Milky coffee

Help cannot give up the milky coffee, any ideas on how I can do this,

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    What's wrong with milk?
  • susanalsaword
    susanalsaword Posts: 14 Member
    I cannot loss weight because I have 2 milky coffees a day, with 1 sugar and 3 sweeteners and milk in a mug size cup
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,107 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have to disagree. Your milky coffees are not why you cannot lose weight. To lose weight, you just need to be in a calorie deficit, and that is still possible drinking those coffees if you reduce your overall calorie intake (or increase your calorie expenditure by being more active).

Have you measured how much milk is in your coffee, to calculate the number of calories? Two sugars is probably 20gr at the most, around 80 calories ?

Depending on the type of milk you're using, you might be able to reduce the number of calories by choosing a different milk.
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 115 Member
    Cut down to 1 nice milky coffee a day and substitute the other with something else?

Cut both down to an Americano with a dash of milk and all sweetener no sugar?

My top top for changing coffee drinking habits is to give it 7 days. Somebody told me this and it has worked for me and for several other people i have recommended it to. I gave up sugar and sweetener this way, and, later, milk entirely. Just tolerate the weird tasting coffee for 7 days. By day 7 you'll realise it's not so bad, you will have adapted to it, and you can carry on.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I cannot loss weight because I have 2 milky coffees a day, with 1 sugar and 3 sweeteners and milk in a mug size cup

Exactly how many calories is that? I have no problem fitting several coffees with milk and sugar into my daily calorie budget.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,023 Member
    I consider the milk in my coffee to be reasonably nutrient-dense, very much worth its calories when I'm losing weight. No one moderate-calorie choice - which is what I'd consider a couple of coffees with milk and reasonable sugar to be - is going to doom weight management. If it's the easiest thing for you to cut out of your total diet, that's a choice you can make. If something else is easier to cut out, cut out the something else.

This is just a puzzle to be solved: Getting yourself to the right calorie level, and getting good overall nutrition from the totality of what you eat, while eating foods you personally find tasty and practical. Reduce or eliminate things that don't seem worth their calories to you, for their nutritional or tastiness value to you.
  • susanalsaword
    Thanks for your help
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    I'm curious, what made you think that your coffee was the main reason you aren't losing weight?
  • susanalsaword
    Because one Latte is 160 calories and I have 2 a day
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    I'm the same even though when I think about it and count the calories it really doesn't make a diff if you take it or leave it. However, I have changed to oatmilk. Makes me feel a little better and feels lighter to drink. I don't need much of it either.
    Maybe changing up milks will help so you can still use it.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Milky coffee can be taken in moderation.
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    I love my half and half. In my coffee and tea. I was drinking WAY to much of it but decided that I want it in my evening tea since I gave up alcohol last year and replaced it with tea which I enjoy very much. Sooooo half and half in my coffee is gone and now a drop of 1% milk. It’s choices that are sustainable.