jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited July 2022 in Social Groups
What's on your mind?
c714ya6g6t4b.png

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    Checking in with all the captains. How are we all feeling?

Personally, it seems like I participate more as a facilitator to the team as compared to an actual member. I'm thinking of joining in on the step challenge just to feel more... involved, I guess?
  • jugar
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    I think that happens when we are in there for the long haul, but it is really important for the team to see you working at your own weight loss and fitness too. I don't know close you are to your goal weight, but sharing what you are doing every day is helpful to the team. Balancing act! Of course, we have to be the people helping out our team members, but that is why there are a couple of captains and at least one motivator. If one of them comments on someone's post, you don't have to unless you have something new to add. I think we need our teammates comments on our own progress too - and good discussions around questions that everyone needs.

Go for the step challenge for sure! I know my co-captain and I are always in there, and vying for top spot often - it is fun. We also use a conversion method to "translate" any intentional exercise minutes into an equivalent number of steps, so people who don't do a lot of walking but do other forms of exercise can participate fully. Here is the link to the document we use (sometimes loosely) if that is of interest:
    https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    @jugar Please switch the NWI to LWI for ewilhelm2487/SS as she forgot to post her weigh in with all of the weekend's festivities with graduation parties. Thanks! Jess
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,088 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm

I agree with @jugar - I try to add my own comments about what's up with me (as does she!) on top of checking in with others too

She's better at getting to everyone than I am - I do the best I can and with active group members as well I think it makes for good well rounded participation and conversation
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    @jugar
    Please move cheesy567 to support. She is frustrated with the app and for now has decided not to use mfp. Also, can you move madduck62 to Wednesdays for his weigh ins.
  • jugar
    @jugar
    Please move cheesy567 to support. She is frustrated with the app and for now has decided not to use mfp. Also, can you move madduck62 to Wednesdays for his weigh ins.

Does cheesy567 intend to come back? It sounds like she is just leaving. I'll put her in support, but if it really seems that she won't be back, go ahead and delete her from there whenever you know.

madduck62 to Wednesdays - AOK!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Can we mark @bumpbreakcar excused for last week? She's had some family stuff happen.
  • jugar
    Can we mark @bumpbreakcar excused for last week? She's had some family stuff happen.

absolutely
  • lindamtuck2018
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar

Does cheesy567 intend to come back? It sounds like she is just leaving. I'll put her in support, but if it really seems that she won't be back, go ahead and delete her from there whenever you know.

madduck62 to Wednesdays - AOK!

She probably won’t be back but she did accept my friend request. I thought it might be easier to move her back if she was on support. I know the last day or two, the app hasn’t been freezing or kicking me out much.

Also, we have an 8 pound loss for madduck. He is dropping water weight from medication and overindulgence on the weekend,
  • jessicakrall8
    edited July 2022
    @jugar Please remove the NWI from the last week of Jun and beginning column of Jul chart for coblujay/SS and switch to an LWI as she's reported in. I've updated both places, as well as this week's weigh in. Thanks! Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Please switch the NWI to LWI for walela617/SS. I've updated her weight for last week and today. Thanks! JK
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Not sure why ewilhelm2487/ss has an EXC on her name. She commented that she was going to weigh in either yesterday or today and just did so...maybe I missed a newer email? Note sure. I've updated her weight. Please remove the EXC. Thanks...JK
  • jugar
    @jugar Not sure why ewilhelm2487/ss has an EXC on her name. She commented that she was going to weigh in either yesterday or today and just did so...maybe I missed a newer email? Note sure. I've updated her weight. Please remove the EXC. Thanks...JK

I put that in because I saw her message explaining that she had been away and maybe needed the extra time - it looked better than an NWI!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @jugar
    Please excuse red1185 and jimboden3 from the week 3 weigh in. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @jugar
    Megan is taking care of things starting today. See you in a few weeks!
  • jugar
    @jugar

Have fun!! And @Megan_smartiepants1970 - don't hesitate to ask if you need any help!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    @jugar

Have fun!! And @Megan_smartiepants1970 - don't hesitate to ask if you need any help!

I definitely will not hesitate to ask if I need help... Thanks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited July 2022
    @Jugar... @MadDuck62 did not weigh in yesterday please mark him NWI ...Also should we remove one of the new members who has not shown up @carleymartinverbeck ? Thanks
  • jugar
    @Jugar... @MadDuck62 did not weigh in yesterday please mark him NWI ...Also should we remove one of the new members who has not shown up @carleymartinverbeck ? Thanks

I usually add the NWIs only at the end of the week - keep MadDuck and anyone else who did not weigh-in on the "reminder" list and then I'll double check on Sunday morning in case they weigh in at the last minute. LWI is only for anyone who weighs in after the tallies are done and their totals are not included in the week's calculations. Keep carleymartinverbeck on the reminder list too, and they will be removed only on Sunday if no weigh-in happens.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

I usually add the NWIs only at the end of the week - keep MadDuck and anyone else who did not weigh-in on the "reminder" list and then I'll double check on Sunday morning in case they weigh in at the last minute. LWI is only for anyone who weighs in after the tallies are done and their totals are not included in the week's calculations. Keep carleymartinverbeck on the reminder list too, and they will be removed only on Sunday if no weigh-in happens.

Okay sounds good ...Thanks
This discussion has been closed.