Who else hates the ‘motivational’ dashboard headlines?

ilovenickcave
ilovenickcave Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Motivation and Support
Hi,

How can we switch off the new judgy little negative attempts at motivation on our dashboards?

They are so aggravating —I know I’m not that only one triggered.

So far I had a few days of condescending “it’s never too late to start again” (I have not failed at this, thank you) then something about what I look like, then some other bitter sounding negativity meant to sound uplifting.

I left feedback for the developers and they told me to “learn to like it.”

My friend K who uses this app shares my ED also finds it incredibly discouraging. Is this not a place for people with ED??

Can’t we be allowed to opt out of reading regurgitated, phoned in, potentially triggering drivel?

Thanks

Replies

• ilovenickcave
    ilovenickcave Posts: 3 Member
    You’re really lacking some reading comprehension there bud. If it doesn’t apply to you, and many things won’t, just move on!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited June 2022
    I didn't even notice they were there, at first.

In general, I dislike motivational quotes (but love the demotivator posters at the despair.com web site (with which I'm not affiliated in any way, except as a fan)).

However, I also like Epictetus' "People are disturbed not by things, but by the views which they take of them." I like that really, really a lot, as in it's part of my core life philosophy (to the extent I have one).

I can easily, easily ignore those quotes, so I'm not gonna let them annoy me. It's a waste of energy. It's my job to keep me in a reasonably calm state, not the rest of the world's responsibility. Besides, IME, lots of people like motivational quotes (bizarre as that seems to me 🤷‍♀️).

BTW: They appear in the premium version. Is there a way to get rid of them? Don't know: I haven't bothered to look.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited June 2022
    @ninerbuff
    If free membership is a good fit - you must acquit. If you're not the CEO then let it goooo.