What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• DiscoveringLisa
    DiscoveringLisa Posts: 112 Member
    Vegetable Laksa using the recipe I begged for from a prestigious harbour side restaurant chef on the island of Jersey quite some years ago. A donation to his favourite charity and he wrote it down for me! The original was a seafood Laksa which is why I’ve not eaten it in years. First time I’ve made it just with veggies. Just as delicious as I recall.

A very rare treat for me! The coconut milk alone is almost as many calories as my dinner usually contains. Not to mention the oil in the paste and the noodles! 😱

2lsv1hb8feng.jpeg

That looks amazing. I'd love the recipe for that 😋
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited June 2022
    We went out for sushi at a new to us restaurant. I had seaweed salad, avocado bomb, nigiri sushi and nigori sake.

nowgsg46vfpk.jpeg

xccshy6x69zg.jpeg

33hpwb3v251m.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    An easy weeknight meal of air fryer copycat KFC and frozen chips. Side of salad with ranch. When I make ranch I make plenty so have a few weeks supply in the fridge. The KFC coating from the Chicago Tribune recipe is something I keep in a big jar in the pantry. I coat the chicken in thinned down yoghurt because buttermilk is not easy to find in the UK before shaking in a bag with the coating mix. The chicken goes in first as it needs about 25 minutes at 200C followed by frozen chips on top that need 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over if you notice it over browning.
    9sdhyi4zrtcm.jpeg
  • DiscoveringLisa
    DiscoveringLisa Posts: 112 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    An easy weeknight meal of air fryer copycat KFC and frozen chips. Side of salad with ranch. When I make ranch I make plenty so have a few weeks supply in the fridge. The KFC coating from the Chicago Tribune recipe is something I keep in a big jar in the pantry. I coat the chicken in thinned down yoghurt because buttermilk is not easy to find in the UK before shaking in a bag with the coating mix. The chicken goes in first as it needs about 25 minutes at 200C followed by frozen chips on top that need 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over if you notice it over browning.
    9sdhyi4zrtcm.jpeg

I am definitely trying that KFC recipe 😋
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Weeknight meal after getting home late from the office. Starter of salad with ranch we had in the fridge, halved seedless grapes, and blue cheese croutons. When blue cheese goes past it's sell-by date I mash it with butter and freeze in logs to serve as discs on steaks. Melted, it can be tossed with a slice of bread cut into cubes that are toasted in the air fryer to make flavourful croutons. Main was linguine with courgettes. I got curious about this dish after watching "Stanley Tucci: In Search of Italy" where he went on and on about this. I didn't follow the televised recipe which calls for deep frying the zucchini.
    qh50zw31cut7.jpeg
    pyx7mr5g5txa.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Pan fried orange roughy, oven roasted butternut squash and Brussels sprouts.

4cinn1iwy6xz.jpeg