*Pre track including weekends πŸ’–
    *Track honestly πŸ’–
    *Prep and weigh dinner and night time treat in morning. πŸ’–
    * Make bub laugh daily πŸ’–
    *Β  Focus on tracking not on deflecting through out the month πŸ’–
    * Phone usage to a minimum πŸ’–
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    I hve learnt alot in May, learnt that now I'm back at work I need to eat less calories cos I'm sitting on my butt all day. Learnt that I get to a certain point in the month where I deflect and create drama with food and diet instead of just focusing on the basics of tracking everything, I deflecting last month by obsessing about sugar and using that as an excuse 4 my weight where really the prob was I wasn't tracking honestly, was grazing and eating to much calories seeing I am now not chasing a bub around everyday. Drinking a cup of tea at meals helps me slow down and not eat slower fast I used to do this and stopped so stating again!! Xox

This is beautifully insightful, @donna25trinity! It is ridiculously easy to exercise our excuses as to why we’re not making the daily choices that will lead us to the better life we want for ourselves. And I get it, and I do the same thing. But usually it’s just easier and faster just to make those small daily choices. It takes me 2 minutes to log my food intake. When I log regularly, my weight stays in my maintenance range. When I move away from logging, my weight creeps up, because there is a tiny part of me that thinks that if I don’t log it, the calories don’t count. πŸ™„ I’m pretty sure I can find those 2 minutes a day to track my food.

I tots know wat u mean!!! U are so right!!!xox
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,479 Member
    I was able to get most of my morning routine and part of my afternoon routine in today before heading out backpacking.

This June I will list/post daily accomplishments (P for pass or day of the month if done):
    P-P-P-4-5

Morning Routine:
    β–ͺ Check calendar 1-2-3-4-5
    β–ͺ Weigh myself, record 1-2-3-4-5
    β–ͺ Make bed P-2-3-4-5
    β–ͺ Empty dishwasher/put away dishes 1-P-P-4-5
    β–ͺ Drink 48 oz water/coffee/tea 1-2-3-4-5
    β–ͺ Workout or walk 1-2-P-4-5
    β–ͺ Start a load of laundry 1-P-P-P-P
    β–ͺ Swish and swipe bathroom P-P-P-4-5

Afternoon Routine:
    β–ͺ Take vitamins with lunch 1-P-3-4-P
    β–ͺ Clear/clean counters P-P-P-4-P
    β–ͺ Sweep/mop floors P-P-P-4-P
    β–ͺ Workout or walk 1-2-3-4-5
    β–ͺ Drink 24 oz water 1-2-3-4-5
    β–ͺ Prep dinner 1-2-3-4-5

Evening Routine:
    β–ͺ Clean kitchen counters/stove P-P-P-4-P
    β–ͺ Clear/declutter hot spots P-P-P-4-P
    β–ͺ Straighten up/reset family room P-P-P-4-P
    β–ͺ Go to bed at a decent hour P-P-P-P-P
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    I was pleased with how May went. For the first month, I didn’t overwhelm myself with too many new habits. This month I will focus on doing my mindfulness practice every morning after my first cup of tea.

Prompt: first cup of tea is done
    Do: 4 minutes mindfulness (increase by one minute each week)
    Reward: smile and tell myself how much better I feel when I suspend the β€œbusynessβ€œ for just those few minutes.

I do my mindfulness every day and it is especially helpful to me when I am in the car and get stuck in traffic. Fear not β€” I keep my eyes open and focus on my breath and acknowledge their interruption and cause the critical thoughts to pass by. This has really been helping me. It will continue, but starting the day out with this wellness practice is something I am looking forward to doing for myself.

I love your mindfulness habit, @jamcnewman! What a great way to start the morning!
  • themedalist
    @enlightenme3 and @CindyFabFFG welcome to our group! We are always happy to have UAC members join us and you will see some familiar faces and names around here. I hope you had a great backpacking trip, @enlightenme3!
  • themedalist
    Last night was the first night with my sleep mask. I woke up at 7:10!!!

