Replies

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. FushiaKat
    Weigh in day. Tuesday
    PW. 154.3
    CW. 153.7

I'm sick with a Migraine today. I ordered a new all cotton nightgown in a large, I swear it was a 5X. I returned it and bought a small which fit perfectly. I ordered a new medium blouse to wear tomorrow at the doctor's, it fit perfectly too. I've lost 91.3 pounds. 18.7 pounds to go, about 38 more weeks at 1/2 lb. per week. Haha, I lost 70 lbs. in a year but it will take almost 10 months to lose the last 19 pounds. I WILL get there.

My husband bought me Parmesan Cheese from Italy 24 month and 36 months, I mixed them together, OMG it's so good!! I eat fruit and popcorn every night for dessert. I added watermelon to my fruit salad, it's so sweet. I buy the personal size which lasts me about 3 - 4 days.

The fourth of July is just around the corner. I hope our wild poppies bloom soon.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71 So far having my sister here is going really well. I was able to go to work today and know that she was here to keep an eye on Joe and he later told me that they had a nice talk and he was happy she moved in. I’m very relieved about that! :) I hope your brother was able to make it for Father’s Day at your parent’s home and wasn’t in too much discomfort.

@Cornanda thank you for your kind words! <3 I hope that you love your new job and that you work with amazing people. It’s tough to stay on track with different eating events and things going on, but you will manage. And you will be kind to yourself. Right? ;)

@trooworld Glad your knee is doing better and that you can get back to working out. I haven’t worked out in well over a week and I am missing it! Hopefully next week, I will get back into my routine. I hope the migraine was short-lived and you are feeling better now. Happy Summer!! :)

@laurelfit57 sounds like we have been doing a lot of the same things. Sitting and visiting and eating. :grin: I know, I will be like you and be happy to get back to my healthy eating and exercise. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Dang that TOM!! I went through the change at 50 and I’m not going to lie…it’s been great!! :grin: Nothing like a trip to the local farm stand to put you back into your healthy eating attitude. I’m proud of you that you didn’t start the self-hate talk. That would have only set you back more. Keep fighting and keep being good to yourself. You will be a beautiful Mother-of-the-Groom and celebrate your son’s happiness all while rocking that pantsuit! <3

Hi Team! It’s 9:30 and I just got Joe to bed and thought I would sit down and check-in. My sister is settled into her new room and other than missing her grandkids, who she has lived with, she seems happy and has already been a big help. I was able to leave Joe today with much more confidence because she was here to keep an eye on him. Of course, it helps that he is feeling better now that he got the right antibiotic in his system. His oldest son will be there Thursday morning and stay through Saturday. So, no hospitals this time, please!! My diet has literally been thrown out the window along with any kind of exercise. But it’s OK. I plan to get through this weekend and come next Monday, I will be back on track! I am NOT buying bigger jeans!! :#:|:p
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @GabiV125 good for you for finding new rewards!

@katmary71 I think you are so right about getting back on track much more quickly than we used to! I know I used to think, well I have already blown this week so I may as well just keep on eating whatever I want, I will get back on track next week. Sounds like you had the perfect day on Sunday! I hope the stitches removal went well today.

@trooworld sometimes those weekends are a lot of fun, but not the best for our WLJ for sure! Good for you for tracking, I gave up on trying to guess what was in the foods that my cousins prepared. They cooked like they were back in the 50s still, lots of heavy sauces and salt! Sorry you had another migraine, I hope this is not a trend❤️.

@DanielleHeitzenrater One of my grand puppies is a basset hound and has the saddest eyes ever, I just always want to hug him and give him treats to make him feel better🤣🤣🤣.

@Vegan4lyfe2012 good for you for taking control! There is nothing like having a fridge full of fresh fruits and veggies to get you off on the right foot!

@Fushiakat wow! 91.3 pounds!! That’s awesome, you have less than 20 pounds to go I think you should be doing the happy dance 💃 !!

@TeresaW1020 I am so glad that your sister is settled in and that she is a big help! I know that has got to be a relief not having Joe by himself anymore. Isn’t it funny how our clothes are so motivational? Just over a year ago I started gaining and I thought exactly the same thing, I was not going to buy bigger jeans! I ended up getting super motivated and losing just about 30 pounds this past year, I’m OK with buying smaller jeans, just not bigger ones🤣🤣🤣. I know you are going to feel amazing on Monday when you can get back in the saddle again❤️.

