"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    Monday

Cardio:
    Outdoor lawn maintenance (weeding, mowing) - One hour (300 calories)

Strength: Legs Day

Squat 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    Leg Press 5x5
    Seated Calf Raises 3x10

Analysis: Been meaning to do lawn work for a couple weeks now, finally ran out of excuses when I had the day off due to working Saturday. Only got the front done; still plenty of weeds to pull in the rock beds along the sides of the house. (The dogs have completely destroyed the back lawn, no need to mow a dirt plot.)

Food: Homemade pizza. Father's Day Sunday was firing up the grill for burgers, brats, and ice cream sundaes after. Lots of food, went to bed feeling stuffed, but must have fueled my workout because I increased the weight on all but one exercise. (Actually went DOWN in weight on the step-ups, as when I used to do them they'd follow deadlifts, where today they followed squats. Give me a few weeks doing this, I'll get the weight back up again.)

Tuesday

Strength:
    Pull Day

Cable pulldown 2x10
    Cable chin-down 2x10
    Machine high row 5x5
    Machine low row 5x5
    T-Bar row 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Analysis: Only way I got this done within my desired 45-50 minute window was to cut down on the rest time between sets. Still got it done, which tells me that either I'm lifting too light, or was routinely taking too much rest.

Food: Lasagna with garlic bread and side salad (no dressing)

Life: Nice consistency, @ninerbuff. I've been here since September 2009, so going on 13 years, but due to annual camping trips to areas without internet/cell service, my consecutive-days streak keeps getting reset. I used to update it upon returning home each year, but it just got to be too much of a hassle, so haven't bothered in a few years. My next camping trip starts this coming weekend, so will be back to zero here soon enough.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Strength: did my dumbbells. Yay!

Annie
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and some new clients. So hot yesterday and the same today. Great time to be training indoors.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables. I was well in control of calories and my workout was bomb yesterday.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Walking 2 miles (parking lot construction, had to park a mile away from office)

Strength: Push Day

Cable Forearm Twist In/Out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,3
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x5
    Lying EZ-Bar Skull-crusher 3x10

Analysis: Was reminded today on the power of having an enthusiastic spotter. I always make sure to have a spotter on my last set on bench presses, especially the day I'm increasing the weight each set, but usually the spotter is very quiet, watches me get my desired reps, nods and leaves. Not today; the guy I asked for a spot must have been a cheerleader in a former life, as he was talking, cajoling, cheering the entire set. My goal was to get 2 or 3 reps; with him egging me on, I squeaked out four (though the final rep he did have to help me move through my sticking point halfway up before letting me finish).

Food: Lunch - Deli meat with soup, Dinner - baked chicken with buttered noodles

Life: Recent dinners haven't left any leftovers for work, so today had to scrounge in the fridge really quick before jetting to the gym.

• Anniesquats100
    Cardio: 15 mins fast marching

Strength: 60 mins yoga

Assessment: I did something to my ankle. It's not bad but it's going to keep me from increasing the fast marching cardio time.

I had a lazy day. Slept through my exercise time then squeezed it in this afternoon. I don't get sick very often but I do have tired days like this.

Food: same as every routine day. Eggs, oatmeal and later chicken. I was a little dehydrated this morning so I guess I should fix that.

Annie
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Another heater today. And worries about fires are coming into play again.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Lamb for dinner. I wasn't that hungry last night and was into watching the ID network and "See no Evil" for a couple of episodes.

• Anniesquats100
    Strength: I did my dumbbells Yay! I also rode horseback for thirty minutes.

Assessment: I did okay but was distracted and a little slow.

Food: same eggs, yogurt, oatmeal and chicken. Weigh-in is tomorrow.

Annie

• Anniesquats100
    I lost half a pound last week which puts me back where I was two weeks ago. Eating food I bought for my cousin's visit set me back two weeks. So this week I really want to make some progress before the Fourth of July holiday. So I will be careful eating. No extras.