It’s super comfortable and has a cutaway for the nose, which allows just a trickle of light. I like that because I don’t want to be in total darkness.
  • CindyFabFFG
    CindyFabFFG Posts: 23 Member
    I went grocery shopping with a plan today. It’s funny, now that I’m logging food? It made me not eat anything on drive home like I often would! My exercise is not all that right now, BUT making June’s goal β€œtracking food” will be huge for me. I’ve never tracked food for more than a week or two. I know I can’t β€œout exercise a bad diet” so I’m okay with this habit being priority number one in June.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    edited June 2022
    @MadisonMolly2017 I DO tend to get overly ambitious and need to reign it inβ€”ha. So I think the logging food daily within calorie range is definite habit worth solidifying for June!

@CindyFabFFG
    Perfect! That is likely the key habit!

Things to mull over..
    Are there ways you can make remaining within your calorie range more effortless?

Things I’ve noticed many, but not all of us, do;
    Prelogging the day’s food
    Eating slowly without distractions (phone, etc)
    Having crunchy foods ready to nosh in the fridge!
    Using Pre-packaged salads.
    Purchasing frozen microwaveable veggies for dinner

Using Smaller dishes
    Water…
    Sleep…
    Having a small treat each day.

This list is just to get you started brainstorming things you might like to try.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    *Drink tea with meals πŸ’–
    *Track honestly πŸ’–

@donna25trinity
    WhhooooHiooo my friend!
    What a terrific dayπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

How did it feel?
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    I am back again 🌺. A lot has been going on the last several months that made it difficult to be active here. However, I have peeked in on several occasions and learned some interesting things. I especially enjoyed learning about identity based habits. I enjoyed reading the posts that were related to that. Thank you @themedalist for all the links and information about it. I have read them all, and appreciated them immensely.

I'm right there with @77tes, I definitely would have to stay awake for The History of the Semicolon also! So I just Googled it, and did you know that it has been around since 1494 😁? I refused to go down that enticing rabbit trail right now, but maybe another time.

@MadisonMolly2017 I'm glad to read that you are doing better now after the rough patch...

@MrsDavis1517 you asked for water tips.... about two months ago I decided I needed to add in even more water. I already kept one of those medium sized stainless steel, insulated travel cups in the kitchen for drinking water during the day. I remembered that I also had two smaller ones in the bottom cabinet. I decided to put them to use in areas that I pass by more often as I go about my day. I experimented with where to actually put them. Over time it has become easier to remember to drink some water as I pass by. I recently changed where I keep the one in the kitchen, and now I notice it more often than before.

@enlightenme3 That was fun reading what your habit was going to be centered around. Since the last week of May I have been back to using the FlyLady system. I also had decided that was going to be the habit that I will reinforce during June. I have used the FlyLady system, off and on, since she was using email messages as reminders of the routines and missions. Now I am using an app to keep track and focused. I still use my original Control Journal binder that I made for the Zone work that is more detailed and specific.

Because all the family was going to be in town in the Middle of May, and some, including several of the youngest grandchildren were staying with us, I decided to devote about two months to systematically deep clean and declutter every room, as well as child proof. I stashed things that I wasn't making decluttering decisions about at the time. I also had toys, books, games and educational items set aside that I was giving away if anyone wanted them, or donating if they didn't. Now I have an easily manageable amount of items for visiting grands, and the parents have some nice things from their own childhood for their children. Win/ win!
    Because deep cleaning almost every day started becoming habitual as time went on it became natural to want to get back to using the FlyLady system again.

@themedalist thanks for the sleep mask report. I was wondering about that.

It was fun to read everyone's posts so far, and good to be back here for June. πŸ¦‹ means that I completed what I needed or wanted to do that day

June 1: πŸ¦‹
    June 2: πŸ¦‹
    June 3: πŸ¦‹
    June 4: πŸ¦‹

June 5: πŸ¦‹

🀠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Last night was the first night with my sleep mask. I woke up at 7:10!!!

