Understanding Fat Goals

I am having a hard time tracking meals to be high calorie, lower fat. Even some of my meals show I have 21g of fat, but most of those are polysaturated and monosaturated. There might be 1g of saturated fat, no trans fats. Mind you, my alternative meals are very low fat, like a salad with maybe 1tbsp of dressing. I am just trying to understand how to get enough calorie intake in a day, without busting my fat goals. >.<

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,932 Member
    You will likely need to just cut portions of the fats, right? I mean, if you usually use 1 tablespoon of olive oil, just use 1 teaspoon.

Since I have no idea what you are eating, just look at your food diary and cut back on things with fat...like buy lowfat dairy, etc.

With that said, the only fats I worry about are saturated fats. I'm usually way over on my fats and under on carbs. It's just the way I eat. If you don't have a medical reason to keep fats low, then it's likely not a big deal for you. Weight management is about calories, full stop.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,575 Member
    sromi323 wrote: »
    I am having a hard time tracking meals to be high calorie, lower fat. Even some of my meals show I have 21g of fat, but most of those are polysaturated and monosaturated. There might be 1g of saturated fat, no trans fats. Mind you, my alternative meals are very low fat, like a salad with maybe 1tbsp of dressing. I am just trying to understand how to get enough calorie intake in a day, without busting my fat goals. >.<

I agree with cmriverside's answer. However, if you want to add calories without adding fat, then add more carbohydrates and protein (whole grains, beans, legumes, lean cuts of meat)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Would something like this help you choose different foods you like that better meet your goals? There are lots of variations of this sort of thing on the web.

9i2t7jarfh4x.jpg
  • sromi323
    sromi323 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I will keep these things in mind moving forward :) Also that is an aweomse chart!