WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
edited July 2022 in Social Groups
3xybgbfq0cqa.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs from June 26 - July 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    Welcome to July!

This is our home for the month, where all of our joys and challenges take place. Please (re)introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month. Focus on the small every day choices, and you will get where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86 . I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed it on while in an admin job that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise. In October 2022, I'll hit 10 years on maintenance, always refining and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link and how-to info are under "Announcements" on the main F2F page here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867737/f2f-habit-tracker-july-2022#latest

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals for the month, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live (if you're willing to share that), what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. Let the introductions roll!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Time to SHAKE THINGS UP! in our Jul Week 1 Group Challenge. Hope you'll join us this week!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867779/july-week-1-group-challenge-shake-it-up/p1?new=1
    Jessica :smile:
  • jugar
    Sunday people! It is going to be your day, on the first day of this month's challenge. You're ready, I know you are --

@deniners2
    @graceojo999
    @jan110144

If ever you cannot weigh in on your chosen day, just post a request for a week off or let me know if you are just going to be a day late or whatever. Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    @lauren_989

I think your July goal to track every day, regardless of whether or not you're over, is a great one. Sounds like that and some pre-logging will be great strategies for you. We are looking forward to hearing how it goes throughout the month!

@eggfreak

Sounds like a similar goal for you. I know when you're as busy juggling as much as you have on your plate that it can be hard to make time to track every bite, but I do think that is the key for sure. Being a caregiver on top of having a full time job and maintaining a sense of you is a big deal and I'm always so happy when you have time to check in with us.

Let's make Day 1 of our July challenge great!

To close off June week 4:
    6/26 exercise was 9930 steps

Plan for the day:
    -A walk with my dog
    -Peloton ride when I get home
    -A boat ride
    -On track food choices

Update on vacation flush out:
    Lost 5.2 overnight which was the big day I figured was right around the corner
    I am 2.8 away from my maintenance zone and hyper focused on getting back there for Thursday
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Great news Waistaways! Looking forward to seeing the final results but big congrats to @CarolAnnM2 and @PlaneMonkey for four weeks in the green and to our top three losers for June (drumroll please.....!!!!)

Got it @jugar - thanks for the update :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

uvu5sc6z0ucw.png
    8m0y42ig4n5d.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1hkswelbahny.png

By Pounds
    hn5h0gf5uyfn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    gfkh48kg1pm8.png

By Pounds
    e5upp1at6f32.png
    67oq1z4wr8pc.png

Team Winners
    zthymexdi468.png
    89475ggl8108.png
    de8hqiebwx6u.png
    9q57dac006xb.png
    9nzkmmqa4cft.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

mm1irzahbzrj.png
    c9s9imdc6a6u.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    5zlhl1wjhmag.png

By Pounds
    6ov942ctd4gf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    cscx9luejibq.png

By Pounds
    l2exd80rpvxp.png
    apm997rm1vcx.png
    al532xxptgot.png

Team Winners
    4aozj1bvhfaz.png
    iah9zoz9v1li.png
    3tg9rscnlclm.png
    7wvnbmsswen8.png
    rodbswt12ht7.png

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Here are my steps and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

Sunday - 4179
    Monday - 10150 / 41 mins Upper Body Pull-Push Supersets (SELF Spring Challenge 2022 Day 16)
    Tuesday - 10375 / 36 mins Single Leg Scorcher (SSC22 Day 17)
    Wednesday -10410
    Thursday - 14381
    Friday - 8203
    Saturday - 5206 / 40 mins Tabata (GrowithJo)
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    @ashleycarole86, here are my steps for tyhe last week

PW=89,30Kg
    CW=89,30Kg

steps 19-25
    Sunday -1,127
    Monday - 2,525
    Tuesday - 1,983
    Wednesday - 430
    Thursday - 9.942
    Friday - 0
    Saturday - 0
  • jugar
    edited June 2022
    jan110144 wrote: »
    My first day is not going all that well - Have decided to be firm but gentle with myself and allow a few days to get things figured out. In addition to sleep, my goals for July are to just establish some consistency … planning/logging food, actually COOKING dinner, paying attention to what works and what is causing problems, etc.

That said, my first day did not start out well I have a weird injury that is making doing things (particularly riding) problematic. These kinds of things are really challenging for me as exercise is a major mood enhancer and appetite suppressor for me. When I can’t do things, I tend to get very down and when I get down I EAT ☹ Have decided to take a few days totally off from the things that aggravate it and call tomorrow to schedule an appt with a sports doc. In the meantime, I need to work on non-food remedies for frustration and depression! While I am taking the bulk of tomorrow off, I will spend the time to set some clear goals for the month.

This sounds like a great (re)start. Consistency is a superpower, even if a weekly day off is part of it. Paying attention and experimenting - this works!

I can totally relate to the "weird injury" that makes riding difficult. I have weathered two of these. The first was a knee injury (not so weird) that made it impossible to put weight on the bent knee, as in NO stirrups! I rode on a bareback pad for a year. It did both my knee and my riding a great deal of good, partly because I was lucky enough to have a horse with such an amazing balance that I never felt off even if he bolted. A few years later, I had a fall that gave me a gigantic hematoma on one buttock. For a year I could not ride at all - could not sit on both sides equally. I had no problems walking, snowshoeing, or anything else that did not require sitting, but there was no way to ride. I finally had surgery after they gave up on it going away, and started riding again just over a year ago. Luckily all is well now. Physiotherapists are the best people on earth sometimes. I could never have gotten through this in decent shape without them. I hope your injury gets under control so you can ride more! It is truly a solution to a lot of those down feelings.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 768 Member
    PW 150.5
    CW 151
This discussion has been closed.