New Obesity Fighter

Options
GabbyvsObesity
GabbyvsObesity Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hello I am morbidly obese. I am 29 years old and i have been fat since I was 15 years old. Ever since I got fat I tried dieting. The diets that I tried are Nutrisystem, cutting calories, keto, and the 800 calories hcg diet which had me lose and regain 100 lbs. My highest weight has been 509.5 lbs. I have been on a fat loss journey several times always regaining. I started my fat loss journey again in April of 2020 at 491.8 lbs and got down to 400 lbs cause i was on keto then I decided that I wanted to just do a calorie deficit diet and eat carbs again so I stopped doing keto and just ate in a calorie deficit and that got me to 380 lbs my lowest but then I started slacking off and regained fat back pushing mh weight back up to 409.4 lbs as of today Sunday from this week. My ultimate health and fitness goals are to have a healthy and fit 200 lb strong muscular body with less than 30% bodyfat percentage and to be at least lightly active working out hard 3 days a week and walking at least 10k in steps everyday and to be sleeping 7 to 9 hours a day straight and to have a healthy blood sugar and cholesterol level and to have a healthy self controlled, loving, fun, flexible and disciplined relationship with nutritious and less nutritious foods and drinks. Currently I have problems with consistency, discipline, emotional and boredom eating, procrastination and self control.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,037 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep working at it, seeking for those improved habits you can sustain, I believe you can do this. The quality of life rewards will be great, IME, from being more fit and at a healthy weight. Some of those rewards come along the way, it doesn't take being all the way at goal to start feeling some.

Keep going. Wishing you excellent outcomes!
  • SparklesCarmen1982
    SparklesCarmen1982 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the self control and procrastination 🙈. There's always room for that extra bowl of pasta and there's always tomorrow to exercise. I'm not a great role model when it comes to sticking to what I set out to do. I think the most important thing is to set small, sometimes tiny goals. Celebrate your successes no matter how small 🤗
  • mybentley7
    mybentley7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just about every diet under the sun will help you lose weight. The problem is, is it sustainable and something you can live with for the rest of your life? Sounds like you have tried them all, just like I have. But diet is just one part of the solution to weight control. I think that emotional support is an aspect that is sometimes overlooked when it comes to weight loss. That's why websites like this become quite valuable in getting that support. Hope you do well, and keep on keeping on!