Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Forced new look

Please allow users to revert to old look of app. I hate when you are forced into a new look and without giving permission. Some people really struggle with technology and I find this has really stressed me out.
21 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 263 Member
    The entire update is brutal, not user friendly, and plain ugly. It amazes me how out of touch the Devs are with this site. Why fix cosmetics when so many other areas are broken on here? It's to the point it's more frustrating than enjoyable.

Must be other working sites out there.
  • jerryboger
    jerryboger Posts: 1 Member
    The diary is practically unusable with the column totals removed.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    MFP has taken an easy, convenient & usable app & gutted it. I can’t find a single new item that improves my experience & I’ve been tracking here for many years. I always found the simplicity & usability great. I don’t really mind some of the Buy Premium nagging, I know they gotta make money, but removing basic stuff like how to post a status update is a strange decision, as well as the huge ad on the “dashboard”. They really need a rethink.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    MFP has taken an easy, convenient & usable app & gutted it. I can’t find a single new item that improves my experience & I’ve been tracking here for many years. I always found the simplicity & usability great. I don’t really mind some of the Buy Premium nagging, I know they gotta make money, but removing basic stuff like how to post a status update is a strange decision, as well as the huge ad on the “dashboard”. They really need a rethink.

They didn't remove the possibility to post a status update, it's right at the top of the newsfeed (or certainly in my app)
  • k8blujay
    k8blujay Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2022
    While I generally don't mind the new look.... it was a pain and the a word for butt to figure out how to post to our newsfeed not intuitive at all.... there isn't a spot to update our progress (or at least it's not intuitive to find)... and I am really disappointed that I can't share pictures... it was bad enough I couldn't copy and paste pictures into my status update and that I could only post them through the progress updates.... many of us use this as not just a weight loss app but a social media platform and it seems like things just don't work hardly anymore.
  • jeri30
    jeri30 Posts: 46 Member
    You can turn off automatic app update for all apps or individual apps very easily, which is what I've done so I still have the old app.....not planning on updating it soon either considering all the complaints.

For android, which is my phone: https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-automatic-updates-on-android-5192496

Just scroll down to where it says How to Turn off Automatic App Updates on an Android Phone or How to Turn off Individual App Updates on Android.

I just googled how to turn off auto update on your cell phone android.