NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning! It’s been a minute but I’m back. :grin: Life has been busy with Joe’s oldest son visiting for three days, my sister getting settled in, and our church saying goodbye to our beloved pastor. My emotions have been up and down, and my diet and exercise have been non-existent. But things are settling down and I think a new normal is happening, so I am getting back to my fasting and workouts. My sister is a huge help with housework and meal planning and I’m very thankful she has moved in. Joe is feeling the best he has in a couple of months, which is wonderful, and I pray it lasts. This morning I’m going to do a new Beachbody program that is only 20 minutes that I think will be a good way to ease back in and not kill my body. I read all your posts and will be back to responding along with you all soon! :grin:
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I did track yesterday. Eating wasn't bad. I am starting to look like my mother and I don't like it. I have never been so round in my belly before. I went for a walk last night and it was still HOT..LOL. I am determined to make small changes. Still not good on the water, I forgot to track it..starting again to track on that...It is so necessary.

@trooworld You can turn it around...You are Woman..LOL. I have been watching monster university with baby girl.. ( At least once a day). There is a scene in there where they have to walk through the library with out the "librarian" getting them and throwing them out...When you said you were a librarian...my "cartoon" mind went there..LOL I am sure you are a fun librarian. LOL

@Tamevv You are doing great. Yes 5 min is for sure better than nothing. I am trying the same logic on myself. Glad you are coming out of the fog of covid.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you are finding relief and a new normal. It's good to hear the "smile" in your post again. I am sorry about the Pastor, I was just thinking about my friends and how I don't see them as often as I would like. When we all went to the same church, and my close ones, we all worked at the church and saw each other every day...well we were family. It's sad that we all had to go somewhere else. We do keep in touch, but it's not like before. So I am happy that you are finding a new norm and it feels good.

cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Didn’t sleep well, woke up tired and grouchy. Unfortunately middle child also woke up tired and grouchy, so let’s just say that has not gone well. Weigh in saw the tinyest loss even after a few really great days. Disappointed but at least the movement is in the right direction. Cant wait to get them all out of the house so I can do a proper workout and shake it off. Am currently hiding upstairs with coffee 😞.
  • Tamevv
    edited June 2022
    Hi @cbabie I’ve started leaving a 500ml measuring cup on the sink and drink from it every time I go to the kitchen. As soon as it’s empty refill and repeat. I do have bottles everywhere as well but I have found this one has made significant difference. Also makes tracking easy because every time I refill it is 2 cups.

@teresaW1020 So glad to hear your sister is helping - and *genuinely* helping - not just visitor-helping 😉. It’s great to hear things are settling, must be such a relief to have some pressure off. Hope you enjoy the workout, I’m really looking forward to mine today - always feel so good after.

@trooworld. Aaah, I always do that too - I know full well if I go anywhere I will add a sweet, I just am useless at restraint. All the sweets look so delicious and I tell myself I’ll just have a taste and save the rest for later or sharing or whatever, but I never do 😔. So I have to be really strict with myself and never go to the cafe next door. I do make sure I pack both savoury and sweet options in my bag tho, because sometimes you just want the other that is not your “norm” so I know I have to have both options - that way I don’t have the excuse to go buy something.
  • Tamevv
    So during school run I started having pains (relatively normal - just annoying) so had to have drugs and take it easy when I arrived home, so pottered and chores etc. Problem was that left me very tempted to continue “relaxing” and not so the class. Thankfully I got some irritating emails from work which led to my blood being up, and hard physical activity suddenly seemed very appealing again! 1hr step class complete 😁👍 (never thought I’d actually appreciate receiving irritating emails 😂)

PS - sorry for all the multiple emails, posting here is helping keep me on track but I can save all my little comments up till the end of the day and just post once a day if you prefer - I won’t be offended 😊).
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm glad you are getting back to a routine, that should help a lot. I'm also glad that Joe is feeling better. I'm sure it was really sad to see your pastor go. Good idea to ease into the Beachbody program! Welcome back!

@cbabie So why didn't you track? Just curious. LOL I am WOMAN and I will turn it around, hopefully sometime before I die lol. LOL you and your cartoon mind! I don't work in the public library system so luckily I don't have to deal with the craziness that entails but I do have to deal with a lot of politics thanks to working in a corporate library. But yes, I am a fun librarian lol!

@Tamevv I hate when the scale does not reflect my hard work. :( But yes, the scale is going in the right direction and just look at the NSVs you experienced this week, it all adds up! Yeah I know very well that I like savory breakfasts but I still packed it lol. Your way of packing is a good idea. Thanks. Sorry about the irritating work emails but good job with the exercise!!! Do not worry about the multiple posts, post however and whenever you like!

