Chocolate snack

I’m 1 week into my weight loss journey and I’m tracking well. What are some good chocolate snacks that I can have daily? I like the mini kind bars but is there anything else people like?

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I’m a huge fan of melting a couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate and dipping fruit into it. Strawberries are my fave, but raspberries, blueberries, apple and most other fruits work too. It feels luxurious and I love it.
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 95 Member
    A half ounce of 85% dark chocolate is low in sugar and carbs, VERY chocolatey, and bitter enough that I don't crave more. I also like it melted in oatmeal.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    I really enjoy the Built Puffs or Built Bars.

I also really enjoy Smashmallows. The vanilla bean flavored marshmallows with a dark chocolate dip are great and are nice for a small sweet treat!
  • claireychn074
    ehju0901 wrote: »

I also really enjoy Smashmallows. The vanilla bean flavored marshmallows with a dark chocolate dip are great and are nice for a small sweet treat!
    This is reminiscent of another thread but - I’m in the UK and I haven’t got a clue what any of those are! 🤣
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    ehju0901 wrote: »

This is reminiscent of another thread but - I’m in the UK and I haven’t got a clue what any of those are! 🤣

Well...yeah...what are twiglets, huh?!?! 😁

They were a reoccurring joke on the british Whose Line Is It Anyway? and had no idea for the longest time.

Built Bars and Built Puffs are protein bars which are soft/chewy in the middle.

And, mmmmmmmmm, chocolate. 😁

I have lots of chocolate go-tos. Mini candy bars, chocolate chips, hershey's kisses.

Ok, maybe just mostly variations of the mini candy bars. Snickers, milky way, twix, crunch, everything in the hershey's miniature variety bag, three musketeers, sees candy when clients send it to us.

I also use chocolate protein powder in my cottage cheese/greek yogurt concoction but that's considered more as dinner to me.
  • claireychn074
    Yeah, twiglets are basically bits of wood flavoured with marmite. Totally disgusting and yet, strangely addictive 🤣
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Yeah, twiglets are basically bits of wood flavoured with marmite. Totally disgusting and yet, strangely addictive 🤣

I'm more of a jammy dodger girl (know that cuz of Doctor Who. And, instead of water, I'm made up mostly of cookies. :)
  • claireychn074
    glassyo wrote: »

I'm more of a jammy dodger girl (know that cuz of Doctor Who. And, instead of water, I'm made up mostly of cookies. :)

Oh Jammy Dodgers are just absolutely the best! But you have to have the original ones. The pseudo ones with cream in them are just not good. You need a good sticky jam so that the biscuit crumbles everywhere as you try to eat it 😀 And guess what I’m going to have to buy tomorrow!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    Fiber one brownies and cookies are good. I like the milanos -130 for one serving, 3 cookies I think.
  • happygirl4582
    happygirl4582 Posts: 3 Member
    I like the fiber one brownies and cookies, plus I eat chocolate rice crisps. With the rice crisps I not only get my chocolate fix but itd crispy like chips so it satisfies both cravings.
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Unsweet cocoa in oats. Look up “diet soda brownies” or “ridiculous brownies”
  • EmmaIsAVegan
    EmmaIsAVegan Posts: 11 Member
    I try and manage with low cal hot choc
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Ghirardelli 86% squares—60 calories each, and they’re individually wrapped
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    Agree with everyone recommending the Fiber One brownies. The lemon flavor is also really good. Those are all 70 calories each. I also recommend the Russell Stover sugar-free chocolates. They have tons of varieties and they taste just as good (to me at least) as the sugary options and are only 50 or 60 calories each. Also the Enlightened 90-calorie ice cream bars are great (although obviously not an on-the-go option), especially the brownies and cookie dough flavor.

I know some people have digestive discomfort with sugar alcohols though, so be aware of that. I've never had any kind of issue with it personally.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I like chocolate mousse because the airiness gives it a larger appearance than it is. Not sure where you are but across various countries I preferred the mousse from Lidl or Aldi as they tend to be a bit less sweet. Another nice thing is something like Dutch vanilla vla or semolina porridge (cold) with brownie crumbled over it. My usual servings come in at around 100-140kcal.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    16 peanut butter m&ms is 150 calories. That's working for me right now. Trying some sort of fake, healthy chocolate replacement (protein shakes, etc) does not hit the chocolate satisfaction button for me. So, I budget a few calories for the real thing.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    yasso fudge brownie frozen yogurt bars 100 cals
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    I just pick a good chocolate bar or snack and make it fit into my calories. If I want a hersheys bar I have one, down 35 pounds so far
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Dove Mini Ice cream bars. Satisfies my chocolate AND ice cream cravings. Yum!