Age 50+

Losing weight after 50 is tough. Looking for some people in the same boat as me to become friends and help each other out.

Replies

• minniemighty1555
    minniemighty1555 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello 50+! & Call me 54+. I want to loose my extra 10 from Quarantine, and my extra 10 from before that. I loved NOOM, but I regularly fell off the wagon a few pounds short of my goal, and this, regularly, for 'bout five years. But I have their cuteness engraved in my mind, to never ever give up & make it a mindfulness exercise first and foremost, so that's what I'm going for now.
  • Vikkib1311
    Vikkib1311 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, my name is Vikki and I am about to turn 50. I have about 6kg to lose, so hoping we can do this together. 😀
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Over 50 but still at it
  • Kat24211
    Kat24211 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to be part of a small 50+ accountability group. I wonder if we can form a small group in the “Groups” section? I’m not familiar with all the different community features, but it looks like maybe that’s the way to go?
  • justlog2day
    justlog2day Posts: 44 Member
    I'm over heading to 60 in a few years. The way I deal with exercise and weight management is very different than 10+ years ago.

It's a never-ending process no matter what age, but I find it more challenging now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,971 Member
    Kat24211 wrote: »
    I would love to be part of a small 50+ accountability group. I wonder if we can form a small group in the “Groups” section? I’m not familiar with all the different community features, but it looks like maybe that’s the way to go?

There's a 50+ group already, but it's not very active.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

I've seen various 50+ (or close) groups start, and they seem to wither away pretty fast (maybe most groups do?). The one linked above has at least had some little recent activity. If folks are interested in a 50+ group, maybe go over and colonize that one, see if it can get going again? Just a thought.

P.S. Yes, I'm 50+ . . . 66, actually, and maintaining a healthy weight after losing 50+ pounds with MFP at age 59-60.