Share your Numbers

Replies

• meggs9605
    meggs9605 Posts: 55 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Looks like you had a really good push between July and February and then slowed down a bit? How active are you under normal circumstances? Oh yes, hi hi!🙋‍♂️

So my activity level varies. If I had my choice, I would spend my days lounging and reading - so very sedentary! But I am a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst) and work in our local school district. During the school year I spend my days with wrangling and teaching preschoolers (mainly, but sometimes older kiddos too) with autism. So my day is jammed packed with meeting their sensory needs, climbing, running, being used as a human jungle gym, teaching skills, and handling unsafe behaviors targeted for decrease. It is exhausting! (And so fun and rewarding 🙂).

But outside of that, I don't do much other than dad to day normal family stuff. I do like exercise classes such a Barre', Yoga, and muscle conditioning. In the summer, I aim for at least 3 classes a week. But I hate cardio just for the sake of cardio. Also, much like my history of disordered eating, I can get quite compulsive with working out. I am an "all or nothing " type. So 3 classes a week can quickly turn into a 2 or 3 classes everyday with an additional 3-5 sessions of weight training. So yeah, I'm either a sloth or a Tasmanian Devil.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    well ms behaviour analyst... I think you've identified a couple of behaviours (all-or-nothing) that would make you happier if you were to change :wink: and :lol:

I was more asking about weight loss trajectories as opposed to activity levels. Was trying to figure out what phase(s) you were in... Sounds like you're on summer vacation and perhaps a bit less stressed by the rewarding (but I am sure somewhat challenging) kiddos?
  • meggs9605
    meggs9605 Posts: 55 Member

I was more asking about weight loss trajectories as opposed to activity levels. Was trying to figure out what phase(s) you were in... Sounds like you're on summer vacation and perhaps a bit less stressed by the rewarding (but I am sure somewhat challenging) kiddos?
    [/quote]

🤦‍♀️ I am so sorry! I feel like such a doofus, haha. So, right now I am "all in." Meaning I am in a pretty severe calorie deficit and getting back into the gym. I try to give myself a refeed one week a month, but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes my higher calorie week makes it more difficult to go back to my more a stringent plan. Other times, I feel like I am in a sweet spot and have too much anxiety about watching the number on the scale go up. And since summer (about 9.5 weeks) is when I have to most control over my food, schedule, and activities, I like to take advantage of losing as much as possible since I know it will slow down significantly once school starts.
  • PAV8888
    But make sure that you're not transitioning to less restrictive eating and extra stress at the same time without provisions for rebound regain management because that's a perfect storm as i have very personal reasons to know-- even when knowing it was coming!!!!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    May 31 2022 Weight 210.0 lbs

LW 6/17 206.0 lbs
    CW 6/28 205.6 lbs
    Loss 0.4 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 53.0 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 71.2 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 2.6 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 36.6 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 60.6 lbs
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    👍ABD.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Great work, ABD!
  • PAV8888
    At least we have a clock that works **more** than twice a day! 🤣 ABD!😘
  • Americanbabydoll
    It took me so long to post a loss because I got a sunburn on June 18th. I gained 4 pounds overnight and it took awhile for it to drop. My sunburn is mostly healed now and I finally saw a new low. I'm so glad that I have been a daily weigher for so long because I knew not to stress when the scale jumped due to my sunburn. I knew the cause and knew it would be fine.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,582 Member
    Great attitude ABD, and great progress!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Big Congratulations, @Dante_80 ! PAV is going to be so excited to see all these numbers :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Wow that’s a whole lotta measurements! Now that you know yourself inside and out maintenance should be easier to plan. Congratulations!🎉
  • PAV8888
    eeek eek eek Dante!!! Report your post to a moderator and delete pic and then put it up edited for name or on a time to die option... 'cause... remember: this forum is fully indexable by search engines... and searchable... and eventually OCR of web pictures will take place and that will be added to the indexes... probably maybe eventually!!!!! :cold_sweat:

OH: and I love the numbers and the info!!!!! YES I DO!!!!! :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    Awesome sauce and yes, your pictures were pretty lean mean fighting machine already!

And we can see from your fat mass measurements than in spite of still being at a BMI higher than 25 you are already at the lower end of having sufficient fat reserves.

So you sir are doing awesome. Now I realize you want to train and build muscle and I fully think you should train because, if nothing else, you will slowly start losing some of the muscle you still have from carrying the extra weight you're no longer carrying. So without appropriate exercise you will end up doing a reverse recomp unless you take counteracting measures.

But... I would be extremely cautious about the surplus. EXTREMELY. I don't know how many diets you've been on before. But the first six months are even more critical than the next six which are more critical than the next six and it continues that way for at least a couple of years if you want to avoid yo-yo issues.

And, respectfully, muscle mass or sacks of potatoes, the priority is lack of rebound regain. So unless you're using the regain as a way to ease and control the possibility of a rebound I would be extremely extremely extremely conservative on any surplus and gain goals. Having the implicit permission to gain MAY (MAY) make you slower to clamp down if you're overshooting. And don't forget that bodies naturally vary so there WILL be periods of gain during maintenance. Having an allowable level makes it POTENTIALLY harder to determine which level of gain is acceptable or when you have to clamp it.

AWESOME WORK. Now I want you here telling us all how well you're doing for multiple years in a row...
  • Bella_Figura
    Awesome work Dante! Moving to maintenance is very scary, but I have confidence that you've developed the skills to effect a sensible transition...and with Pav's good advice to guide you, your chances of success are way ahead of the curve. Backsliding is simply not an option!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    Many thanks for the kind words and advice guys! And yes, backsliding is simply not an option.

• Bella_Figura
    edited July 2022
    Talking of maintenance...today is day 1 of month 5 for me (16 weeks and counting...)

Given the wild swings I'm not sure if this graph is encouraging or discouraging, but judging by the linear trendline I'm guessing it's more encouraging than not. I still have about 7kg to lose to my ultimate goal weight, so being in maintenance-pushing-down is ideal for me. The aim is a VERY soft landing...

b092fk13e1ec.png

• Americanbabydoll
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    May 31 2022 Weight 210.0 lbs

LW 6/28 205.6 lbs
    CW 7/01 204.6 lbs
    Loss 1.0 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 54.0 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 72.2 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 1.6 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 35.6 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 59.6 lbs
  • PAV8888
    There is our ABD!!! Woohoo!
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2022
    BELLA! This ain't bad, right?!?!?!?! But yes, looking at it I will just say a bit more of the same. Try to limit your ups and downs if you can. Don't go bit. Go small! Dampen the pendulum! :wink: This is, of course, my personal take based on my own reactions to big movements up and down and the concomitant mental and physical stress they seem to generate to me.