On Sunday I got such a big shock when I weighed myself, it was a big motivator to get on the ball yesterday. I took a 6 AM spin class, just so I could get some exercise in before my company got moving yesterday morning. I was really strict about my food and after coming back from the airport, catching up here and posting, I thought I was going to drop I was so tired🤣. Today was much better, I took a 9 o’clock class which was awesome LOL I was able to get Vannie out for a couple of good walks and we also went over for an agility class. I had my cousin over for supper tonight, she is vegetarian so I just made up a couple of lovely salads:-). It feels good to be back in control again.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @trooworld I hope the migraine eases up, take care of yourself. Way to go on the summer challenge, I didn't realize it was over, that's awesome!

@GabiV125 Oh I was thinking candy, LOL! They sound like fun!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 I love that you avoided beating yourself up and used the energy toward getting back on track, your farm stand visit sounds amazing!

@FushiaKat Oh no, sorry to hear about the migraine! Wonder if it's the heat doing this to our gang right now? Check you out with small and mediums, wtg, I'm so happy for you! I bet that cheese is amazing!

@TeresaW1020 So glad Joe and your sister are getting along well, that's wonderful! It must be a huge relief to know Joe isn't home alone.

Hi everyone, I'm feeling a lot better with most of the stitches gone and I'm healing well so all good news on that front. It's going to be in the 100s the next 5 days or so which means a lot of watering here and at the food bank farm. I'm doing a belly dancing “challenge” with some friends which is just a video or two I pick out the night before, today was fun but hard as it was belly rolls and hip shimmies so I was pretty worn out. I'm not sleeping the best, not sure why but it's been going on for awhile, when I wake up real early my pain is a lot worse. Have a great Wednesday gang!
  • tupsundus
    tupsundus Posts: 14 Member
    Weigh in Day:Tuesday
    PW: 175 (79.4 kg)
    CW: 174.4 (79.1 kg)

Sorry, I am a bit late with my post, but for a good reason: I spent a long weekend travelling with my family and enjoying a little break from work :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @DanielleHeitzenrater Wow, what fantastic progress! You should be really happy with that indeed! Those are HUGE changes. Thank you, my migraine is gone today. <3 There will be more challenges for sure! That's great you got to see your dad. And an amusement park is an excellent way to get your steps in and see your hubby at the same time!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Middle age, darnit! I've never seen purple asparagus, that's neat. Way to set yourself up for success!!!

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! Sorry about the migraine, I just had one yesterday so an empathize. You are doing fantastic, and YES you will get there! Ooh I'm jealous of that aged parm!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! I hope you can do a workout soon, it would be great stress relief for you. I am feeling better today! That's great you were able to leave Joe to do what you had to do. I'm glad your sister being there is helping. Hopefully having your sister there will relieve some of the pressure and you can get back to taking care of you, too.

@laurelfit57 Yes! Oh gosh, that sounds hard to track. Thanks, the migraine is gone now. I think it was caused by the heatwave we are having. Sounds like you are back on track. I love salads in the summer!

@Katmary71 Thanks, it is gone now! That's great that you are healing properly and you got your stitches out. The belly dancing sounds like great exercise. I'm sorry about the pain.

@tupsundus Congrats on the loss and yay for the long weekend plans!

Hi all. I left work early yesterday due to the migraine and came home and took migraine medicine and took a long nap. When I woke up, the migraine was gone so later in the day, I did a workout. Today, after work, I am meeting one of my best friends to help her dog cross over to the rainbow bridge. She's (understandably) devastated and I want to be there for her.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,914 Member
    Hi MS... You have a new member joining your amazing team .. Please welcome @teshea69 :)
  • laurelfit57
    @katmary71 glad you are feeling better with the stitches removed and the healing is going well. Sorry about the sleep, it makes it tough on every aspect of life. I hope that straightens around really quickly!