It’s super comfortable and has a cutaway for the nose, which allows just a trickle of light. I like that because I don’t want to be in total darkness.

Thank you!!!!
    You had me at 7:10 am!!
    Ordered, arriving Tuesday!!!!
    πŸ’žβ™₯οΈπŸ’ž
    Maddie!!
  • donna25trinity
    RepoΕ•t
    *Track honestly πŸ’–
    * Take bub for a walk or shower the moment I get home. πŸ’–
    * Watch my fave show after work upstairs at night away from the kitchen. πŸ’–
    * Be confident at work πŸ’–
    * Journal πŸ’–
    * Meditate 5 min a day πŸ’–
    *Β  Read 1 page of book a day πŸ’–
    *Β  Go for walk at lunch πŸ’–
    * Glute exercise at 3 times a weekπŸ‘ŽΒ Β Β 
    * Don't take work too seriously πŸ’–
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited June 2022
    @LazyBlondeChef
    Do you have trigger events for any of the behaviors you want to do? Ditto rewards. (I use verbal.)
    As I brew my coffee & make my breakfast, I will wash & cut 15 oz of vegetables & pop them in the refrigerator as I smile & say β€œWay to insure your veggie habit!!”

I don't typically use trigger events but I did read about that here last week I think (maybe in the nuts & bolts section ... I don't recall). It is an excellent idea so I should think about ways to mini-reward myself. Washing the vegetables first thing in the morning would be a good habit for me to get into because I know that at times it's my laziness that keeps me preparing them. It would also help with my zero waste goal as it truly annoys me when I end up binning veggies at the end of the week. I also looked at trackers because I'm a list maker. There is something about crossing an item off that gives me satisfaction.
  • donna25trinity
    *Track honestly πŸ’–

@donna25trinity
    WhhooooHiooo my friend!
    What a terrific dayπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

How did it feel?

Aww thanks mads! It feels really good!!! Xox
  • enlightenme3
    Thanks @themedalist for the welcome! @texasgardnr - I used to get the Fly Lady emails, but honestly hardly ever read them. Now that I'm ready to embrace the system, I ended up using Microsoft ToDo to help me keep track of what I need to do.

Back from backpacking - it was a fun trip.

This June I will list/post daily accomplishments (P for pass or day of the month if done):
    P-P-P-4-5-6

Morning Routine:
    β–ͺ Check calendar 1-2-3-4-5-6
    β–ͺ Weigh myself, record 1-2-3-4-5-P
    β–ͺ Make bed P-2-3-4-5-6
    β–ͺ Empty dishwasher/put away dishes 1-P-P-4-5-6
    β–ͺ Drink 48 oz water/coffee/tea 1-2-3-4-5-6
    β–ͺ Workout or walk 1-2-P-4-5-6
    β–ͺ Start a load of laundry 1-P-P-P-P-P
    β–ͺ Swish and swipe bathroom P-P-P-4-5-P

Afternoon Routine:
    β–ͺ Take vitamins with lunch 1-P-3-4-P-6
    β–ͺ Clear/clean counters P-P-P-4-P-6
    β–ͺ Sweep/mop floors P-P-P-4-P-6
    β–ͺ Workout or walk 1-2-3-4-5-6
    β–ͺ Drink 24 oz water 1-2-3-4-5-6
    β–ͺ Prep dinner 1-2-3-4-5-6

Evening Routine:
    β–ͺ Clean kitchen counters/stove P-P-P-4-P-6
    β–ͺ Clear/declutter hot spots P-P-P-4-P-6
    β–ͺ Straighten up/reset family room P-P-P-4-P-6
    β–ͺ Go to bed at a decent hour P-P-P-P-P-6
  • donna25trinity
    edited June 2022
    *Track honestly πŸ’–
    * Take bub for a walk or shower the moment I get home. πŸ’–
    * Watch my fave show after work upstairs at night away from the kitchen. πŸ’–
    * Be confident at work πŸ’–
    * Journal πŸ’–
    * Meditate 5 min a day πŸ’–
    *Β  Read 1 page of book a day? πŸ’–
    *Β  Go for walk at lunch πŸ’–
    * Glute exercise at night 3 times a weekπŸ‘ŽΒ Β Β 
    * Don't take work too seriouslyπŸ‘Ž
    * Chew gum in kitchen
    * Have things to look forward after work and wen I'm on my own πŸ’–
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited June 2022
    Posted this in May by mistake 😝

🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷
    🌷🌱🌷June 2022🌷🌱🌷
    🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷

My May habit had 4 main results.
    β€’ Positive feedback throughout the day of what I am actually accomplishing.
    β€’ Massive reduction in negative thinking and pressure to β€˜succeed’.
    β€’ Motivation to do more little jobs and add to the list.
    β€’ Valuable insight into my solid daily habits, and where they can be improved.

It gave me much food for thought for this month.
    June Focus: CREATIVITY
    I have restarted a crochet project that I want to finish this month.
    In June I will………
    Work on my crochet project

🌱🌱🌱
    Cue … When I sit down to have my morning coffee > 4 days a week
    🌱 Seedling Habit…I will crochet > one round of the pattern
    Reward …Air punch
    crochet 🧢 not crochet πŸͺ·
    🧢🧢🧢πŸͺ·πŸ§ΆπŸͺ·πŸ§Ά

June Solid Habits:
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    • Weight < 140: (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    • Reduce Fat%: 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%
    • Increase Muscle%: 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.4 : 31.8
    • Calories in the green:
    • Steps > 7500:
    • Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily:
    • Active hours > 6 daily:
    • 11 pm shutdown of devices:
    • Cleanup sweep ground floor rooms:
    • make bed > 10 minutes of flex:
    • Journal/Habit Tracker

• enlightenme3
    [*] Reduce Fat%: 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%

@TerriRichardson112 - are you focusing on body fat % or percentage of fat in your diet? If the former, how are you measuring? I've always been curious about mine, but thought that it was something a doctor or gym with special equipment had to do.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,234 Member
    I just joined the group, also inspired by the discussions in the UAC group.

My focus this month is on hydration. Having just read ¨Atomic Habits¨ and currently reading ¨Target 100¨ I am starting with trying to build habits that will ensure better hydration.

1st habit of focus: The cue is my relatively new habit of weighing every day after waking up, cleaning my cpap mask and using the restroom. The weigh in should serve as the prompt that the next thing in my daily routine is go to the kitchen, drink a 16 ounce glass of water, refill the glass and set a timer on my Fitbit to remind me of my next water break, which may vary based on my plan for the day.

You know it is really amazing how unconscious habits are. I remember the discussion about dehydration and someone talking about monitoring the color of your pee. I said I did that--- but now I realized that is just a very occasional thing and not a habit at all. Yesterday all day long I planned to check the color of my pee and monitor how the hydration was going. And I repeatedly failed! I would remember the idea of checking my pee only after I had already flushed the toilet and left the bathroom. One time I was even thinking about it as I was on the toilet, and then promptly when I finished I walked out of the stall, it flushed automatically and I realized that I definitely do not routinely monitor my hydration level!

I think improving my hydration is going to require several new little habits, which I am also sort of working on but my big focus is cementing the habit of at least drinking more water very early in my waking hours.
  • CindyFabFFG
    CindyFabFFG Posts: 23 Member
    I like that this group has people focusing on one habit a month because I definitely one of those who could easily write a list of 50 things and set my self up for failure.

Tracking my food each day this month is a good one for me to have because I’ve never tracked food for more than a week or so. Also, there have been times where my fitness level felt strong, but the results weren’t always what they could be because of an inconsistent diet.

Tracking my food is also good because I know I need to work on mindless/emotional eatingβ€”-knowing I have to write it all down is keeping me from grazing.

Tired now after first higher intensity workout in a while. Good-night all!