Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    Or an angel incarnate, Alexandra
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    I'm really getting tired of chicken noodles and want to try eating a hamburger tomorrow. I may well be able to. I'm way less sore.
  • lauriekallis
    My last post up there was supposed to read...
    You are an angel incarnate, Alexandra.
    🙂
    I'm one of those people who tend to "do" their love rather than say it. I've learnt to say it, but I'm still way more comfortable with doing.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    Kind of lost it today because I’m tired. Insomnia. Rather than nap I tried to keep busy doing housework and laundry.

Anyway, tiredness resulted in grab and go eating anything and everything. I just could not get it together to plan, prepare and eat a decent afternoon meal. There were chips, cookies, coco puffs, granola bar .... I did eat yogurt, fruit and an egg at breakfast so at least that meal was okay.

Hoping for some rest sleep and a better day tomorrow.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    yup. Sleep does me in. But do I learn? Of course I don't!!!!!
    Don't feel bad. TOM is hovering around so I nuked and ate an extra chicken patty because I was ravenous for protein. I feel better now, but I didn't really need to eat an extra meal today. (sigh)

But tomorrow is another day.
  • Yoolypr
    Did okay today -except for the ice cream which was in deficit allotment. There was a large salad earlier and a low fat crustless quiche later.
    Tomorrow hubby is making posole with chicken. I’ll have to weigh that out cause it’s chickpeas too. I’m guessing it will be a small bowl for me.
  • PAV8888
    Chickpeas are expensive (so if corn) when it comes to calories--as far as I'm concerned. Healthy choice frozen yogurt (strawberry vanilla and blueberry vanilla at 100Cal each).... I think they're a good deal!!!😹
  • Yoolypr
    Oops - posole is made with hominy not chickpeas (garbanzos). Hominy is 120 calories per cup. I still have to do mucho math to figure out cals for the final product.
  • lauriekallis
    I kind like hominy - not always easy to find around here. I don't mind the calorie count - it leaves me feeling pretty satisified (and entertained since it is novel in this area).

Tonight's supper is ... I think ... one of those "forbidden" veggie sausages and maybe some little potatoes and salad.
  • Yoolypr
    Well, hominy and shredded chicken - meh - it just says winter meal to me. There was a salad to save the meal. But hubby made it and enjoyed it so there’s that. 😋
    I think it will be cereal (Rice Krispies) and yogurt tonight.
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2022
    Hey Google, what the *kittens* is a "hominy"?
    NOT KHOMEINI Google, HOMINY.
    NOT.....
    UGH, GOOGLE, I HATE YOU!

You know Laurie: I've never asked. What is the name, rank, and serial number of these forbidden veggie sausages you clearly do NOT enjoy?
  • Yoolypr
    Hominy (Spanish: maíz molido; literally meaning "milled corn") is a food produced from dried maize (corn) kernels that have been treated with an alkali, in a process called nixtamalization (nextamalli is the Nahuatl word for "hominy").

jaxorbe84g0i.jpeg
    r86s4welp7t2.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    oh beautiful hominy ... mmmmm <3

Yves mediterranean harissa sausage <3

They would go so well together!
    q7vgr94a3ond.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    Fish tacos today. I’m using the low carb tortillas (50 cal) and cooked shrimp. Hubby and some using breaded air fried fish. Some vinegar based coleslaw. Might be some lettuce and tomatoes on the side too.
    Tonight they are having beef and bean enchiladas. I'll get the enchiladas in the oven about three and they'll be ready around five. I have no idea what I will have but I am dealing with a lot of exhaustion (TOM) and I can work it out when I get to that point. If need be I have chicken noodles I can thaw out.
  • PAV8888
    Laurie the sausages go great with tri-colour or cauli rice or a nice tomato based sauce for zoodles or beet-els :wink: the Corn stuff has more calories :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    edited June 2022
    The hominy is too hard to find around here to be any kind of real option...my go to with those little sausage babies is jewel potatoes and saurkraut :)
  • Yoolypr
    Dinner at friends yesterday. Managed to work around the dinner without too much damage.
    Today we’re having a cold tuna and cannelini bean salad. It’s usually made with tuna in oil but I’ve used water packed tuna.
    Cold food for another very hot day! But it’s supposed to actually rain tomorrow and low 90s all week. Woohoo 🥳!