Women 200lb+, Let's Make June Joyous!!!

Replies

• DeterminedKins
    DeterminedKins Posts: 26 Member
    Hahaha haha although I love that it changes swear words to kitten!!¡!!!!
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Since complaining about lack of loss, the NSVs have piled up.

My mum is in the process of cleaning her house because she's moving early next year and she's gonna be part of a yard sale type thing. She asked me to try on a bunch of clothes that never fit me and some old clothes that fit years ago. Everything fits.

My calf is looking very pronounced. Also, my mum, who notices body changes in people very quickly, said my ankles looked skinnier and bonier.

I did a 37,5kg double power snatch.

I couldn't comfortably lean against the train window on my way back home yesterday because my shoulder got bonier so I was uncomfortable for 2 hours.

A woman at the gym who hadn't seen me in a few weeks asked me if I'd lost A LOT of weight because I looked way different. I was wearing light blue sportsleggings that show everything. I don't mind her saying something because she's also one of us 200lbs+'ers and it's just different, you know? I could tell she was neutral/kind.

So even though the weight isn't budging, I take these as signs that maybe I'm doing okay after all.

As an aside, I managed to eat a 1770kcal breakfast this morning and somehow still managed to plan two more filling meals with room for a snack within my calorie budget. I know I have a really large calorie budget but even I was baffled at my planning skills that made this work. Breakfast is usually 700-1000kcal so this was an anomaly.
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm definitely late joining June's thread, but I made it!

Jamie, 37, 5'6", Pennsylvania
    SW: 248

6/1: 239.6
    6/6: 241

Okay, so I forget which of you ladies said this, but muscle pain = weight gain. I just started some strength training, and I have been SORE the last few days. As soon as started feeling sore, my weight shot up two pounds and has stayed there. But now that I understand that it's water weight and will eventually go away, I'm not stressing about the gain and instead am focusing on getting stronger!

I've been trying to find a good arm/upper body workout, and yet somehow I keep ending up doing squats and my thighs are crying today. First I tried to do a low intensity upper body workout on FitOn, but it was too difficult for me and I was frustrated by the lack of modifications, but I still felt sore all over, so I took a rest day and then tried again yesterday once I was feeling better. Has anyone heard of/tried HASfit? I found it on YouTube and they have a ton of videos, including a bunch of beginner videos. I took a walk yesterday morning, then did a 15-minute strength training video (got a good sweat from it! and more squats lol), THEN ended up hand washing my car in the afternoon, which I didn't realize was going to be such a big job! I was beat. Today is going to be another rest day because it hurts to walk and lower myself to sit down.

I'm starting to slack on hydration. I'm trying to drink 64-96 ounces of water a day, and I have a 32 ounce bottle that I use throughout the day. My first bottle full is usually pretty easy to down during the morning, but then I get lazy the rest of the day.

Looking forward to this week. Tomorrow, I'm going to a minor league baseball game, so I will have to really plan my meals and allow myself a beer and maybe a walking taco at the game. Then Saturday is my town's Pride parade and festival which we plan on walking downtown for (a little over a mile each way, plus whatever walking we do downtown). I'm excited for all the fun stuff this week!

Have a great week everyone!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone,

187.8 today! I didn't expect to see 187 again so soon, but no complaints here. My changes are working as intended.

Had a good night at the gym last night, did lots of things I'd never done before, which keeps things interesting. The split class was great, and I want to take it all the time. The lady who helped me during twerk class was there, and it looks like I have a gym friend! :smiley: Tomorrow is poles and then a class called Sittin' Sexy, which is going to be a chair routine. It's taught by the same woman who taught the split class last night, and I really like her. She liked my dance name. 🥺

Anyway! Breakfast and lunch are all packed, maybe I'll make ravioli casserole for dinner tonight? We'll see. Ravioli casserole is so easy, it can be my backup for something more ambitious. It's just frozen ravioli layered with sauce and cheese (and sausage if I have it) and baked at 350 for half an hour or so covered, then a little bit uncovered to melt the cheese all the way.

Tag party time!
    @bojaantje3822 Look at you fitting into all the things! I love this for you, NSV!

@JAC581 yesss hurting muscles = water retained. I like the muscle pain = weight gain, easy to remember because it rhymes. Watching baseball is so nice and relaxing, have fun.

@NoNameWonder Hi Lynn! You've got this!

