What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    j0ixihc54xqo.png

How is this stuff? I have been eyeing it at whole foods. The reviews are half and half so I haven't tried yet.

Personally I love it. I used to eat tuna and salmon pouches every day until I decided to be vegan. I mix with vegan cheese, use in miracle noodle, on a rice cake or plain out of pack
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    I know if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all, but that looks so much like Little Friskies after my idiot cat has licked away the gravy, I just couldn’t. No way.

My cats are like Jack Spratt and his wife. One licks the gravy, the other eats the solids. Clean plate club. 👍🏻
  • VegjoyP
    I know if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all, but that looks so much like Little Friskies after my idiot cat has licked away the gravy, I just couldn’t. No way.

My cats are like Jack Spratt and his wife. One licks the gravy, the other eats the solids. Clean plate club. 👍🏻

Maybe because I am a Leo? 🤔🦁😂
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    been going HAAM on potatoes and LOVING IT. red, fingerling, japanese/korean sweet potatoes. seeing AMAZING muscle gains and body fat keeps getting slimmer!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    xujdeett9j5m.png
    Obsessed with these. Bad for me because they are super high calorie and I usually NEVER drink my calories.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 - those Soylent products have been banned in Canada lol! (any 'meal replacer' can't contain sucralose). After looking at the ingredients too of this stuff, it's a questionable nutritional 'meal'...probably tastes good though😆
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 - those Soylent products have been banned in Canada lol! (any 'meal replacer' can't contain sucralose). After looking at the ingredients too of this stuff, it's a questionable nutritional 'meal'...probably tastes good though😆

OMG LOL. That is crazy! I definitely don't think they are healthy or good for me, I see them like a milkshake/dessert :D . 20g for 400 calories doesn't even give them "protein shake" in my book. Funny how they are marketed as so.
  • springlering62
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

OMG LOL. That is crazy! I definitely don't think they are healthy or good for me, I see them like a milkshake/dessert :D . 20g for 400 calories doesn't even give them "protein shake" in my book. Funny how they are marketed as so.

That’s almost as many calories as a CookOut shake.

Hmmmm……soyfauxproteinshake versus superyummyCookOuticecream shake……..I think I know where I’d lean.

It’s like watching International Househunters and screaming at the TV “for $200 more you could have the new kitchen, extra bedroom and the view, you moron!!!!!”
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    xujdeett9j5m.png
    Obsessed with these. Bad for me because they are super high calorie and I usually NEVER drink my calories.

*warily eyes the green soylent bottle*
  • awnurmarc
    awnurmarc Posts: 125 Member
    Embarrassed to admit it... but after years of avoidance I have discovered artificial sweeteners in drinks and energy drinks. A whole world has opened up to me. I don't have any brands to mention, except I prefer sucralose/Splenda.
  • Lady_oft_Lakes
    Lady_oft_Lakes Posts: 17 Member
    Grenade protein bars 🤤 virtually no carbs or sugar and taste amazing especially the mint and dark chocolate ones 😍
  • VegjoyP
    Again...

lmmslpda63xs.jpg

Topping with nut butter and preserves
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    Again...

lmmslpda63xs.jpg

wondering what these are??
  • VegjoyP
    aqua14lisa wrote: »
    Again...

lmmslpda63xs.jpg

wondering what these are??

In the store they are often called Hawaiian Sweet potatoes, they are actually from Okinawa Japan. They are very rare to find. I got them from a Korean market in Maryland but found them here in Sarasota at a store called Detweiler's. Once you have one you would never look at another potato, y or sweet potato the same!
  • VegjoyP
    g8zjzn7zg4rm.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I’m really loving Gorgonzola cheese lately. I top my salads with it, and also eat it straight out of the container. Thinking of trying it in an omelet soon, maybe with some diced chicken sausage, tomatoes, and spinach?
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Affogatos, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over top. I’ve had 2 in the last week :D
  • lessjess22
    lessjess22 Posts: 21 Member
    Yasso frozen yogurt bars. Low calorie and very delicious.
  • springlering62
    Lidl’s Karate Teriyaki.

Sweet, tangy, dark, umami. It has it all. Heaven on roast tenderloin or in lieu of BBQ sauce.