WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    We are supposed to be getting hotter here. Friday looks like being the hottest day. I am picking up Bea on my own tomorrow and hope it isn't too hot for me. I think a sunhat is required.
    Another husband of a friend has caught covid, probably in the airport queue coming home. He is over 80, but has had 4 jabs and is fit. My friend will obviously get it. DH and I are the only ones so far to miss it. 6 more days to go. :o:/

Love Heather UK
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i got a text and again my bed is delayed and now until the end of the month..
    Shouldn't have taken my bed apart because it is hell trying to get up off the boxspring and mattress on the floor.
    I guess it because the supply isnt meeting the demand ,i guess Covid hasn't helped..
    Oh well no use crying over spilt milk..
    Just grrrrr

I hope they give you a good discount(rebate).
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Dlfk- not a penny
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Meg good to hear from you!

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • dlfk202000
    Dlfk- not a penny

wow- that isn't right at all.
  • dlfk202000
    edited June 2022
    did zumba and then wanted to hit my 15,000 steps so had my son walk around the block with me for that last 2000.
    My Fitbit app says I am at 15,147 steps, 12 floors(flights of steps I think), 6.81 miles and burned 2,127 calories.
    MFP says I have eaten 767 calories.
    I will eat something but nothing huge- it is almost 9pm so don't want to over eat. Just ate a small amount before class(if I eat too much I get heart burn during class)

going to make graham crackers with peanutbutter and a little Nutella- puts me at 1012calories for the day with 920 remaining(NOT eating that)

Hope to get to sleep before 1AM tonight- walking MIL's dog in the morning then picking up meds for her

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

edit- did a little more- now over 16,000 steps. Enough for today.
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Happy almost Tuesday everyone. I am successfully logging and bought a food scale to replace one that’s gone missing since the last time I was faithfully keeping track. I don’t weigh everything but I find it helps for some things, especially as I retrain myself to gauge portions better. Also walking a lot.Things are headed in the right direction at least.

Grandmallie - glad you made the decision about your bed - hope you get your money back without having to fight them.

Barbie - <3 Thinking if you and your Sasha

All - stay cool and healthy.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am tired after a long day. I’m looking forward to tomorrow. ⭐️🌺⭐️😴⭐️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. Rodger and I were able to spend about 3 minutes together this morning. I have stayed up past my bedtime to see Rodger for a few minutes this evening. I guess this is a true example of marriage, it’s not all romance and candlelight. 😂 We do hope to get some time away this summer at some point and Rodger just asked me out for supper Thursday night.
    There were a lot of people that didn’t think Rodger and I were making a good decision when we married. His Mother was sure we were though and I’ll always love her for that.

Machka - I can’t imagine being married and then not being together right away. My Grandparents were separated their first 4 years of marriage due to WWII.
    I need to post that stairway reminder somewhere I’ll see it regularly.
    I tend to worry and fret when I know that it all works out when you just take it a step at a time.

Those little succulent cupcakes are cute.

Lanette - I always thought it would be neat to sit on a jury too, I know myself better now though and if it wasn’t a 100% for sure “they did it” scenario I would doubt myself the rest of my life wondering if I made the right decision.

We use regular coffee in the Keurig. We bought the reusable pods for this. It has saved us a lot of money. Rodger drinks coffee more than I do so this works because he spaces his out over a few hours.

Kylia - I am finding it very hard to find a mechanic I can trust. That is what I went to my cousin’s the other day. He looked at it so the mechanic wouldn’t try to sell me something I didn’t need. However, he is going to fix it for me so I don’t have to take it to a mechanic at all. He is a mechanic, he’s just retired.

Rebecca - we are having a drizzly cold week here. It is supposed to rain until next Wednesday. 😳

Allie - I have a coworker that has a dog that is keeping her up throughout the night and early morning. These comments always confirms for me that I don’t want a pet even though I would love the company.
    Did they not warn you of supply issues at the time. We are being told to expect 6-8 months on most big purchases.

Lisa - I didn’t know what bingo wings were and went to look it up. I hadn’t heard that term before.

Sue - that is fortunate that your daughter stayed home. Junuary is an apt word for this month.

Meg - Welcome back.

Off to bed, I should sleep well listening to the rain.
    Tracey in Edmonton