Not loosing

Chd83
Chd83 Posts: 9 Member
Weight= 245
Height= 5’3”
Menopause, hysterectomy and Hypothyroidism
I have been using this app for ~3 months with 2 lbs lost!
I’m exercising 4x per week for 30 minutes ( my lunch break)
Eating ~ 1390 calories, per MFP
What is wrong ??? I’m so discouraged

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    I try to remember that getting to a healthy weight is a journey with lots of ups and downs. Stay focused on why your making changes and look for some non scale victories to keep you motivated. Since your working out you may be swapping fat for muscle which could effect your weight loss, maybe take measurements as well so you can track body changes. You do have some factors working against you but consistency can conquer all. Hugs
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Is your diary open? If an open diary, perhaps can take a quick look at where going wrong. First of all, are you weighing and logging correctly? Weighing your food (vs using measuring cups) is key. Also, it seems your calories are set too low for that starting weight. You should not go below your Resting Metabolic Rate. (I do a weekly average, as my calories can go really high some days and really low other days, depending on activity level.) If you even out the weekly rate, that helps. Also, do you have your macros set correctly? Focus on hitting your target protein and fats macros first.

Hope this helps.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Chd83 wrote: »
    Weight= 245
    Height= 5’3”
    Menopause, hysterectomy and Hypothyroidism
    I have been using this app for ~3 months with 2 lbs lost!
    I’m exercising 4x per week for 30 minutes ( my lunch break)
    Eating ~ 1390 calories, per MFP
    What is wrong ??? I’m so discouraged

How’s it going? Any progress? It’s been a month or so since you posted. I hope you stuck it out and started seeing the results you want.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    I am not sure how it is going. There is no update. I know it's a challenge and can be discouraging.
    Measuring EVERYTHING from from water to salad dressing. You will be surprised that many forget to count calories for condiments . Food scale, and measuring cups are your best friend. Protein is your friend and yes you can eat carbs note how you feel after consuming them. Strength training build muscle it will change your body. I am still over 200lbs and people think I am less and I am so not I have been focusing on building muscles in efforts to boost metabolism. I do cardio once or twice a week.

key points from my response is basically to
    1. measure your food ( ensure you are in a caloric deficit )
    2. build muscle
    3. increase protein and monitor your body's response to the foods you eat
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 285 Member
    I am hypothyroid (radioactive iodine ablation in 2000), hysterectomy 2010, post menopausal, and waiting on a knee replacement, so limited exercise options. If I have a week of not losing, I drop my caloric intake by 100 calories. This has worked twice for me.
  • j9izzypoo
    j9izzypoo Posts: 6 Member
    I don't know if you will see this as this post appears older, but I will comment anyway. Always remember that no matter what if you are eating healthy and working out the scale kind of needs t go to the wayside. The main focus becomes how the clothes are fitting. You could be losing fat and gaining muscle mass which is heavier than fat. I have had thyroid disease since 2000, started as hyper/Graves' Disease and radioactive iodine treatment made me hypo for life. I struggle to lose weight unless I really focus on healthy eating. Meaning decreased carbs/sugar and treats! I eat mostly vegetables and fruit, get good sleep when you can. I wish you the best of luck on your continued journey!