Hello all. Yesterday was only slightly better than the day before: I got a bagel with cream cheese but nothing else. That isn't ideal but it's better than the burrito and cookie from the day before. I am working from home today and tomorrow so it should be better. I am getting off at 1 today because I have an appt and I'm glad about that.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    So I'm checking in......we are in Chicago at a friend's. Plan was to stay until July 5 and celebrate the holiday here with friends from college. My kids were going to drive down from MN on Saturday and meet us and then we go up to my daughter's in MN. We got in on Tuesday. Yesterday we made our friend go get a covid test. She's positive and so she's up isolating. I can't seem to quit being around friends with covid. LOL I just got out of covid jail on Monday. Then this morning my sil called and now my mil has covid. She's in the hospital. We just sent her on Saturday. The dog here chewed up my sunglasses this morning. So I figure from here on out my vacation has nowhere to go but UP.

I skimmed the posts I missed. Seems @retiredandlovingit is in covid jail too. @tamevv You wanted to ask me something? I read @trooworld 's post.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Oh gosh, that's awful! I'm so sorry. I hope things get better. You can't catch a break, eh?

Hi all. I'm so glad it's Friday and a new month. Starting tonight at 6, we are dog sitting 2 rescue pugs until Tuesday. One is completely blind and the other might be partially blind. It should be fun! I was going to work out this morning but I have a headache so I will have to take some medicine and hope it goes away. My June was semi-successful. I was really consistent with tracking and exercise. I wasn't so consistent with water. :/ Here is a pic of my habit tracker for June.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

ussqrf9t0ifa.png

• TeresaW1020

@cbabie I hear about how hard it is to keep in touch. I’ve had other friends leave the church and we touch base, mostly on FB, from time to time but it’s not the same as seeing them every week. :/ Getting back to eating right and working out so I don’t end up looking like my mother is one of my big motivations too! :grin:

@Tamevv Post away, girl! I’m not offended at all and if it helps you stay accountable that is why we are here. I love that you used those irritating emails to do something good for yourself. :)

@theslightedgeforever Bummer about all the Covid that is surrounding you! I hope your MIL will be OK and get out of the hospital soon. I don’t pay much attention to Covid anymore but when it puts someone in the hospital that is a bigger deal for sure! :#

@trooworld Yayyy for a new month!! Your tracker looks good. Why don’t you lower your water intake to something that is more doable for you and then make that number a non-negotiable? Seeing more Xs might make it more motivating for you. :)

Hello! Today was a good day. My sister and I went shopping and out to lunch. She wanted some new clothes for church. I’m super happy that she is willing to go, and I know she will love it and fit right in with us all. We also started a diet competition that started this morning and will run for four weeks at a time. The winner at the end of the four weeks has to buy the White Claws (hard seltzers) for that Friday evening. We both like to drink but have decided to only do it one night every four weeks. It will be good to have the competition and someone to help keep me motivated. :)
  • Tamevv
    My baby’s birthday party today - turning 11. Had sushi and chocolate and ate a whole storm from Hungry Jacks (Burger King for you I think?). I knew as soon as I ordered it I shouldn’t, and wanted to cancel but was embarrassed about that, and then tried to tell myself I wouldn’t eat it but of course I did 😔. Will also have cake later and pizza for dinner. And I don’t want to skip those two because they’ve been planned for ages and I just don’t want to. Right now I really wish I could do a workout but have kid visitors till midday tomorrow. I’m feeling okay, mostly just disapointed with myself about the storm - that is the thing I could have easily skipped. If I’d been alone I would have put it in the bin and walked out, but didn’t want to get questions from the boys. I hear myself giving so many excuses 😔. I’m okay though, just disappointed. Im on track with water and will do the strength and elliptical exercises as promised. So far since my commitment I forgot the strength yesterday but have done both each other day so far.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 That's a great idea. I will lower it to 50 oz, which is 2 of my tumblers. Your competition sounds fun and with a good prize! Good luck!

@Tamevv Happy birthday to your kiddo! I love sushi and chocolate (not necessarily together though lol). Just start over with your next bite, it's okay everyone has to enjoy life! :D

Hi all. This has to be quick. We are dog-sitting 2 blind pugs this weekend and let me tell you, it's a handful between them and our pug! There is one good eye between them all lol. The male keeps marking in the house so we ordered some belly bands from Amazon which should be here today. The female and our female keep fighting. It's crazy around here lol. And on top of that, I went to weigh in and our scale needs charging so I will have to weigh in later or tomorrow. Have a great Saturday!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, sorry I missed some posting days...been crazy here too... I have been doing my You Tube videos for exercising every day this week, but today so far..went for a walk last night as well. My "rash" is back on my upper chest...Its all red and blotchy...could be just plain old STRESS...I haven't used sunscreen since the first break out. I have not been tracking that well, out of my routine this week...so trying to get back there, but I am making better choices..

just a quick touch base with everyone..

