WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    I had a very packed day today and will be getting to bed early tonight! We left at 5 to get my husband to the airport in Montreal by 7, then I had a breakfast meeting (a lot more than I usually eat for breakfast, but still reasonable). Then another 90 minutes of driving to a flute builder - I got there a bit early and took a walk around the village before knocking on the door. It was by then a perfect day - not too hot, sunny, gentle breezes. The walk felt good. We spent a couple of hours fixing up my flutes (him) and trying out every flute in the place (me!) then went out for lunch (salade niçoise - fabulous), played duets in an old church for a while (great acoustics), and then I finally headed home. I did a good pilates session to get the driving kinks out, went out and checked on all the gardens, did some watering, and then I had dessert for dinner. Back to more veg tomorrow! I'm looking forward to my few days of being alone in the house.
    /quote]
    THAT sounds like an AMAZING day!!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    A good day yesterday. Ended with everything on target … sleep, exercise, food. Still not riding and not at all sure when that might be (☹). The prednisone seem to be helping a bit, but not resolving the situation as of now. Starting to do some exercises that might help. In the meantime, fortunately, walking does not seem to cause any problems and is not painful, so can still get some exercise --- 15,836 steps yesterday. Set the dates for a two-week trip to Maine in September. Will be going with a friend in her camper. Went over to take a look at it yesterday … her husband is currently doing some redecorating. Should be fun, but definitely will be close quarters (maybe a bit of a challenge for someone used to having unshared space!)

@AshenMoon CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding. Wishing you and your new husband much happiness.

@ashleycarole86 Glad your evening turned things around last night. Hope your today improves over yesterday.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,900 Member
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

Goal Zone
    Maintenance range 160-165

CW 163.2

WOOT WOOT

You are seriously kicking **kitten**!!! Now I kind of wish you had stayed on the regular team just for this week. Think what a 12 pound loss would have done for our stats!! Mind you, I always get worried when people post a huge loss - it usually means a bounce back. But in your case, the UP was the bounce and you are back to normal. Well done!
  • jugar
    @PlaneMonkey you too! A lovely week, and tackling the snack last night certainly helped.

I am now back on the habit tracker for the month, so I have to be good. Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Today the biggest workout will be tilling the compost heap. It is a huge mess, but even in its chaotic state it makes good compost. We call it the raccoon restaurant :smiley: All the critters help us out by pawing through it, chopping things up, and (believe it or not) setting aside all the teabags that my husband keeps putting in there even though I have forbidden it due to their plastic content. The raccoons and crows seem to be quite diligent in removing them for me, though, and they are easy to pick up. Now I'm just paying more to get tea with 100% compostable paper bags. Sheesh.

Strawberries! I'm picking strawberries today at a friend's organic farm. Best ones anywhere. Yum.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @AshenMoon congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful day.

@lauren_989 we make chilli, Bolognese, pasta sauce - I sometimes cook chicken and bacon to use with the latter. Curries and stews are good too, with soups and marinated chicken for lunches. I also like to have bananas in - can't go wrong with banana sandwiches! You can freeze baked goods too like cookies, cake etc, though of course that's not really a meal. 😉

Yesterday and today have been really busy. We went for a walk with a friend after work yesterday, then had a beef stir fry. Today I was in the office and didn't take loads of snacks - or buy loads either - so pleased with that. We had chicken jalfrezi for tea and omitted the cumin seeds from the recipe which made the heat much more pleasant; normally it's a bit too hot. The evening got away from me again today and I'll be going to bed soon.

We've got a friend coming to stay on Saturday, so we're also going to be cleaning. We're doing an escape room with the friend, and crazy pool which is like crazy golf but pool. Should be fun, though food plans are quite calorific. Will limit snacking to compensate. I'll cram in allotment time, food shopping and some batch cooking too - that's me going back to work on Monday for a rest. 😆
  • jugar
    edited June 2022
    DD265 wrote: »
    - that's me going back to work on Monday for a rest. 😆

You are not kidding!! You sound like me back in working days - non-working days were far busier than working ones. Just keep loading up on the vegetables and less on the other stuff over the time when you're visiting and playing crazy pool! Part of your food prep can just be cutting up all the good raw veggies to have with hummous or some kind of not-too-crazy dip. Have a blast!
  • jugar
    edited June 2022
    @mmarceau2 - you're off to a great start getting ready for the trip. Take a few deep breaths and trust that your wonderful son will have a great time and camp, and if some little difficulties arise, he'll figure it out. He's one smart little guy! The mom stuff does get better. The more they can do and the more you see how they handle things, the less you have to do for them. It's amazing. Then you get to be the person who has known them the longest and best, and they still can turn to you when they need the absolute most honest, rock solid help. It gets better. Really.

Now. Do you know any fabulous women in their early 20s who would like to meet my son? He really, really needs a sassy, funny, bossy woman in his life :wink:
  • jugar
    Line up, oh Friday people - let's have your lovely numbers!

@EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz
    @micki48
    @robinhardysmall
    and @bowens1973 - are you weighing in this week? Or still on the road?
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    I also like to have bananas in - can't go wrong with banana sandwiches!

I have to ask about this because I'm SO curious!
    How do you prepare this sandwich? What kind of condiment goes with it?
    I have peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but you aren't mentioning peanut butter so that makes me think there's a different way!

• ashleycarole86
    Thanks @jugar
    I just made sure not to let that crazy jump get in my head and got back on track.

Great weigh-in @PlaneMonkey ... you are so in the zone!!

@CarolAnnM2 Love the idea of celebrating your success with an event. Hope he was funny!

6/29 exercise:
    11212 steps

I was in the office today but Brad was working from home. We are still not on the road for the trailer yet though - so much to do after work! I am exhausted, I rode the Peloton for 60 minutes and it wiped me out today. Brad is showering and then we are on the road.

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    I am also intrigued by the banana sandwich. What kind of bread do you use? Is this a treat, or a meal?

Anyone else with an android phone having problems with the app crashing? I'm logging in through my internet browser on the phone instead. Curious if it's just me, but it has been doing this all day.
  • ashleycarole86
    @PlaneMonkey He just shut it down but @bowens1973 is having the same issue.. I have an android and no problems here. Odd. He too used the web browser to get in
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2022
    I also like to have bananas in - can't go wrong with banana sandwiches!

I have to ask about this because I'm SO curious!
    How do you prepare this sandwich? What kind of condiment goes with it?
    I have peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but you aren't mentioning peanut butter so that makes me think there's a different way!

It's literally bread (or toast) and sliced (discs) banana. If I wasn't watching my calories I'd use butter; often I go without and don't find the sandwich too dry. When I was growing up, three slices of toast with two layers of banana in between was my favourite. As an adult, thick soft fresh white bread (sliced or rolls) or toasted bagels. Such a good fall back option.

@planemonkey I would have it as a snack or meal, depending on the quantity. Two slices of bread/two rolls is enough for a meal, one would be a snack!

I've never tried it with peanut butter - something to think about, though I'd need to buy a jar!
This discussion has been closed.