The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    I turnt 41 this year. I'm trying to get into better shape since I had surgery.
  • 52sophie
    52sophie Posts: 4 Member
    52 and going to lose weight and build some muscle. Feel free to add me. #support #tips #encouragement #needsomecheeringon :)
  • BurnTheButter2
    BurnTheButter2 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi There, 47 yr old named Tracy here. Trying to stay in a healthy bmi as I get older. Feel free to add me!
  • Mrbond_007
    Mrbond_007 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2022
    44 and loving life from the uk..feel free to add me
  • tenacious_turtle
    tenacious_turtle Posts: 24 Member
    Hey everyone!! Turning 49 in a few weeks and would love to have more supportive friends :)
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Hello! Turned 40 in May. Currently down 62.6 pounds since February 24. Always looking for my friends to keep this train going! We can do it!
  • Mjperegord
    Mjperegord Posts: 2 Member
    I'm close in age to you. Covid took me out so I can't imagine adding the loss of a parent to the complete *kitten* show the last nearly decade has been. My encouragement is to say never stop starting. Life does happen and it can paralyze you for a day or a decade. Don't let it be a decade. You deserve more/better. Sift through the baggage when you're working out. That can help. Try boxing, in fact. I say, you're going to just kill it - one day at a time.
  • Bookish_Mama
    Bookish_Mama Posts: 21 Member
    Good morning, everyone! This isn't my first start, but I'm hoping it'll be my final start. I was recently told that, due to a chronic medical condition, I need to lose (a not insubstantial amount of) weight, so here I am. Back again. I'm 37 (38 in September) and a mom of 3/teacher, so time and energy are my biggest limiting factors.
  • AlanM_1974
    AlanM_1974 Posts: 40 Member
    Hi all, back on again and training after a nasty diverticular flare-up. How's everybody doing?
  • TonnnnUK
    TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    Long time, UK based heading into later 30's here & back after a hiatus. More active friends would be nice. Feel free to connect!
  • cherylgross70
    cherylgross70 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I'm 51. Past year I've gained a lot of weight due to nerve injuries in my foot. Can't hike as much as I used to. I'm finally fed up with it and want to lose some, not only to look and feel better but to avoid other health issues. Hoping to "meet" others here to support each other.
  • scrapperchick
    scrapperchick Posts: 13 Member
    Hi. It’s been a really long time since I’ve been here. I’m hoping to really use this as a tool to get healthy. Hopefully I can stick with tracking what I eat every day.
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    I am at the upper end here—just turned 59. I have lost about half of what I need to (down 23 pounds, have another 20-25 to go. Feel free to add me.
  • creative_matter
    creative_matter Posts: 1 Member
    Would you please add me?

Hitting the big 5-0 next year and have an even bigger number of pounds to lose. I'd love to hear about folks' favorite activities (beyond swimming) that aren't super-hard on the joints.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,943 Member
    Would you please add me?

Hitting the big 5-0 next year and have an even bigger number of pounds to lose. I'd love to hear about folks' favorite activities (beyond swimming) that aren't super-hard on the joints.

Bicycling.
    Canoeing.
    Kayaking.
  • NerdyHedgehog
    NerdyHedgehog Posts: 1 Member
    37 year old mom of three looking for accountability and motivation.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Serial starter, back at it again, 10 days in, let's do this. Feel free to add me
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    So far so good weight coming off slowly but steady, I keep on getting those walks in daily so fingers crossed I will hit my target by the end of October my birthday.

Good luck everyone.