WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,366 Member
    Katla - Hope the waters don't reach your house - apparently Yellowstone National Park is closed due to flooding as well. Above average snowfall over the winter and 400% higher rainfall than average this spring are combining for record-breaking floods across the area.

We are looking at a heat wave here and no rain in the forecast for the next three weeks, but then, that's summertime in Arkansas. Spring's all rain and summer's all sun. We did want to move to a place with four distinct seasons, and we found that, so I'm not going to get cranky about it. The friends we left behind in West Texas are surviving temperatures in the 100s on a daily and weekly basis. And we had rain nearly every day last week, and they have seen only a spattering of rain in the last three months... and none in the forecast.

Worked in the yard from 8:30 to about 2:30, with just a couple breaks for water and rest... Took me an hour to cool down enough to get in the shower. If I don't wait until I get cooled down, I'm still sweating when I get out of the shower, and I hate that... Sweated enough to lose a couple pounds of water weight, and am busily drinking liquids now to get rehydrated.

I am in the house for the duration now, though. Haven't seen Egg since 8:30 this morning, so she's either outside and found some shade, or more likely under a bed somewhere in the house staying cool.

Hugs or huzzahs to all who need them...
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    Feeling a bit better this evening. I’ve been resting up as per instructions from NP yesterday. She gave me much more info than the doctor did when he did my original procedure.

(((Hugs))) or cheers to those who need them.
    Don’t let the #kittens# get you down.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies.

I cooked/baked all day Saturday and the kitchen was HOT! I think I must have sweat off a few pounds...too bad it's already back on. I made spiced nuts, tiramisu mini cupcakes, mini quiches, no bake cookies, and chocolate dipped shortbread cookies for my friend's birthday party. I enjoyed making it. I don't cook/bake for people too often anymore. I have cookies and cupcakes galore taking over my freezer. There was so much food, she asked me to take some of it back home so she didn't eat it all. I sent some cupcakes to work with the Mister. The rest will be great snacks for the boys when they go back out on the boat again.

We went to a comedy show last night. I have not been to one in a very long time. I need to find more of those. It's so great to laugh.

Has anyone done a wine and food tour through the Rhone or Loire Valleys in France? If so, did you use a tour operator that you'd recommend?

Have a great week!

Tina in CA

We've cycled some of the Rhone ... on our own.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Terri- feel better soon...
    Oh lordy I remember all the female problems i had ,its no joke
    I did hear back from the other Bedding place and they have what i want..so i called and canceled from the other place ,just going to drop off the mattress pads on Thursday and wont deal with that company again.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies.

I cooked/baked all day Saturday and the kitchen was HOT! I think I must have sweat off a few pounds...too bad it's already back on. I made spiced nuts, tiramisu mini cupcakes, mini quiches, no bake cookies, and chocolate dipped shortbread cookies for my friend's birthday party. I enjoyed making it. I don't cook/bake for people too often anymore. I have cookies and cupcakes galore taking over my freezer. There was so much food, she asked me to take some of it back home so she didn't eat it all. I sent some cupcakes to work with the Mister. The rest will be great snacks for the boys when they go back out on the boat again.

We went to a comedy show last night. I have not been to one in a very long time. I need to find more of those. It's so great to laugh.

Has anyone done a wine and food tour through the Rhone or Loire Valleys in France? If so, did you use a tour operator that you'd recommend?

Have a great week!

Tina in CA

M in Oz

I don't want anyone in my group to have to drive, so I'm looking for a guide of some sort. I can plan it out myself and maybe just hire a driver, but I would prefer to have someone do that for me. I really don't like planning trips.

The wineries in the Rhone Valley (as I remember) are not really close to each other, so we can't "winery hop" easily, without getting in and out of a car.

Tina in CA

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member

Worked today and got to the gym!!!! Then went to the Salvation Army and found the kind of crock pot that I want for the condo (one with a removable crock). Then went to WalMart because we got a letter yesterday saying that one of Loki’s medications had been recalled. Seems that this batch wasn’t recalled, but we had no way of knowing. Then came home to a nice surprise. The guy to put in the bushes came! It’s only been a year since I first approached him about this, a year since we haven’t had the landscape lights.

When I got home from work around 12, the landscaper’s trucks, etc were here. He has the plants where they should go. But he’s not here. I thought at first he left for lunch. But here it is, almost 3 and they aren’t back. Wondering….. Update: I suspect he's just going to leave them here overnight

Tracey – according to my father, Vince had 3 big strikes against him. He wasn’t Catholic, he had long hair, and...sin all sins...he wasn’t Polish. But here we are...44 years later

The paper said it was supposed to be sunny and 94 today. When I came out of BK it was rainy and 68. Go figure….

Ceramics tonight

Allie – love the name “chunka lunka”

Lisa – you must be so very proud of your daughter. Let’s hope there isn’t drama when her husband gets served.

Oh, got a nametag at work today. Really not a big deal. The more I think about it, I should have gotten two, one for each shirt. Oh well….

Pip – wonderful your appt!

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Pip hope there is some relief for your shoulder at this appointment.

I did my dumbbells. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    💞
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies.

Have a great week!

Tina in CA

M in Oz

I don't want anyone in my group to have to drive, so I'm looking for a guide of some sort. I can plan it out myself and maybe just hire a driver, but I would prefer to have someone do that for me. I really don't like planning trips.

The wineries in the Rhone Valley (as I remember) are not really close to each other, so we can't "winery hop" easily, without getting in and out of a car.

Tina in CA

Wineries hold no interest for us ... we were much more interested in the little villages and jaw dropping scenery. We ended up basing ourselves in one location and from there we explored up and down the Rhone as well as going to Chamonix and Mont Blanc and to Zermatt.

It did seem, however, that there were a lot of little vineyards often in the most implausible locations!

My husband was interested in the other fruit orchards.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2022
    Welcome back!

auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka, Joe takes alpha lipoic acid for nerve pain. It helps my tingling feet too.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.

We no longer think it is just nerve pain, although the MRI I had on Friday should go some way to confirming that.

M in Oz