@arkansasariel I love this :heart: When I was single, almost every night's dinner was chicken grilled in the George Foreman grill and microwaved vegetables, lol. I'm also very lazy when it comes to cooking just for me.

@EDTake2 you're doing great! Everybody says exercise is the key to maintenance, so your idea is a good one.

@sargemarcori
    "I am not a garbage can!" I deserve better than to be treated as a disposal.
    4u5pibfihu1q.png

It's true though!

I also prelog food, breakfast and lunches, only even lazier than you do, haha. I just put some chicken in the crock pot on Sunday with some seasoning on top, portion it out for lunches, then add veg to them through the week. For breakfast I throw a sausage in a tupperware and dump egg whites and seasoning in, lol. And snacks are protein bars and apples. It's scary how I don't get tired of this formula.

Dinner is always whatever the family's eating, that probably helps.

@sbortnick :heart: :heart: you're in a good spot for all of us knowing what you're going through.

@goal06082021
    I'd better eat this or else it will go to waste.
    iw81trn3kml4.png
    Yup. I've gotten better about it recently, mostly because my calories are so precious, I'm going to "spend" them on things that taste good, not things that the kids cast off/things that are about to go bad.

Also, protip: If you have an air fryer, it does a great job reheating pizza to maybe even better than fresh after a day or two in the fridge. Just sayin'.

@PansyLass13 oooh, I love
    Try a new healthy recipe 1x/wk
    that's a great goal! You're making good progress, congratulations!

@determinedkins drink that water, you've got this! :heart:

Have a great day everyone!
    weight.png

• porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    SW (Feb 3rd): 220

Feb: -6lbs
    March: +3lbs
    April: -10.2
    May: -5.4

6/1:201.4
    6/9: 202.2
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:

🌼🌼🌼 June GW: 196 - aka Onderland! 🌼🌼🌼

Only getting time to come in and log for Sat, was up nearly a lb (I'd say I'm up way more now! Lol, this weekend was all over the place, I can't wait to get back to cleaner eating this week).

Hope everyone is keeping well. Oh we did our first trip out to the forest for archery as full members with our own bow! It was so fab walking around for a few hours, focusing on technique. Manage to destroy one arrow already, it got logged in a root in the ground! But I hear that's part of the joys of archery.
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 NOW! 5'4", Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs. Down 100.2 lbs so far!
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22-158.8 lbs
    6/1/22-152.2 lbs

6/5/22-158 lbs :-( Not doing great. Been eating too many carbs (Problem is they are so tasty! And trigger me to eat more.) and then probably retaining water with them too.

I know you aren't delighted about the gain, but honestly I look at your journey and it's so bloody inspiring! Don't forget the progress you've made over all, really it makes this a little blip (ps I need to remind myself of the same, not just in health but other stuff too).
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    I weigh in on Mondays.

Started 2/5/22
    SW: 288.8
    CW: 264.2 (-24.6)
    GW for June: 259

5/30: 264.2
    6/6: 261.2 (-3.0)
    6/13:
    6/20:
    6/27:

Goals for June:

🍎 Keep eating 4-5 fruits and veggie servings per day, at least 5 days a week
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Work up to 8 minutes at a time doing Leslie Sansone workouts by the end of the month
    👦 Survive the first month of summer break and taking care of my nephews (my health has gone downhill a lot since last summer)
    🏊‍♀️ Start water exercise once the complex pool opens
    👩‍⚕️ Set up the appointments I need to have with my primary doctor
    ⬇️ Lose 5-6 pounds and enter the 250s (I’ll be happy with any loss)

Past week update:
    I believe I hit the fruit and veggie goal except maybe one day at most. It’s time to aim for 5 a day nearly every day soon. Only exercised with Leslie sansone once this past week with being sick and doing other unplanned activities. First week of summer break went pretty smoothly but still exhausting. Thankfully my brother is taking the oldest to work with him again and I’ve only had the younger one yesterday and today. Much calmer and easier.

I’m still sick. I’ve got more symptoms and hoping I don’t have a sinus infection. I overdid it way too much last week with unplanned tasks and now I’m in day 5 of a flare up with pain all over, fatigue, loose joints, etc. So there probably won’t be much Leslie sansone exercise this week either.

On the bright side I lost 3 pounds this past week (or two weeks since I stayed the same last week). I’m happy about that!