@trooworld I don’t know what it is about summer and salads, but they definitely go together! I’m so glad you got rid of your migraine and were able to work out, bonus! That is so wonderful of you to be there for your friend at such a hard time❤️

Able to stay on track with my food today. I started shopping for a dress to wear to my son’s wedding in August, no luck! I think a big problem was that I am super stiff from my workout yesterday. I increased my weights in the barbell class yesterday, not knowing our instructor was also going to make it a more challenging class🤣. It’s all good, but my thighs and shoulders are screaming today😜. I am now going to soak in some Epson salts and then stretch out
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld So happy the migraine is gone! Good luck with your friend and her dog, that will be sad but it's very kind of you to be there with her.

@teshea69 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@Laurelfit57 Oh no, I hope the soreness calms down with Epsom salts! Definitely not fun to try on clothes when you don't feel good.

Wow not many posts today, I'm only on a little earlier than normal, hope everyone is doing well! Same old stuff here, there's camp at the farm this week so I get to see excited kiddos when I go to water the next few days which is fun but I have to park far which isn't too fun, I may try going an hour later tomorrow. Feeling a little off I guess because of sleep so I'm going to go lay in bed and read for a bit. Have a great Thursday gang!
  • trooworld
    @laurelfit57 Yes, definitely! We had a balsamic chicken cobb salad for dinner last night ourselves! Yay for staying on track. And woo hoo for increasing your weights and surviving lol!

@Katmary71 I'm glad it's gone, too. I hate when I get migraines. I'm sorry you have to park far away, that's a bummer. I hope you feel more like yourself soon. <3

Hi all. Well, I didn't end up going with my friend because she texted me and said she had two other friends coming and I didn't have to come if I didn't want to make the hour drive after working all day. I decided to take her up on that since she had enough support and I am going to take her to lunch on Saturday instead. Eating was good, but I didn't exercise, it was a rest day. I drank enough water, too, so it was all good.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 137.5
    CW: 138.5
    I’ve been walking more this last week and I love it. My dog is even happier then before and definitely sleeps more - so I’m patiently waiting for my turn to these after exercise effects😁.
    @TeresaW1020 - I’m impressed and humbled by your strength and powerful attitude- hugs to you and your family.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,914 Member
    Good Morning MS... You have another new member joining your team .. Please welcome @x_Lian_x :smile:
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    @trooworld – Here’s a picture of the asparagus I buy from my local farmer.
    mjcz749336xw.jpg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    I did a fantastic job yesterday. Stuck with my food plan and was ending the evening with 0 “Bites” left (Healthi app uses “bites” instead of “points” like WW does). Then Hunter comes home with fettucine, chik’n, soy milk and cream cheese…starts batting her eyes and asks me to make my fettucine alfredo. I figure, why not? It’s vegan so no heavy cream or butter or flour, so how bad could it be? Figured I’d just use my Weekly Bites to cover it. And can I just say it was delicious as usual and I’m glad I let her sucker me in to it :smile: I thoroughly enjoyed it and have zero guilt because I’m still within my Bites. For you newer Slimmies, this is a huge NSV for me. Typically, if I were just counting calories and had no wiggle room, I would beat myself up and say horrible, hateful things to me for indulging like this and then I’d spiral out of control for a week. Those extra Weekly Bites are really making all the difference. We’ll see if the scale agrees on Sunday!
    NO ZERO DAYS!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Greetings All!
    Hope all is well with you all. It's been a minute since have done a lengthy post. Your girl is busy. We went on vacation to Texas last week and had a ball. We went with 33 other family members and what a time we had. We saw lots of interesting places and ate lots of good food. It was all good! :p

Had a pretty good day today. I'm working with a trainer at the gym and am working on the second round of a program she has me on. It feels pretty good to be working towards something. I am making an intentional effort to let that extra sugar and salt go. I can do it so I've got to continue to tell myself that. I'm trying to go for savory rather than sweet when tempted. Hubby and I went for a walk in the neighborhood tonight. The sun was down but I sweated like the shower was on. I think next time we'll ride the bikes. At least that will create a breeze from time to time.

I cooked chicken, green beans, and corn for dinner. We also had tomato sandwiches for lunch. We are trying to stay out of those fast food places. I am encouraged! Let's go get it! B)
  • laurelfit57
    edited June 2022
    @katmary71 I hope you got a good nights sleep last night! Was the camp fun? Hope you didn’t have to walk too far.

@trooworld your Cobb salad sounds delicious, any chance you might share the recipe? :-).
    That will be good for your friend to meet with her on Saturday, give her a little time and space and then being able to share with you I’m sure will be a great comfort. Wednesdays are usually my day of rest too :-).

