New……been faithful, what’s my next level. Need some direction

Options
Hi all!! I’ve been on this journey since the end of Feb, lost 14.8 lbs so far with NO diet. I have been walking and more walking. I am now learning about eating enough, macros and trying to begin strength training or take this up a notch. I want and need to lose 15 more lbs. I am strong physically but need help with knowing flexibility and knowing where to start. Let’s work!!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    enoel3000 wrote: »
    Hi all!! I’ve been on this journey since the end of Feb, lost 14.8 lbs so far with NO diet. I have been walking and more walking. I am now learning about eating enough, macros and trying to begin strength training or take this up a notch. I want and need to lose 15 more lbs. I am strong physically but need help with knowing flexibility and knowing where to start. Let’s work!!

Since you've joined MFP, I'm assuming you're willing to calorie count, at least for a while.

If that's true, one option is a "keep it simple" approach:
    * Get a calorie goal from MFP, ideally 0.5%-1% of your current weight as a maximum, with a bias toward the lower end of that unless severely obese.
    * Log what you're eating now carefully.
    * Look at your food log, and gradually make changes to hit your calorie goal, improve nutrition, etc., while eating foods you personally enjoy.
    * After 4-6 weeks, compare your weight loss rate goal to your average weekly weight loss, and adjust eating if necessary to hit a sensible loss rate. (Use at least one full menstrual cycle if that's relevant, so you compare at the same relative point in two or more different cycles.)

For the "gradually make changes" step, there's more about that approach here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

That won't be perfect for everyone - no one approach is universally perfect - but it's one option to consider. It's what I did to lose about 1/3 of my bodyweight, obese to healthy weight, and stay at a healthy weight for 6+ years since. Other people here have used the approach successfully, too. You don't necessarily need some fancy official named diet in order to lose weight, though those also work well for some people.