WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    Went to doc today for UTI, different NP than my usual so she reviewed my chart then ordered an EKG and another that tests for blood flow and stress. Well EKG was good but stress one was bad. My physical stress levels are ok, but mental and emotional not good. I was referred to a doc that tests for current medication effectiveness and therapeutic massage. I then get home hand find I have 2 calls, one to schedule my sinus surgery and the other from the state tax office. 🙄🙄 and they wonder why my stress levels are so high!

RvRita in 104 degrees at 6 pm Roswell NM

Sorry that you're under such stress.

Is your sinus surgery similar to a surgery to repair a deviated septum? I did that 2 years ago. It was an experience!!

What was the stress test? A multiple choice type of thing?

Machka - I can’t imagine being married and then not being together right away. My Grandparents were separated their first 4 years of marriage due to WWII.

Tracey in Edmonton

That was what we said to each other ... when the war was on, people married and then went off to war. If they could spend time apart, so could we.

I needed to finish my degree. I did try to move my degree to Australia, and was accepted at the university here, but I would have to finish it as an international student which is a lot more expensive than being a domestic student. We decided to save ourselves a pile of money by being apart 9 months.

Bingo wings -- I know them as bat wings.

Coffee -- here in Australia we drink instant coffee at home and at work, and strong Italian coffee when we go to a cafe. Some people (including us) have a French Press ... but ours rarely comes out.

Uninvited guests -- if they're dropping in to say "hi" briefly, that's not too bad. If anyone were hoping to stay overnight, that would be a problem. We don't have room.

But since we don't have a dryer (most in Australia don't) and we dry our things on a drying rack in the lounge room in front of the heat pump (like many Australians in winter), it could be a bit embarrassing having people in.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im up and have fed Alfie
    Im going to call the place Tom and I have bought beds before never had a problem with them,the place I bought from i read reviews last night and its nothing but horror stories.
    So if i call the other place and I can at least get a mattress fairly quickly I'll order the rest from Amazon or Wayfair.. and deal with it ..
    Have to take care of chunka lunka today and take Carmine to school ,his last day is friday and then on to high school.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited June 2022
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Whomever posted the very cute succulent cupcakes...- Those are adorable and I am stealing that idea. I think I will make mini brownie bites and decorate them like mini succulents. So adorable!

Love and hugs to all who need them! I have been reading but my brain is still tired and foggy. Know that you are all, always in my thoughts. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

That was me. :) I thought they were very cute!

I thought of you when I saw them ... thought it might be something you could do with the kids or for the kids. :)

I follow a page on Facebook called Ideas & Fun and I like a lot of their ideas. :)

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    Ugh teenagers...me hoofing up the stairs with a sleeping baby.. to get Carmine up.. so under the pillow i get its field day im not going to school...
    Tracy at work at Dunkin Donuts so busy i did text her.. im not going to put Miles in the car to go tell her that Carmine is being a pain....
    So i called him out of school and will let Tracy know when i take Miles down at her break..
    Im to tired to fight him ugh
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,301 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    Katla- you know the Great Blue is my favorite also,the hummers and Cardinals too..
    My mom read me the Thorton Burgess books to me when i was young and I will read them to Miles.
    I am just waiting on a call back from a bedding store that Tom and I have used and never had a problem with and thats probably where i should have gone in the first place.Once i get a call back that they have what i want in stock i will be canceling my other order..
    And they better not give me any flack.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 55min 26sec, 46elev, 3.10ap, 89ahr, 101mhr, 6mi= 500c
    Strava app = 684c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 56.09min, 1017elev, 131aw, 16.1amph, 112ahr, 143mhr, 15.03mi= 351c
    Strava app = 419c
    Zwift stats- 56.15min, 1018elev, 16amph, 130aw, 52arpm, 15mi= 420c

Total cal 851
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We’re having a quiet day at home watching birds and the river. Water is deep and several trees on the island across from us seem to be sitting in several feet of river water.