@Tamevv you can post as many times as you like...no offense here..LOL. Happy birthday to your "baby", funny how they just grow up.. :). Well I say celebrate the birthday and then repeat you good habits the next day. :). a loss is a loss, we always count them as positive no matter the amount.. :)

@trooworld LOL sounds like you have a FULL House.. yea corporate is always politics. I hated working corporate...worked for a family owned business for over 20 years and then owner sold to Target...UGH
    I saw something on one of my FB post yesterday, that reminded me of you.. they had "drawn" in their planner what looked like a row of library books with no writing on the binder and they were going to write the name of the books on them as they read this year...thought it was cute.

@TeresaW1020 Glad you seem to be laughing again...makes my face light up.. LOL. Yes I liked it when me and my daughter would bike ride everyday, but for various reasons that has stopped...One IT"S HOT OUT..LOL..

@theslightedgeforever so sorry about the Covid, but I see you as violet on The Incredibles..putting a "shield" around you and DH....enjoy your vacation

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Morning everyone. Despite eating EVERYTHING yesterday I’ve woken up hungry??! My body is strange. So I’m making birthday pancakes (low cal version for me😊) and here to commit to tracking everything that goes in my mouth today - AT THE TIME I EAT IT. I think this part is key for me - forces me to acknowledge the numbers and hopefully think twice. (The caps are emphasis for myself - not yelling at anyone 😊).

Hope you’ve all had a good day.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi all..have been out of Covid jail for a few days, lol. Couldn’t happen soon enough, dh was going stir crazy once he started feeling better.

@Tamevv Happy birthday to your youngest. My youngest gkid is 11. (Have 4 gkids, 11,12, 13, & 15) I agree…post as much as you want. I am not as good with daily posting…I don’t always get on the computer & don’t like typing on the I-pad (which I am doing now, but wanted to post something). The last few days I have been eating more than I should, too.

@cbabie, Sorry about your rash again. Hope it gets better.

@trooworld Wow, sounds like a fun household for a few days! Lol Your chart last month looked pretty good..great job tracking! Been trying to get more water..try to drink a big glass(about 16oz each) at least 4-5 times a day. It seemed to help with the scale, lol.

@TeresaW1020 Glad you are enjoying your sister being there. A weight competition sounds fun…good luck!

@theslightedgeforever Hope your vacation gets better! Have fun.

Didn’t think we were going to see Dd & the 2 gkids from OK, but they surprised us & drove up today. Think they might stay all next week while she works from home from here & we had already said we would have the other 2 here next Thursday-Sunday. Might be a full house for a bit, lol. So I will probably be MIA for awhile, lol.

• Tamevv
    Update: got stressed with pancake prep and had to redo the crumble, then forgot to make my own low cal version. Decided instead of just having the normal ones and resenting it that I’d skip it and make something calmly later. Enjoyed my coffee and watched them all enjoy a zillion calories. After it all was packed away, decided I just felt like my usual breakfast of eggs on toast so had that in my own peace and quiet. Exercised on morning then hungry by 11 so had a small piece of leftover baked chicken breast and Parmesan veg (thanks @trooworld) which hit the spot. Last meal on the party agenda was kebabs for lunch - no idea how they are still eating at all, but off I went and argued with myself the whole way there about whether to partake or not, and convinced myself at the last second not to. Felt mixed about that decision and wasn’t in the mood to sit around while they all devoured theirs, so instead I’m sitting upstairs in the sun creating a chart inspired by @trooworld to record my progress for July. Leftover pizza planned for dinner which I can afford and am looking forward to. Would also like to have a small piece of cake but don’t know if I can afford that or not. I have already done my cardio (20mins) and an hour of playing on the wii fit including some strength and stretching exercises. So far so good today but only because I’m being really conscious and intentional. Successful but draining 😕
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Yay for being consistent with the exercise this week! I'm sorry about the rash. What about calamine lotion for it? I haven't tracked that well, either, not since the pugs got here. :( I do have a full house and it's driving me crazy lol. That sounds cool, the planner stuff. I just bought a "digital planner" for my tablet, I haven't quite figured it out yet but I will. I'm a digital gal as far as keeping track of my appointments go.

@Tamevv Sometimes when I eat a lot, especially if I eat late at night, I am starving when I wake up. I don't know what it is. Birthday pancakes sound fun. Do you put sprinkles in them? You may call them Jimmies? Have a great day! Great pivot when you forgot to make the low cal version. Yeah, those parm veggies were good huh. Yay for a chart! I highly love mine. :D Sounds like a good day.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Welcome back to the real world lol! I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Yeah, I do have a full house, I don't know about fun, it's kind of anxiety-provoking watching all these dogs lol. Drinking water definitely helps with weight loss! That's nice that DD and the 2 gkids came up. YOU have a full, fun house! LOL Enjoy it.