Missed my yoga this morning, but there are still many hours left in the day. I will get it done.

Annie
  • Anniesquats100

Strength: 60 mins yoga Yay!

I got it done! Yay!
  • ninerbuff
    I lost half a pound last week which puts me back where I was two weeks ago. Eating food I bought for my cousin's visit set me back two weeks. So this week I really want to make some progress before the Fourth of July holiday. So I will be careful eating. No extras.

Missed my yoga this morning, but there are still many hours left in the day. I will get it done.

Annie
    Excellent!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. First clients at 7am this morning. I won't be done till 7:30pm tonight.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Late posting today because I had to leave too early. At McDonald's last night because daughter wanted a Big Mac. But I was a pound down this morning.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Full Body Friday

Deadlifts 5x5
    Hack Squats 3x10
    DB Bench Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    DB Shoulder Triset (Front Raise, Lateral Raise, Rear Lateral Raise) 3x10
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10

Analysis: Good status, grumpy status. I was up late last night, so instead of waking at 5 to hit the gym and hit the road at 7, I instead slept in til 7 and just hit the road. But since my vacation starts tomorrow, my boss was cool with my taking off a couple hours early, so I was able to hit the gym after work instead. Didn't know how much the difference in time of day would impact my strength levels, but apparently not too much, as I churned through the entire workout. Would've been done sooner, except when I got there all four squat/deadlift racks were busy: one squat, one deadlift, one Oly lift...and one doing BB curls using just the bar for about a dozen sets. *Grump, grump.*

Food: Lunch - baked chicken with buttered egg noodles, Dinner - brown sugar/cayenne pork chops with mashed potatoes

Life: Tomorrow I do final shopping/packing so I can hit the road Sunday to go camping, returning the following Saturday. No internet, no cell phone service, no cars, no technology. Just tents, fire-roasted food, tons of hiking, fresh air. Man, I can't wait!

Life Part 2: I've only been doing the Full-Body Friday for 3 weeks now, and not sure how much of the change is just in my head, but I've noticed some significant improvement in my chest development in the mirror now that I'm hitting each body part twice per week, even if the second time is only 3 sets at a relatively lighter weight. May be simple swelling as the muscle adapts to being hit more frequently; may be in my head. Either way, I like it!

Life Part 3: Avs lost again. Still lead the series 3-2, everything will be decided while I am camping, will find out the results in a week I guess.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then I'm going to San Jose Bodybuilding championships to support a friend then directly after prejudging I'm going to attend a family birthday party. Long day ahead.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Thai last night with a couple of friends. First time for them so they loved it.

• Anniesquats100
    @ninerbuff great job losing a pound!

I will be doing my dumbbells here in a bit.

Annie
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then I'm going to another family party today.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Bento box with terriyaki chicken last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Long weekend and so glad to get back to upper body workouts.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Also pizza for lunch due to attending a kid's party. Ah the rigors of hanging out with family.

• Anniesquats100

Strength: 53 min yoga

Assessment: I felt my knee complain a few times. Still working on lunges.

Food: I had a little extra yesterday. But I'm back on track today.

• ninerbuff
    edited June 2022
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Temperature steadily going up here so more work indoors to relieve myself from heat.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables yesterday. I've been working till at least 7:30pm every night and coming home and making dinner as soon as I get home. May have to precook before I leave so that family can eat earlier before I get home. Sigh.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule. My long day for work and every slot is filled. Not to mention I need to clean up the house a bit because my BIL and SIL are coming to stay with us this week.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak burrito. I wanted something where I didn't have to cook much.
  • Anniesquats100

Strength: 53 mins yoga

Assessment: I missed dumbbells yesterday. I was moody and ate chocolate instead. Feeling slightly better today. But I will be on edge until my mother's doctor appointment next Tuesday. It's okay to feel moody, but that's when I really need to exercise and eat right.

Food: same eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, chicken plus some semisweet dark chocolate.