset with some drama she's started just say: "You've known me all your life, does that sound like something I would do?" and leave it at that.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Katmary71 – Thanks. We’ll see how she does… I totally understand meeting up with someone in the parking lot and going in together. There’s 2 people in a different department than me and the 3 of us attend the same tourist council events. We always meet up in the parking lot first!
    @FushiaKat – I love your advice! Thank you! And your game layout is so detailed!
    So I did a good job of not eating my emotions yesterday. However, I somehow ended up at the mall…in Sephora and Victoria’s Secret. Hahaha New make up for the wedding (that’s my excuse anyways) and a couple new bras (cause the last time was pre-covid…yikes!).
    My oldest daughter is having marriage issues (her husband wants a divorce, but she doesn’t). We made plans to go out to dinner this evening. She texted me last night and said she talked to her sister in law and was told things she never knew about her husband (they’ve been married 3 ½ years and together almost 7). She said she’d tell me all about it over dinner this evening. I’m so curious! I made sure to keep lunch to a minimum so as to allow for a vegan burger for dinner. If you’re a prayer warrior, please add Sydney and Nick!

NO ZERO DAYS!

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:221.7
    CW221.5
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Hi all. It's been a very busy three days at work, doing month-end inventory and accounting. Now my work week is done and I have my usual 3-day weekend. My brother is hosting a music event tomorrow afternoon at 2:00pm outdoors on his property. It's a 1-1/2 hour drive to get there, and Rich doesn't get out of work until 2:00pm so I don't think I will attend. I don't really want to be in a crowd of people, even if outdoors, and my brother won't have much time for me as he will be mostly playing music or being host to his many guests. If I wait for Rich, we'll be arriving about the time my brother's wrapping it up for the day; if I go without Rich I'll be doing a lot of driving. I'm sure my brother will understand if I don't attend. I'm hoping he will do a video chat with me today and we can catch up. It's been a long time since we talked. Mostly he texts. Long, voluminous texts.
    I haven't met my exercise goals for the past 3 days. I haven't taken the bike to work, because I've been going in before dawn and working long days. I haven't got my 6 miles of walking, because I've been working through my lunch hours, which is when I normally get my walks. So I've only managed about 4 miles of walking/day for the past 3 days. My mileage goal for June is 194 miles, so I've got some catching up to do. I dropped the ball on strength training as well; my normal ST workout is early morning, but I sacrificed that since going to work pre-dawn. So it's time to get back to my normal routine!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 250
    CW: 249
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Hugs to you and I will pray for you and your family. This is a lot of stress- take it one day at a time and focus on positive things that are happening. It helps a lot.

@FushiaKat - your room is absolutely amazing! the detail is incredible and I love the purple flowers!

@micaroo4 - You're always so steady with carrying out your plans, it's nice to know that little changes affect routines for all of us. I have no doubt that you are back on track in no time.

Not much new here. Did a strength workout that I thought was easy, but it made me quite sore, so that means it worked, right? Overall the challenge is going well. Ate more than I should when my daughter was here and weight was as high as 169 during the week, so I'm pleased with my tiny loss. Sunday I leave for my work trip. I'll be able to hang out with my daughter again, so that's exciting!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 166.6
    CW: 166.4

• LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    Check in!

Username: LeahIsALoser
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 257
    CW: 250.8

Beginners luck (and water weight) but it is very encouraging! The key will be sticking with it when the weigh-ins aren't so exciting... That's where I have really struggled in the past and I don't want to get caught in that trap again. They say recognizing the problem is half the battle, though. Now I just have to develop some form of discipline and I will be set! Haha.

So nice to see the successes happening here already.
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2022
    Friday weigh in day
    username DanielleHeitzenrater
    PW 251
    CW247.6

it felt so good to see those numbers on the scale today I was jumping for joy I was so happy!! I hope everyone has a great Friday I know I will!!
  • trooworld
    @FushiaKat Great job on your goals. I'm glad no migraine. Wow, that room is really intricate and cool! Congrats on finishing it, good luck in the contest!

@davidji82 The scale is going in the right direction! Yay!

@micaroo4 I hope you get to do a video chat with your brother. Wow, your days sound tiring, those long days.