Hello all. Before I forget to tell you, I lost 2.7 lbs this week which was a surprise because I was way over on my points. BUT...I have been exercising and (mostly) drinking my water. Well, this house is just pure chaos. I didn't track yesterday but will go back today and track as much as I remember. I can't take my eyes off these dogs for 2 seconds. We had an awful thought: what if the foster family doesn't come back to pick up these pugs??? That would be so terrible on so many levels lol. Right now, it takes both my husband and me to walk the 3 dogs. It is NOT sustainable, it shot any dreams of me having more than 1 dog I tell you that! LOL Have a great day, folks.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Huge congrats on your 2.7 lb. loss!! That is awesome! B) Sorry that the dogs are proving to be such an ordeal. At least you know now that you shouldn’t get another dog. :/

@Tamevv what a great NSV that you decided not to eat the birthday pancakes or the leftover kababs! That really shows so much strength and determination to stick to your plan. Thinking before eating and determining if it works for you or not is such an important part of the weight loss journey. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yayy for being out of Covid jail and getting to spend time with your family. Will you all go see some fireworks? :)

@cbabie Ouch so sorry about that rash! Stress can do funny things to our bodies. Prayers for a calmer week for you! <3

Hello! Well, church was good today even though my pastor wasn’t there. The interim pastor is an awesome man, and we are all very blessed to have him during this transition season. My sister came with us and really enjoyed our little church, which made me very happy. I did a good workout this morning before church and fasted for a little over 19 hours. Tomorrow there might be a bit of indulging but not too much! :/
  • Tamevv
    @retiredandlovingit - glad to hear you’re free again. Hope you have a great time with all the family.

@trooworld - haven’t heard of Jimmies, and hadn’t thought of putting sprinkles in them but it’s a great idea! I make them with faces and pictures on them which is fun. Usually save a grumpy face for DH 😂. Awesome news on your loss - that’s a big one! Whatever you did, keep doing it!

Thanks @TeresaW1020, I was really doing so well. Unfortunately i tripped at the end - DH was short with me, it was probably unintentional but I was wrecked and on edge by then, and it was enough to get to me and I ate cake and ganache 😔. Only a small piece really, but it was purely reactionary and meant I don’t get to put a pretty picture on my new chart. My energy and restraint was just all spent by then I guess. Hope you enjoy some controlled indulging 😉

Today has been super good for me - water tick, all my exercises done, and didn't even snack on the offcuts while making kids sushi for tomorrow. Am exhausted and looking forward to bed. Haven’t been sleeping well (becoming a concern - I’ve had issues with insomnia before) and we are going away next week which is starting to play on my mind. Anyway am off now to track and pick pretty pictures for my chart. I’m hopeful I’m on track for my first full set of the month 🤞
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah, they are a handful lol. But yes, I know now I do not want more than one dog at a time! LOL I'm glad you enjoyed church with the interim pastor. You are doing great!

@Tamevv I think some parts of the world call them "Jimmies". Faces and pictures would be so much fun! Thank you! Sounds like you had a great day, yay you! I'm sorry about the sleep issues, I suffer from sleep issues too. I hope you can figure them out.

Hi all. Only 32 more hours until the dogs go home but who's counting? LOL I have to find a way to fold laundry today and that's about the extent of my work. Usually, I meal prep the day before the work week starts but I just can't do it. I may try, but it's so hard with these dogs. I did "ok" yesterday: we had a healthy breakfast of smoked salmon toast and then I didn't really eat besides snacking on chips :( . I made air fryer hot dogs and Greek pasta salad for dinner: https://www.skinnytaste.com/greek-pasta-salad/

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, this weekend has been stressful, yet blessed all at the same time. I haven't weighed yet today...morning got all messed up.. already went for a walk and wanted to get on here before I get sidetracked.

@trooworld So sorry about the chaos with the dogs...your last statement reminded me of someone...this person always wanted 5 or more kids, until she watched my 2 daughters when they were very little..LOL. I am so happy for you on your Weight Loss...keep moving forward...you are putting good habits in place.

@tamevv So sorry about the stress, but you sound like you made some awesome pivots when things didn't go as planned...that's always a key...sometimes I don't pivot so easy..LOL I like the name birthday pancakes...I love pancakes anytime of the day..

@TeresaW1020 Oh awesome you sister liked your church...so happy to hear the smile in your posts! You are getting things in place and you like it. LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yea on seeing the family unexpectedly...glad your off quarantine..LOL. I am glad you checked in, even if it's just to say hi....

Cbabie