What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    No walk outside today since it was over 85F at 9am! Yuck. I'm still quite sore today, so I jumped on the elliptical to get the blood moving and keep up the habit. It took the first full mile to "work the rust out". I just kept a very slow pace. Once I felt less stiff, I could comfortably increase my pace for the next 2 miles, but I felt quite tired once I hit the 3 mile mark. Overall, I spent an hour on the machine and covered 3.2 miles. About 20 minutes of that was in HR Zone 3, the rest was mostly Zone 2. I finished out the day with some crunches. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    At least 22.8 miles biking, though Garmin only caught 20.3 of it (I forgot to un-pause after my midway snack break). The part it captured, moving average 10.7mph. Still mid-80s F here, so staying mostly Z2, only about 8.5' up in Z3.

At learn to row class, I carried a few boats as usual, then after we got the class launched in singles, I put my single in and rowed a brief, relaxed 2388m (with a couple of stops to help class members with questions), returning to the dock first so I could help with dockmastering the class members' landings and boat/oar carrying.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Gym day with trainer yesterday. The usual stuff. Heading off to a vacation week at the beach, so I'll get a lot of flat miles in on the bike, as well as some open water swimming in the bay.

Have a great holiday 🏖
  • AnnPT77
    8169m rowing bow in the double: We did a small extra partial loop because we were far ahead of the single that was out with us. We decided to keep rowing until she was ready to land, rather than land early ourselves and wait for her on the shore. (She needed our help to carry her boat.) And that was all for today.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    Full Day Friday

Deadlifts, hack squats, DB presses, DB rows, DB front/side/rear lateral lifts, DB curls, DB extends

Next week I'll be camping the entire week. No gym time, doubt I'll do any calisthenics either, but I do expect to get in a TON of hiking, figure at least 12-15 miles per day minimum, with at least one day over 20 miles.

Enjoy your camping ⛺️ 🙂
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I went caving. We did Pwll Dwnr. It is a cave needing SRT - rope technique. There are 5 pitches, totalling 93 metres. It was hard work, taking 3 of us 4.5 hours. The cave is at the top of a large hill or small mountain, so getting there was work.

I got stuck at a rebelay for a bit. It took me 5 minutes to sortbout (I did a pistol squat off some nondescript wall, not a hold. This released enough tension that I could sort myself out.)

That was the only faff. Fitbit reckons my heart rate averaged 135 for all the 4.5 hours
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    One hour elliptical, 3.3 miles, hr zone 2/3 border the whole time. And some crunches. :)
  • AnnPT77
    Doing 250m sprint race timing for the learn-to-row class "graduation" and BBQ/potluck doesn't count as exercise, does it? Oh, well. Someone(s) there had active fun, and I had regular not-very-active fun helping them.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    I intended to train yesterday but we went fishing for plastic on a boat in Amsterdam, which was great fun but sad that it was necessary. We got a full trash bag full and two glass bottles. It involved some pushing off the walls when the steering was slightly off and I learnt not to be scared on a boat and how to balance but aside from a little bit of walking it wasn't much of a workout.

Today I did myback routine at the gym. It's getting easier, which means my back is slowly getting better and my core is getting a little stronger (yay!). I did rest quite a bit between sets but it was less than previous times ánd it gave me the opportunity to stare at one of our coaches and one of the better athletes do a hang clean routine, going from hang power cleans to hang squat cleans. It's so cool. They got quite high weights and are both at similar levels of strength and fitness and possibly age too. Cool to know that could be me in 5-7 years. Before my strained back I was making very quick progress but I think this has been good for teaching me to slow down and listen to my body. At least a little bit.

Tomorrow a few people from our gym have a friendly lifting competition on the other side of the country so we're leaving at 6.30am to get there in time for the weigh-ins. It's only an hour and a half drive, since we're crossing the country west to east and it's a small country so it's gonna be a day trip. No exercise for me but it should be fun.