Women 200lb+, Let's Make June Joyous!!!

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,545 Member
    Good morning!

39 years old
    SW: 300 lb
    GW: 190 lb (officially overweight instead of obese)
    UGW: tbd (closer to BMI would be 150 but not realistic with my health issues)
    June 3: 238 lb
    June 11: 236 lb
    June 18: 236 lb
    June 24: 234 lb

It's Friday! It's Ladies Movie Night at my house! It's my officially once a month full cheat day (not that I'll go crazy all day but if I start off with bagel this is the day not to feel guilty about it). Of course, I made it my official cheat day because of movie night. No one wants to look at all the food in their own house and not eat it.... or have half a bottle of wine because you're not driving. :wink: Tonight's movie is Stardust. It's such a goofy, action-y, weirdly charming film... and a favorite in our house. Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Claire Danes, Charlie Cox before he was Daredevil.

Since the scale didn't move last week (not surprising with my inability to exercise and my husband "helping" cook) I was ecstatic to see I was down 2 lbs this week. Plus I started back to Zumba again last night. I definitely had to slow down by the second half but I didn't overdo it either and it felt good to get a real workout sweat going again.

Tomorrow is the crab feast then the Freedom Blast festival so I'll try to log and stay on track but I might go way over on crabs alone. At least it's a protein and not junk food. I wish I could bring my food scale or figure it out as I went but I can guarantee that would probably cause some issues at an all you can eat event.

@seltzer_lover Being able to survive a truly snacky, bingey mood only over by 90 calories is still fantastic. I know when I get that way sometimes it’s really ugly.

@bojaantje3822 Mmm pizza. That’s what we’re having tonight.

@sargemarcori You got this. The scale isn’t the most important thing.

@cosmiccurves Nothing like a family visit to motivate unpacking. My daughter is also a HUGE Harry Potter fan. We always joke that our child is going to open her mouth and nerd is going to come out by middle school. By age 4 she had a favorite villain (Dalek from Doctor Who) and planned to marry Darth Vader. LOL.

@JAC581 It’s weird and seems backwards but sometimes when I’m at a plateau a few cheat days actually seem to recalibrate my system, for lack of a better term. Maybe eating the junk actually helped give you the whoosh. I’m so happy for you!
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Quick advice please! I am signing up for a co-ed young adults softball team and need to say my shirt size. We get the shirts in about 3 weeks. I wear a large in women's shirts (looser fit right now but not quite a medium). Should I order a medium or large, assuming it's unisex?
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    @pamperedlinny have a great relaxing evening and enjoy the pizza!

@CupcakeCrusoe omg all the pics look great! And your pole class seems like great fun
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    48 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277 ((in 2021 lost 57 lbs from May 1- Dec 31))
    June goal: keep some sort of deficit daily
    Ultimate Goal weight: 141 (normal BMI) No goal date, since the lower weights can take longer.

1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2
    3/1 165.8
    4/1 161.4
    5/1 156.8
    6/1 156.8
    6/10 155.4
    6/17 154.4
    6/24 153.0

🕊️Recuperate from illnesses and prednisone/hives. If possible, continue fitness journey and always be thankful!.
    🕊️Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    🕊️Weigh the food in the ‘test kitchen’!
    🕊️Remember: Total loss of over 120 lbs!!

I lost 3.8 lbs this month, I was hoping for 2 lbs, so I definitely did that! I am eating 1550 calorie cap (this is maintenance at my ultimate goal weight), and trying to exercise 500 calories every day (just walking, or low impact, NOTHING hard or complex) - except for days that my hives keep me incapable of doing anything. I am thankful for all the blessings!! Now for a favorite quote from MFP threads:

@ferousavocado quote: “You will never always be motivated, so you must learn to always be disciplined. There is no one big step that does it. It is a lot of little steps. The hardest part about weight loss is not diet or exercise - it's PATIENCE. It takes a long time. I constantly remind myself that we are in this for the long haul. We are in this for life! If I have a bad day, I log it and move on - the most important thing is getting right back to it the next day. It's about sticking with it. Dedication and persistence will pay off over time.”

