Made it through Week One

I know it’s probably not a big deal to most but I made it through week one. As a serial starter in the past, I would give up after a couple days. Especially after a “bad” day. Things that I am doing differently this time are adding friends for support (because I can’t quit now) and focusing on increasing fiber and protein, while fitting everything else I love in, if there is room. No more attitude of I can’t eat out because I’m on a diet. Tonight I had fried chicken from Publix and onion rings. I still have calories to spare.

If you are looking for more friends feel free to add me or leave a message for others to add you! My diary is open to friends. I’m not sure how I feel about making it public, but it will always be open to friends.

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    A week is an excellent beginning! Keep it up!. I log even the down n dirty as it is benefiting in the short and long run.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    I totally understand! I tend to go hard- for like 3 days, make some bad choices, and give up. I think a week is a huge breakthrough!
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    It starts with a week. Please come back next week to say you've made it to two. Good luck!
  • brandyryan311
    brandyryan311 Posts: 2 Member
    @katrina8039 how do I add you as a friend. You are my spirit sister. I didn’t make it through week one (week one for the 8,239,678 time) I just came off doing 2 months of Optavia and have gained 10.5 in 7 days. BUT here I go, June 24th, I’ve got this. Week 1 starting now.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Good job! Just keep going!
  • katrina8039
    katrina8039 Posts: 13 Member
    A little over two weeks in. Logging is so much easier. No more quick add calories, even though I was weighing food. It was easier for me to get back in the habit slowly. For anyone new that happens to read this, keep on going! You can do this.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    That's so good that you are weighing and getting into the habit. I love the scan-n-read app on the item and weigh it to match hehe. So easy from before, when it wasn't invented yet. You may find you tend to eat the same stuff, say at a particular meal. That's easy too.