What movie or show that you are watching right now?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    The new Doctor, Ncuti Gatwa, was announced and, as usual, I've never seen him in anything. People were really excited to see it was this guy on one of the threads I was reading and mentioned Sex Education so......

Two episodes in. I love the show. I love the humor. I love him on it. And I love that it didn't take long for me to get excited, too. :)
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    -Better Call Saul
    -Finishing the final season of Ozark
    -Re-starting Barry so I can dig into the newest season
    -Just finished season 3 of You (holy *kitten*!)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Due Date :)
  • ReenieHJ
    And Countdown
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    Perry Mason
  • ReenieHJ
    I watched John Q a couple days ago. Good movie.

In the middle of Our Father now.
  • honey_honey_12
    Dog Fight on the Military History channel
  • honey_honey_12
    Just starting episode 2 of
    ‘Under The Banner Of Heaven’.
  • chickenperson483
    chickenperson483 Posts: 35 Member
    I watched the second episode of the new Kenobi show, also, Gilmore girls, touched by an angel, The Simpson’s, and MASH
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    I watched The Bob's burgers movie yesterday.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    The 100

81BsLyXzzAL._RI_.jpg

I started watching this show as something to pass the time when my wife and I aren't watching together as she isn't really into science fiction stuff. I thought it would just be a little cheeky sci fi show for some benign, mindless entertainment when nothing was going on, but I have been totally sucked in.

It runs seven seasons and I initially wondered how that could be possible without starting to be redundant and just keeping it going for the sake of keeping it going. I wondered how it would be possible to have a seven season series based on the premise of 100 people living in space 100 years after the nuclear annihilation of earth being sent back down to earth to see if it was inhabitable. I figured the story could probably be told in 2-3 seasons tops without going off the rails.

They've actually done very well here. I'm starting season 4 now and so far each season has been almost like a completely different movie with various twists and turns. Also, no one particular character is boxed in as a "hero" or "villain"...they can be one or the other or a combination of both depending on the situation and survival. To the latter, no character is immune to being killed off no matter how high profile they appear to be for the series...anyone can die, not just the side characters.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,017 Member
    Finished up S2 of Ted Lasso
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    edited June 2022
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The 100

81BsLyXzzAL._RI_.jpg

I started watching this show as something to pass the time when my wife and I aren't watching together as she isn't really into science fiction stuff. I thought it would just be a little cheeky sci fi show for some benign, mindless entertainment when nothing was going on, but I have been totally sucked in.

It runs seven seasons and I initially wondered how that could be possible without starting to be redundant and just keeping it going for the sake of keeping it going. I wondered how it would be possible to have a seven season series based on the premise of 100 people living in space 100 years after the nuclear annihilation of earth being sent back down to earth to see if it was inhabitable. I figured the story could probably be told in 2-3 seasons tops without going off the rails.

They've actually done very well here. I'm starting season 4 now and so far each season has been almost like a completely different movie with various twists and turns. Also, no one particular character is boxed in as a "hero" or "villain"...they can be one or the other or a combination of both depending on the situation and survival. To the latter, no character is immune to being killed off no matter how high profile they appear to be for the series...anyone can die, not just the side characters.

Me and misses loved this show, up until season 5. After that it went downhill in our opinion, but first 4 seasons were great

Octavia was our favourite character for sure
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Babylon Berlin
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited June 2022
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The 100

81BsLyXzzAL._RI_.jpg

Me and misses loved this show, up until season 5. After that it went downhill in our opinion, but first 4 seasons were great

Octavia was our favourite character for sure

Yeah, I'll be curious...season 5 is often the death-nil for many a series. It often seems like after 4 seasons or so the writers are just scrambling for something to keep it relevant and interesting instead of just letting it go. For most series, my interest starts to wain on average after the 3rd season.
  • honey_honey_12
    “What On Earth”
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Stranger Things
  • VioletLosing
    VioletLosing Posts: 4 Member
    Supernatural
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Just finished Stranger things, and the offer, so went with A hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy.
  • joesanabria33
    joesanabria33 Posts: 45 Member
    Stranger Things season 4. That show is just so nostalgic and entertaining.