WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrazy I know long-distance hugs from someone you only know online aren't ideal, but I'm sending some anyhow. You are taking some important steps, though - both the Scale Back program with a coach (they better be good, or I'm going to have to give them a stern talking to!), and asking your doc for some help with the long funk. The meds can just help get you to a place where you aren't stopped by the funk but can deal with it and get yourself to a place where you don't need the meds anymore. If that road looks like the right one, giving it a try might help. But hugs in the meantime!!

@DD265 You! Stopping a binge is a monumental move, and you did it. :star: You're taking the time to learn from it and moving on. Fantastic! That is some hard stuff to do right there. Not to mention the huge renovations you have been keeping going - you are certainly right to take some time in the allotment no matter what. Calming activities to balance the aggravating ones - ahhhhhh.

@ashleycarole86 I'm picturing you on the treadmill, the bike, the streets of LV - go go go! :heart: Although, I think you are taking all the steps that I am not this week! I'm seriously slacking. Got to get out on the feet more today.

Happy Tuesday!
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 171 Member
    PW; 238.8
    CW: 238.6
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 171 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Taking meds isn't a bad thing. Starting them doesn't mean you'll be on them for life. If they can help now, go for it.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 260.1
    CW: 258.6

Not the number I was hoping for, but a loss is a loss. I have an interview this morning in about 40 minutes. Always get a bit jittery for the hour leading up, but I'll do my best and it will go how it goes!

Temps are climbing back up around Boston and looks like mostly 80s for the weekend - which I do not enjoy. I just want breezy days and highs of 71!

I almost purchased a new bathing suit last night, thinking about spending july 4th with my friend and her family and how body conscious I will be, but before I hit "complete payment", I tried on one of my one-pieces from last year and miraculously, it pretty much fits. (It's an off-the-shoulder thing so I think less tightness/pressure from a torso/stomach perspective). That was a relief and a savings of $40.

Happy Summer Solstice, team! I celebrated by taking my hill walk this morning and doing a sunrise yoga routine.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    DD265 wrote: »
    After things didn't go to plan (the theme for my June!) I binged last night. Not as bad as it could've been, and I was aware I was doing it so managed not to go through the full binge cycle. I need to dig deeper into what actually triggered me; I know it was because we didn't finish, but what about that led me to binge etc.

Such insightful thinking around the binge and sounds like you'll be giving it even more thought. Fingers crossed for getting down to the allotment today!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 260.1
    CW: 258.6

Way to go Kay, and happy Summer Solstice to you. Hope the interview went well!

• ashleycarole86
    Morning all! Brad had a 1.5 hour course to call in for this morning for work that he couldn't miss, so I popped out to the Dunkin' Donuts (a novelty for this Canadian ;)) for coffees and breakfast to bring back to the room. I like that calorie counts are more readily available in the U.S. - was able to pick something tasty that was calorie conscious as well. As soon as my coffee is done, I'll pop down for my workout and shortly after we'll be ready for the day! I need to hit the pool too but we've been fairly go go go and I haven't found my opportunity yet.

Today is our friend's 25th wedding anniversary - the reason for the trip! They are doing a vow renewal at an Elvis chapel this afternoon - a limo will come to take us away for that. Happy to be able to celebrate their love.

Today is the hottest day I think I'll see this trip - 38C which I just looked up as 100F. It's much hotter than anything I'm used to but it being dry heat helps it stay manageable. No sunburns yet.. woo hoo!

One other small thought. I've been wearing dresses and shorts! This doesn't sound like a big thing but I haven't ever really been comfortable wearing those types of things. The fact I wore a dress and wasn't self conscious the whole time felt nice. I never felt like my body worked well in them before but it hasn't been a concern this trip.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    @ashleycarole86 it actually does sound like a HUGE thing! love that you are feeling good in your clothes!

@MoonlitMuse you can't catch a break this month for sure! Hang in there. July will be better.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Thanks @jugar @ashleycarole86 when you put it like that, I can recognise that stopping the binge cycle is quite an achievement! :smile:

@MoonlitMuse I hope things improve soon.

@Kali225 I hope your interview went well - fingers crossed!

@Gidgitgoescrazy if you had a broken leg you'd take painkillers/put it in a cast, and if the meds will help you then they're worth it. I've taken antidepressants before so I may be biased, but there's no shame in it. You may be surprised how quickly they help and how soon you can come off them.

@ashleycarole86 your trip sounds awesome and the confidence is even better!

We're still having issues with the wardrobes, but OH is going to look at them tomorrow as he's on rest days now. We went down to the allotment and my brassicas - broccoli and cauliflower - are in the ground so I feel better. Hopefully they'll succeed; the broccoli have been in the garden for weeks and look a bit eaten, and the cauliflower was reduced at the garden center.

hrdde40d3t48.png

u6z7v1egv5hz.png

We're at the cinema tomorrow - finally getting to see Jurassic World - and will be having McDonalds for tea I think, so I'm planning a reasonable lunch. I will confess I didn't even attempt to track my calories for today (it's hungry-Tuesday!), but will put my meals in for tomorrow now.
  • jugar
    Happy Tuesday everyone! @jugar - do you think I can move my weigh-in days to Tuesdays? That's when I have my real appeal meetings so I have to weigh in for that as well.
    No problem. Tuesdays it is.
    Overall June has literally been the WORST month I've experienced in a long time. It's just been one thing after another. If anybody knows that jerk Murphy, please slap him for me.
    Consider him slapped, kicked down the stairs, royally yelled at, and forced to split wood every day for the foreseeable future. But also remember you ARE good -
    td5grvaeywpq.png
  • jugar
    Welcome back @jan110144 ! I remember you and your horse Annie, and I am glad you are still riding. I am also still riding, but waiting for my new horse Jasper to arrive here either in the fall or next spring. He is just 3 and my daughter is giving him his basic training - but I have had a chance to visit him and ride him a bit. Can't wait for him to arrive here!

Living alone through covid must have been a huge challenge. A standard poodle puppy is a great way to keep your spirits up, and I hope being back here on the team will add to the incentives to keep your health on a good trajectory. Tally ho!
  • jugar
    Wednesday people - send me your lovely numbers :smiley:

@AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    That's a good point too @DD265
    Enjoy Jurassic World!! Hope you have a great day out

Welcome @jan110144 .. looking forward to getting to know you.
This discussion has been closed.