@kenziestabes I would definitely get a medium in unisex. In November, I bought fitted large women's shirts and I was wearing medium unisex (180 ish for a shortie). While the women's fitted was a bit tight at the time, the medium unisex was not. Also, I was glad that I got a little bit smaller, as I of course continued losing weight, and now the fitted large women's shirts are loose. But that is 8 months I got out of those shirts!! That is why I say, if you are continuing on your journey, even if you get the little bit smaller, it is totally worth it!

• Inky_one
    Inky_one Posts: 13 Member
    Sw-238
    Cw-231

1lb on, but I'm gonna take that. Busy week. Lots of beige food (fish and chips. Chicken and chips. Chips). This week's goal is to get more colour onto my plate, ideally in the form of fruit and veg.

Got a brunch today but its a week till I weigh in next, plenty of time to get back on track! Hoping to get some longer walks in if the weather sorts itself out.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Height: 5'3"
    SW: 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW: 185.0 (6/4/2022)
    6/4: 185
    6/11: 184.2
    6/18: 184.4
    6/25: 183.4
    GW for June: 182.8, exactly 70lb down
    GW for 2022: 155

All right, there's still a few more days in the month to see that 182.8 on the scale. I feel good about how close I am, and I'm proud of how flexible I was able to be while my mom was in town - we went out for dinner almost every night this past week. I'm also proud of me for not buying food while my husband is out of town; it's very easy to say "well, I made this food for Us which means these servings are for Him and he's not here to eat them so I have to eat something else," when that's simply not true. Since he's not here to eat the food I made, that means he's buying food elsewhere, so I definitely don't have to also do that.

My pina colada oatmeal was delicious and I'm excited to eat the rest of it, LMAO. I made a double batch so I have six more pieces in the freezer. I cut the finished oatmeal brick into bars and wrap them individually in foil, then reheat for about 15 minutes in the toaster oven. Sometimes I'll drizzle with a sauce of some kind. Tip: you can put a metal or glass condiment cup on top of your toaster oven to warm honey or syrup for easier drizzling over baked goods ;)

I was supposed to make a batch of burritos for breakfast next week, but I do have plenty of frozen stuff in stock and I do need to make some room in the freezer. I think I remember someone asking for the recipe, I used this one: https://wellnessbykay.com/pineapple-coconut-baked-oatmeal/

My oven tends to run a little cold, I baked it for about 40 minutes. It probably could have gone longer tbh, but the bars did hold together once they were cooled and sliced with minimal stickage to the foil I wrapped them in.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hi ladies. I completely missed nearly all of June! I haven't been eating properly the past month and went off track with tracking and weight loss too. But I've got my appetite back and I'm 7.4lbs down from my highest so I'm glad I didn't gain it all back!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good morning everyone!

188 today, not worried about it. Today is the last day of my diet break, we'll see if I feel like eating at a deficit today. If not, back on the train tomorrow.

The party yesterday was fun, the kids had a blast, and I got to play Jackbox with friends. The plates, as promised:
    2adg5m680efx.png

We've still got almost full fruit and veg plates in the fridge, so we'll be snacking on good stuff for the next couple days.

Plan for today:
    1. make chicken in the crock pot for the week
    2. bag up some of the fun fruit for myself for this week, so I don't have to do it in the mornings
    3. figure out what I'm making for dinners this week, and prep if needed
    4. the house is clean, so I guess just... chill out? and clean after the babies before bed
    5. bathtime for babies

There are calls for a general strike tomorrow, I'm not sure if that's widespread enough to make a difference, but if I hear about it from somewhere with a big reach, I might participate, keep the babies home from daycare.

@roz0810 welcome back! You've got this!

Have a good Sunday, everyone!