Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @laurelfit57 Well that's great that they made it as long as they did! Water is hard, it takes vigilance. But keep trying, you'll get it! Yeah, I use a smaller plate than some of our other plates but maybe I need a smaller one yet. Ouch about the ingrown toenail! Yay for Vannie and you!!!

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss, fantastic! Yes, I've heard the closer you get to goal, the smaller the losses. Still great. Yay for new clothes and shoes!

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday except I got into too many points of snacks. I will do better today.

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out -
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! Not too much going on. My brother and his wife stopped by yesterday on their way to Florida for a visit. I hadn’t seen him in years, so it was fun to catch up. Today, I went to work and did the bookkeeping and cleaning. Tonight, I have a meeting with our newly elected event committee to talk about the pastor’s retirement party and our next potluck. I like having a committee since for the few years it’s been me planning most of these events. My eating has been OK, but I definitely need to figure out how to get back into the losing headspace. :/
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    @Fushiakat yay! Congrats on the loss!! Less than 20 pounds to go, that is so awesome! I bet those new blouses look great on you❤️. Those sneakers are super cute!

@trooworld I have started putting my water bottles out on the counter again, that seems to help me for some crazy reason. Those snacks… They can get me into trouble every time😜. Glad you had a good day otherwise :-)

@TeresaW1020 glad that you had a good visit with your brother and his family! That has got to be great having that committee, especially right now when you were going through such challenging times. I am glad that you have got people to share the load with. OK eating, is not a bad thing under stressful times. Big hugs to you my friend

I had a pretty good day, eating was on track, I wasn’t able to get to the gym again today and don’t think I’m going to be able to for the rest of the week. My daughter and grandkids came over after lunch and we spent 2 1/2 hours in the pool (I live in a condo complex and there is an outdoor pool in the middle courtyard). I honestly feel like I spent about three hours at the gym today LOL! My grandkids wore me right out.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @laurelfit57 I was thinking later that night I said the name wrong, it's cue ball squash, they're balls not pool sticks! Sounds like you got a workout in with Vannie, glad she was able to run the full course! Ingrown toenails are awful. Pool time with your daughter and grandkids sounds awesome, they have the most fun grandma ever!

@FushiaKat I'm so glad you're fitting in mediums! I did the same thing as you and went for more colors, I actually bought white shorts and jeans but they were always dirty so I donated them. I'm so glad you're enjoying color and more form-fitting clothes, rock it girlfriend! Last 20lbs, woot woot!

@TeresaW1020 Glad you got to see family! I'm glad you have a committee to share the planning duties with now.

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday! Not much going on here, I'm watering at the food bank farm the next couple days, surgery's tomorrow afternoon, then doing my workouts and was prepping food today for post-surgery. The lever to release my gas door broke so I can't put gas in my car and it's over $6 a gallon here, I was close to breaking it so I could put gas in my stupid car but am trying not to panic and do that. My brother's going to look at it when I'm doing better. Have a wonderful Thursday! Did my challenges and all's done for the night.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hey- I'm back!

I had a super time on my work trip. Nevermind the work- it was fun hanging out with my daughter, and her bestie. One night she cooked dinner for me and it was very good. We ate out a bunch and I did not get much exercise in. I did take some food along so I could eat light for some of the meals and snacks. And I went to a park and took a walk. It was going to be a serious 3 mile trail walk. But as soon as I got started there were all these cool water birds hunting for food- I had to stop and watch them- so it turned into a relaxing, but shorter nature walk. I saw a mama gator and 10 babies! I'll see if I can add a photo with my phone later. It was very relaxing.

Can't remember who was talking about it- but I've been working through the Healthy Minds app. It teaches meditation. It makes it very easy and approachable to learn. And it's helping me with my anxiety and sleep. I've tried to learn meditation before and it didn't work.- I always wound up feeling I wasn't doing it right. Anyway- my most recent lesson was on "just being" and having awareness of the present. That's why I was able to enjoy the nature walk so much. If you have any interest at all, give it a try. It's free.

I have a long list of stuff I want to get done before I start my new job, but I don't seem to be working on it. Time to sit down and make a plan. I'm doing great on the challenge except for while I was traveling.

Today will not be super relaxing- a family video meeting regarding my Mom's cancer and Alzheimers. And my pre-employment physical.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I'm glad you enjoyed the visit with your brother. It's good you have help planning things now.

@laurelfit57 That's a good idea. Thanks! How's your toe? Is that why you can't get to the gym today and the rest of the week? Water play is good exercise.

@Katmary71 I hope the surgery goes well today. That's a bummer about your car.

@Cornanda Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time. It sounds like you did great! Did you go to Florida? That sounds like a great app. I hope today is not too rough. Hugs.