@GabiV125 isn’t it nice that we have puppers to get us out for some exercise☺️.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I just bought some of that purple asparagus at the farmers market on Sunday! I am finding it delicious cut up in my salads :-). Good for you for sticking to the plan! So glad that you are able to make it work for you and feel good about it. That is some thing I figured out the hard way, we are all different and different things work for each one of us. You should be very proud of yourself!

@askewcr what like a super fun trip! Sounds like your Trainer has you making some pretty positive changes in your diet that you are really incorporating. I don’t know a couple of years ago I cut down on salt, at first it was hard, but now I can really tell when there is too much salt in food, I was really excessive with that!

I did my two classes at the gym today, I have to say it was really rough. I am still stiff from upping the weights on Tuesday. My thighs are definitely feeling it, as are my arms. By the end of spin class my thighs were screaming, then when I went into barbell class, I tried to maintain the same weight that I did on Tuesday, it wasn’t to be🤣. I did my best and I just know next Tuesday I will be back up there again. I did not get a very good sleep last night at all, at 5 AM I decided I may as well get up and take Vannie for a good long walk before I went to the gym as they were calling for rain for the rest of the day. When I got home from the gym at noon it was still decent outside, so I thought I may as well get Vannie out for another good walk. I put on over 17,000 steps today and MFP says I burned an additional 1012 calories (this is just tracked from my Fitbit). By 5 PM I was done, soaked in Epson salts, did a good stretch, made myself a quick supper and I haven’t moved from the couch since 6 o’clock🤣🤣🤣
  • Katmary71
    Hi gang, wanted to check in real quick, went to my brother's for dinner as my SIL and nephews were out of town and brought dinner and some beer and hung out with him. My Mom and her friends went to Washington to visit my aunt so my Dad was going out with the boys left behind and couldn't make it (I told him if they get arrested for being inappropriate at the strip club to call me but that would never happen, they're all around 80 and the women would be able to run away from them easily), funny how I live alone and no one worries about me eating well but I meet up with both of them for meals when they're alone! I'm joking of course. My brother's back is slowly getting better, I don't think he realizes how far he's coming but there's been times he didn't get off the couch the whole time so it's getting better. Did my workout and the belly dancing challenge then had PT which went well but I'm worn out. It's been around 100 or up all week so it's keeping me busy! I pinch my tomatoes back so the energy goes into plants and am finally getting my first tomatoes, green beans, and fava beans which is fun. The farm kids were a lot of fun this morning, they were by the seedlings when I watered and we had a fun talk for the few minutes I was there. I kind of wish I'd volunteered for camp now. OK everyone, have a wonderful Friday, time for the weekend!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:225.7
    CW:223.5
  • trooworld
    @GabiV125 Kudos to you for walking more!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wow, that looks like good asparagus! What is your favorite way to make it? That's great that you were able to enjoy the fettuccine guilt-free. I never understand when people don't use their weekly points/bites to enjoy life. That's what they are there for! Congrats on the NSV!

@askewcr I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. 33 family members, wow, that is some trip! :D Way to go on the exercise! Way to get it!

@laurelfit57 Absolutely! If you want to save some steps, you could use a store-bought balsamic vinaigrette: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/chicken-cobb-salad/ Yeah I figured she had enough support on Weds, why not give her support on the weekend when it may creep up on her? I'm also going for a walk (tentatively) with her on Sunday morning. Sounds like your body needs a rest. Wow, great step count!

@Katmary71 LOL about your dad! I'm glad you were able to meet up with your brother and his back is getting better. It's really hot here, too, I hate it. Have a wonderful Friday! And weekend!

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. It's really hot here and I hate working from home in it, I feel like I can't concentrate. And to make matters worse, tonight from 10:30pm-3:30am the electricity will be off for a planned outage so we won't be able to use the AC unit. I probably won't be able to sleep in the heat. :(

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,895 Member
    I know that it's been really hot in much of the US, but here in the northeast, the weather has been very comfortable. The only rain we've had in the past 2 weeks has been at night, which works out great for those of us who want to do things outdoors. My bicycle is getting plenty of use, and I'm way ahead on my Walk The Year goal (currently at 1071 miles).
This discussion has been closed.