Just out of surgery

I was in the hospital for five days had surgery and was told I can’t exercise for at least 4 wks. I’m so disappointed I was feeling good and then this happens and I’m worried that’s I’m going to gain so much weight back. Any tips?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    You just eat for your activity level. You don't need exercise to lose or maintain weight. Regular exercise is good for your overall health and well being, but for most people it's not a very big piece of the calorie requirement pie. Anyone who's into fitness is going to have to deal with stuff from time to time that isn't going to let them do what they would like to do. You just eat appropriate to your activity.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    It’ll be ok. No need to let this derail you! You’ve got this! Remember your “why”.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Set your activity to sedentary or lightly active and stay in your calorie goal.

You got this. 👍
  • katrina8039
    katrina8039 Posts: 13 Member
    I’m currently losing weight by diet only because I’m unable to exercise too. Surgery is a big deal! You don’t want to injure yourself more. Find yourself a good book or hobby and four weeks will pass by fast! Hoping for a speedy recovery! You got this!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,304 Member
    Can you walk? A couple 15 minute walks during the day (if allowed), can help.

Second the pay attention to cals.

Also, don't be surprised if it looks like you gained some weight 5+ lbs. Your body grabs and holds all the fluid it can while healing. Patience and persistance will prevail!