Hi all. I hit a great NSV yesterday: I hit 50,000 pounds lifted on my Tonal! I've been using it consistently for 4 weeks now. I feel great! Today, I am going to finish the 12-workout program I've been doing for the past 4 weeks. It will be quite an accomplishment considering I'm "allergic" to exercise. :D Speaking of exercise, I found a good YouTube video for exercise: it's called "growwithjo" and here is the link: https://youtube.com/c/growwithjo

Work out - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

y3brooyzytli.jpg
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,940 Member
    @Katmary71 The more I hear about newer cars, the more it makes me want to hang on to my older model (2011). So many things can go wrong with all the fancy gadgets, and if it's something to do with the car's computer, it's a very big problem to get it fixed because of the chip shortage. I hope you are able to sort it out and fill your gas tank!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 137.7
    CW: 137.5
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursday
    PW: 164.6
    CW: 164.3

:/ I should be content with losing this week, but I am not. I ran 2.25 miles three times this week (I normally just do 30 min video workouts -BB 21 Day Fix- without sweating much), so was hoping to post at least a 1 pound loss for this week with the added running and it didn't happen. My aching joints are telling me that the running wasn't worth it :D
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:221.5
    CW:228.3

Hi all, big gain this week but i hope to do much better next week.
    GSTQ
  • Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 166.4
    CW: 167.5

+ 1.1
  • Cornanda
    @trooworld - I live in Florida! I went to Tampa for work. 50,000 pounds is terrific! I'm glad you are liking the tonal.

@judiasverdes - I think that's the nasty part of your brain telling you it wasn't worth it. Don't listen to it. Hang in there and see what happens this week.

Not sure what happened yesterday, but I decided not to follow my plan all day. I was expecting a gain this week- putting in some work yesterday would have helped me out. I'm back in the saddle today.

Lisa
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    Username: LeahIsALoser
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 250.8
    CW: 248.0

Down 2.8 from last Friday.

Congrats to everyone for the losses and non-scale victories this week and to everyone who posted gains, you're sticking to the challenge and staying accountable and that's a big part of the mental battle--kudos to you as well! In the past, when I had gains I just stopped showing up and that's what truly derailed me. I aspire to be more like the cool cats in this awesome group.

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!

-Leah
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @laurelfit57 grandkids and a pool sound like a wonderful way to work out! :grin:

@Katmary71 Yikes on gas price being over $6 a gallon! I’m going to fill it up today and ours is $4.70. We live in crazy times that is for sure! I hope your brother can fix your release lever. That would be super frustrating to not have that open. And prayers that you have a quick recovery from the oral surgery. <3

@Cornanda I’m so happy you had a great work trip and fun times with your daughter. Wow, I didn’t know a gator could have that many babies at once. No wonder they infest every watering hole in Florida. :grin: I hope everything goes well with your video meeting with your mom. I know this is hard for you and your family. <3

@trooworld What an awesome NSV! I would love to know what my total weight lifting is. I’m so glad that you are back to working out and feeling so great. I really do believe that the more you do it the more your body and mind will crave it. Build that muscle girl!! :grin:

@judiasverdes don’t be upset with your small weight loss! With that kind of running and doing 21 DF, you have probably retained some water to protect your muscles. This is why we should also go by our measurements and how our clothes fit. You are doing great!

Good morning Team! My event committee meeting went really well and I’m happy with how we all worked together. Tomorrow Joe’s youngest son, daughter-in-law, and eight-year-old granddaughter will be here. They are staying through Monday and part of me is excited and the other part is dreading it. On top of all of Joe’s health issues that we have had and continue to deal with, I’m very certain that he has some form of dementia and it’s not getting better. I plan to talk to his primary next month about actually doing tests to determine what is going on with him. I can’t live in denial that he will snap out of it. The fact is that my husband is not the same man and for both our sakes, I’m going to have to learn to accept it. :'( OK, time to get him up and get this day started. I have to go wash my car before it gets too hot.
  • trooworld
    edited June 2022
    @GabiV125 Good job staying steady and not gaining!

@judiasverdes I hate when the scale doesn't reward my healthy behaviors. I always say stepping on the scale is a crap shoot. At least it is for me. I never know what it is going to say. Some people can lose steadily. I am not one of those people. I hope that next week, the scale catches up with your hard work.

@davidji82 You've been so steady of a loser, you get a pass. ;) Seriously, you are doing great, hang in there!

@Cornanda I forgot about that! LOL I've never been to Tampa but have been to Florida. It's beautiful! Thank you, I do love the Tonal! Glad you are back in the saddle.

@LeahIsALoser Great loss. Way to get it! Have an awesome weekend, too!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I bet your total weight lifting would be a lot, you've lifted so many times! Thank you for your support! I hope Joe doesn't have dementia. I'm so sorry.

Hi all. Well, lots of NSVs to report for yesterday: I got a WW blue dot for staying within my points, I drank enough water (70 oz), and I finished my Tonal program which means I did 12 workouts within 4 weeks and I loved it! I'm not working out today, today will be a rest day. My body needs it! Have a good day.

Work out - X

o6ibi0uxktkl.jpg
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 249
    CW: 248
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Today is officially my first day of vacation. Rich is working today, so it's just me. I went out for an early morning bike ride; the weather is gorgeous! I'm just having my first meal of the day, one of my super salads. Today it's arugula, kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, red bell pepper, goat cheese, dried cranberries and roasted pumpkin seeds. When I finish my huge salad, I'll go out for another walk. It's just too lovely to be indoors.
  • Cornanda
    tcfi7w7z5twp.jpg
  • Cornanda
    @TeresaW1020 - I'm glad the meeting went well and that you will have help with this event. Hopefully that help will continue with future events as well! I hope that things go well with your visitors and that you are able to get some answers regarding Joe's issues. Prayers and hugs!

@micaroo4 - your salad sounds delish, lots of exercise and being outdoors sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!

Lisa
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Friday
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 169.1
    CW:167.7

Last weekend of my eldest being here before he leaves to go back to Asia 😪
    It's been so lovely to have him at home for a whole month, I will try not to eat my feelings when he leaves on Tuesday ✈️
This discussion has been closed.