Snacks

Jenniferkcooper3
Jenniferkcooper3 Posts: 7 Member
What are some low calorie snacks that can keep you full or hold you over until like supper time?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Satiety is individual. What would hold someone over might last 5 minutes in someone else. Experiment with different things like string cheese, jerky, crackers etc. Personally I eat heavy meals and don't snack between.
  • Jenniferkcooper3
    Jenniferkcooper3 Posts: 7 Member
    Satiety is individual. What would hold someone over might last 5 minutes in someone else. Experiment with different things like string cheese, jerky, crackers etc. Personally I eat heavy meals and don't snack between.

Ok sorry I’m just started out asking questions
  • ryanfe3112
    ryanfe3112 Posts: 2 Member
    What are some low calorie snacks that can keep you full or hold you over until like supper time?

I like high protein snacks to leave me full for longer so tend to go for boiled egg or grilled chicken as my snacks,
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Ok sorry I’m just started out asking questions

What are you apologizing for? I answered the question. 🤷‍♀️
  • MissRevamp
    MissRevamp Posts: 10 Member
    Greek yogurt, hard boiled egg, apple with peanut butter, protein shake, bunch of raw veggies and dip made with light sour cream, protein bar, cheese, 70 cal tuna pouch.
  • kajokl
    kajokl Posts: 1 Member
    humus with carrots, frozen banana ice cream
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    I like fruit, especially during the summer, but sometimes I switch it up with a more protein-heavy snack like tortilla chips with bean dip or roasted edamame or with a sweet like homemade fudgsicles or sweet potato muffins.

Don't know if it's useful or not, but I try to do about half of a usual meal's worth of calories for my daily snacks. So, since my meal's are typically ~500 calories, I eat ~250 calories of snacks throughout the day. Since I focus pretty heavily on protein with my meals, it's nice to have some calories set aside for whatever less nutrient-dense option I'm wanting that day :)
  • Another great dip for veggies is plain nonfat Greek yogurt with a bit of hidden valley ranch powder mixed in, if you thin it a bit it makes a great dressing too.
  • Ska_fan2021
    Ska_fan2021 Posts: 8 Member
    Chocolate topped rice cakes or lentil chips
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    I have only snacked on hard boiled eggs, raw vegetables and hummus for the past several years.

I figure if those things don't sound appetizing, then I'm not legitimately hungry. If I really actually *need* food, then a hard boiled egg or two is tremendously satisfying and filling.
  • Flo131LB
    Flo131LB Posts: 9 Member
    LenGray wrote: »

Don't know if it's useful or not, but I try to do about half of a usual meal's worth of calories for my daily snacks. So, since my meal's are typically ~500 calories, I eat ~250 calories of snacks throughout the day. Since I focus pretty heavily on protein with my meals, it's nice to have some calories set aside for whatever less nutrient-dense option I'm wanting that day :)

I do the same - I make sure that every day, I have at least 200 calories for my snacks and eat whatever, I fancy - my favourite is making half a Bounty (uk chocolate and coconut) protein shake and freezing it, in a cup - it tastes great and takes so long to eat it, as it’s frozen..74 calories