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda I hope you had a good time with your daughter being home. Congrats on the loss.

@LeahIsALoser Yowsa, great loss! That's true, you have to stick with it. :D

@DanielleHeitzenrater Great weigh-in, congrats!

Hi all. Not much going on. I'm going to do a workout this morning. We officially adopted our dog yesterday, here's a pic of her enjoying a dog-friendly pupcake as a celebration!

Work out at least once a week -
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day -

bcph2k24bax1.jpg
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursday
    PW: 165.0
    CW: 164.6

Thanks to @trooworld for the post about taking longer than expected. My tiny weight loss each week is making me feel a bit discouraged. I was planning to lose a pound per week, and it is not happening. So, I guess I just need to focus on all these little losses adding up over time to a big loss.

And I just want to add a big shout out to those of you dealing with health issues, stress issues, etc. The fact that you are still able to focus on your weight loss amazes and inspires me!
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    @trooworld thank you very much and congrats on the new addition! So cute! have fun and enjoy your new fur baby!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Ohhhh dear that is a very hard situation with your future daughter-in-law. I know firsthand from my previous marriage how damaging passive-aggressive behavior can be to a marriage and to the family. I will pray that she grows up and has a change in heart with her behavior. And I will add Sydney and Nick to the prayers as well. And prayers for you in navigating the emotions of your children and your own emotions. Stay strong! <3

@Katmary71 How frustrating to drive to PT to only be told that they wouldn’t see you because of their mistake! It’s been hot here too so I’m making sure to dump water on my plants every day. I discovered those pesky gnats on several of my begonia plants yesterday, but I had some spray that will hopefully kill the little suckers. That is very nice of you to help a shy person out by going to the charity meeting together. :)

@GabiV125 Oh how funny to think it’s you only to find out that it’s the hot temperature in the office. You might need to dress really cool and bring a sweater for whatever temp might be in the office. :grin:

@FushiaKat Wow that game you created is so beautiful and intricate. How talented you are! :)

@Cornanda Yup, if your sore it’s working! I’m doing a strength program right now where you do 9 different exercises, only one set, and a maximum of 8 to 10 reps. The difference is that you lift as heavy as you can and go super slow. It’s brutal but I love it! :grin: I hope you have a good work trip and yayy for getting to hang out with your daughter. :grin;

@LeahIsALoser That is a great first weigh-in! And yeah it might be a lot of water weight but that is OK. Now the real work of fat loss can begin and yes it all starts with your mindset. Weight loss is not about the big numbers but about consistency and watching those small amounts add up. :)

@trooworld Congratulations on the adoption of your sweet Daisy! I bet she loved her pupcake. Sooo cute! <3

Good morning! Today, I finally get to go get my hair cut and colored. For some unknown reason (and I hope it’s nothing serious) I’ve lost my hairdresser I’ve been using for 13 years. So, I’m going to someone my friend uses and I pray I like her and that she makes me look great. :) I got some really hard news this week. My Pastor (who is also my boss and dear friend) has Parkinson’s and the symptoms are getting worse. He is only 58 so this has been really hard for him to accept, but he has no choice. He is stepping down and leaving the church at the end of the month. This is so heartbreaking for Joe and I and will be for our entire church. We are small and Pastor Rob is why most of us attend this church. Now we have to find a new pastor and a new boss for me and the staff. Of course, we will all do our best to remain friends, but it won't be the same and I really do feel that at the worst time in my life, it's just another terrible thing I'm having to accept. I tried to be strong and not eat my feelings, but I caved last night after Joe went to bed and had a bit of a binge on ice cream and nuts. Today is a new day and I’m going to do my best to stick to my plans to get this weight off and be as healthy as I can be. I'm off to lift heavy weights and get a new great hairdo! :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,895 Member
    I had my video chat with my brother. He's had a lot of stress lately. Relationship issues. Anyway, it was great to catch up with him.
    It's pouring here right now, so today may not be the day I catch up on my walking!!
  • infamouscandi
    infamouscandi Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks all for the warm welcome! How's everyone doing?

So we ordered a treadmill this week; it came yesterday. Glad to say I've just been on it for 20 minutes and feel fab after doing so! I can already tell my mental health is going to benefit massively from this.

I hope everyone has a great weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.