WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Carla - Lovely! I can feel your pride! <3

DH will be home in around half an hour. I've eaten. His is ready and waiting.

I watched the whole series of 12 episodes and was captivated. Strange way to spend a sunny Sunday, but hey!

Lisa - glad it all went so well. What a shame they have been separated all these years.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited June 2022
    Inflation: Went to Walmart and 2 onions were $1.98. :s Lots of people must be stocking up on chicken because there wasn't much of that. Seems like there was more beef and pork. ;)

Carol in GA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Barbie, So very sorry your beautiful Sasha is winding down. I'm glad she rallied so her regular vet can take care of her needs. That will be easier for all of you. (((Hugs for you & Jake)))

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,809 Member
    Ginny - I did pelvic floor PT with a woman specially trained in women's health. It was interesting. Standard exercises to do at home and then also some biofeedback with electrodes attached in appropriate spots. I liked the visuals that allowed you to see when you were using the right muscles and when they were working hard enough. It also helped to establish control with those muscles because you could see how much effort you were putting forth. In one exercise there was a picture of a rosebud. If you contracted the right mucles with appropriate strength it bloomed and opened up but went back to a bud when the muscle contraction was released. I felt the PT gave me about 80% improvement of my symptoms.

Barbie - we have in home euthenasia services here. I have heard it is a good way to do this.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 34min 29sec, vacuum, dust, laundry fold and put away, sweep front patio and entryway, trim front/back/side bushes, water plants, refill humming bird feeders and fountains = 954c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    I walked 40 mins. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Started to do the Total Body DVD but found that I had to modify too much because of my toe so I switched to an Off the Ball DVD. I WILL NOT give up my opportunity to exercise. Then worked on the puzzle some and then took a walk around the block. I strained the yogurt yesterday and need to put it into a container today. Also want to make gazpacho, go in the pool, then maybe banana chocolate chip muffins for Vince. I would like to try this recipe for banana zucchini muffins but I don’t have a zucchini and with the price of gas, I will pick it up the next time I go shopping

Rori – enjoy your company and the concert. Glad your covid is mild

As you know, Vince retired from Mars. Well, he got a link to an article. Seems that at Elizabethtown (that’s where they make the Dove) two employees fell into a vat of chocolate. It was only up to their waist so there wasn’t any chance of them drowning. However, the chocolate was so thick that they couldn’t get out so they had to call the fire department. Can you imagine the call “can you get our employees out of a vat of chocolate?”. I’m sure that’s a call the firemen won’t forget soon! And I can just see the employees saying “oh, what to do, what to do? Fire company, take your time getting here. Stop for a pizza or two”

Katie – you are NOT a failure. Accidents happen. Our first cat was indoor/outdoor and although we were on a busy street, we still let him go out. You can guess what happened. But I don’t feel like a failure. You have a big heart. Who knows? Pip might very well return.

Change of plans – I’m going to make these applesauce mini muffins instead of the banana chocolate chip and maybe I can make the others when I get a zucchini

Made those muffins and when I took the first batch out of the oven, they just came out and fell onto the oven. Usually, you have to cool a cake or muffins before they come out of the pan but not this time!

Carol and barbie – thanks so much for the update on Barbara. That’s a relief

barbie – all animals have a way of knowing things. I’ll swear our dog knew I was pg before I knew. I agree that Sasha knew how uncomfortable Jake would be driving in the dark so is holding off. And I know that you’ll take great care of her in the meantime

Carla - Yea for Annie’s team!

Going to go for a walk now.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    ❤️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,325 Member
    Sue in WA-thanks for the information and encouragement.

Carla-very cool about your daughter and her team. Hope they make it to Canton!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,100 Member
    Carla congratulations to Anne's team! Hopefully they will make it all the way!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Nighty night ladies xoxo
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,599 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-thanks for the information. I am going to someone who has specialized training for this. It has my interest piqued.

Lisa-what a great visit you had. Hope a relationship can be maintained.

Barbie-sounds like your current plan will be a bit easier way to handle a most difficult situation.

They were predicting rain to start at noon. My walking buddy was supposed to go to church and would not be free until 1 or so. I decided to go ahead and get in a walk early. Did 4 miles. Ran out to do errands, friend texts and want to know if I want to walk at 11 (she didn't go to church). They have delayed projected rain until 4 pm. Since I had promised her yesterday I would walk with her-I told her sure. Went out and got another 3 miles in. Don't remember getting that many miles in ever. Won't make a habit of it, but nice to know I can do it. Now to get back to the chores!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Well done on the walking!!
  • pipcd34