Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    You have a new member heading your way! It isn't actually July yet, so we're letting a few more folks join :smiley: Please welcome @Divya365
  • teshea69
    teshea69 Posts: 6 Member
    User: teshea69
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 204.2
    CW: 202.6

The support from this group is amazing, I'm so happy I signed on for this!
    Ortho told me today I can go back to the gym for 'modified' workouts, I can't believe I'm excited to workout. I'm continuing to track everything I eat, it really makes a difference, I'm finding myself wanting something to eat then taking that extra minute to look at my food diary. Friday is Canada Day, it'll be interesting to see how I make out during the celebrations over the weekend.
    Thank you to everyone for the posts, just reading what you all have to say is tremendous support!!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 514 Member
    @judiasverdes its actually @vegan4lyfe2012 Mantra "No Zero Day's" But I think about it every day, so I have adopted it too. Please correct me if I'm wrong but basically it means to get your but up off the couch and do something, anything besides vegging out. Move! A zero day is where you don't do anything, you don't accomplish anything, it's a wasted day. A No Zero day is where you do something, it can be simple like read a page in a book. This website sums it up really well. https://flow-e.com/blog/no-zero-days/#:~:text=A%20No%20Zero%20Day%20is%20a%20day%20when,sustains%20you%20in%20the%20quest%20of%20your%20goals.

I have read a little bit each day for the past 6 weeks. That counts towards my no Zero Day's. I have several Mantra's. Life is not Perfect! Forgive yourself! I am good enough! At the beginning of the year, we had to come up with Yearly goals, we did a lot of goal setting plus a Mantra. Since its mid-year maybe we need to go back and review them or make new goals for the remainder of the year.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @trooworld I hope today is better for you too!

@TeresaW1020 I know you'll rein it back in Teresa, you got this! Glad you're back to fasting!

@judiasverdes The wild animal show sounds fun! Sounds like yesterday was definitely a win!

@Divya365 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@teshea69 Congratulations on modified workouts, that's so exciting! I'm glad you signed on too! It's crazy how much logging helps, before you do it, it seems so tedious but it does make a large difference. Happy Canada Day!

@FushiaKat I like your mantras! No zero days! Reading anything good? I'm almost done with my book and need something good up next.

Hi everyone, woke up super early and had my workout done by 7AM and errands done by 9 so I mostly read and cleaned the house, my allergies are bad today so taking it easy. Tomorrow's watering at the farm, PT, and a telehealth call then most likely the farmer's market. If any of you are interested on Sunday we're starting an eat the rainbow challenge so if you shop during the week like me to avoid crowds get ready! Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 83 Member
    User: Divya365
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW:169.8
    CW: 168.6
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.5
    CW: 138.5
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    @TeresaW1020 It's good to "see" you! I hope the visit went well. You have to climb out of that hole you are in, friend. It sounds like you have a good start. You've got this!

@judiasverdes We need to celebrate the wins, congrats!

@teshea69 I'm glad you joined, too! :) That's great you can go back to modified workouts. I hope tomorrow goes well for you and you enjoy the holiday.

@FushiaKat I think it's a great idea to have a mid-year check-in with our goals and mantras.

@Katmary71 Thank you, yesterday was only mildly better but today will surely be a winner! Do you like sci fi/fantasy? If so, I'm reading a really good (although a bit long) book, "The Fifth Season" by N.K. Jemisin, I highly recommend it: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19161852-the-fifth-season

@Divya365 Welcome to the team! Great loss to start off your journey!

Hello all. I'm experiencing some depression and that isn't mixing well with my weight loss journey. I am frustrated and depressed and it isn't going well. I know it will pass but it's hard to go through while you are going through it.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    gum2752n4ztx.png
    MID-YEAR CHECK-IN!

Did you set any goals at the beginning of the year? Tell us how it is going for you. Are you meeting them? Need to tweak them? Don't feel bad about moving the target to a smaller goal, small achievable goals get you to where you want to go!

If you didn't set any goals in January, now is a great time to set some. Make them S.T.A.R. goals: Specific (make your goals specific and narrow for more effective planning), Timely, Achievable, and Relevant!

MY CHECK-IN:
    My goals for the year were:
    Read/listen to 55 books (read for 15 minutes every day) - I've read 22 books so far, so I am a bit behind but I'll catch up!
    Track at least 2 meals each day Monday-Friday and 1 meal each day Saturday-Sunday - Done this so far!
    Drink at least 50 oz of liquids every day - Grrh I need to work on this.
    Meditate for at least 10 minutes each day on the weekends - Haven't been doing this.
    Go for a 10-minute walk one day of the weekend - haven't been doing this BUT I've been active in other ways so it's all good.

I think I will tweak my goals to the following:
    Read/listen to 55 books (read for 15 minutes every day) 
    Track at least 2 meals each day Monday-Friday and 1 meal each day Saturday-Sunday
    Drink at least 40 oz of liquids every day
    Exercise at least 2 days a week

How are you doing?

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    Hi everyone it has been a rough couple days have been so busy with everything had my nieces for 5 days and plus my kids just lots of running around. I don't know if I am coming or going plus vehicle issues just so stressful lately! going camping this weekend for the 4th of July won't see my husband until sunday due to work schedule and camping! I have to do my workouts today I have been busy weeding the garden and my clothes are getting loose but the scale is not moving it says I gained a couple of pounds my eating habits have not been the best lately I do have to admit with having all of the kids. I just feel like a failure lately because my whole routine is off!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,125 Member
    @Katmary71 – I will definitely have lots of tissue! Sorry your brother doesn’t want you talking to them, but I guess he has his reasons.
    @judiasverdes - @FushiaKat summed up No Zero Days perfectly. Like my daughter might leave me with 2 sinks full of dishes. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by thinking I have to wash them ALL at one time, I can be satisfied knowing I did 1 sink full instead of sitting on the couch doing none of them.
    @trooworld – Hugs and hang in there. Depression is no joke. Like a never ending loop. I made your card last night and I'm dropping it in the mail this afternoon :smile:
    @TeresaW1020 – I can’t imagine the roller coaster of emotions. Hugs and prayers!
    @DanielleHeitzenrater – Hopefully doing some camping and getting back into nature will help. The busyness of life catches up with us, that’s for sure. Have fun!

Mid year goal check in: I don’t think I set any specific goals except to have no zero days. I need to think about setting some specific ones.

I’m looking forward to Sunday. My local town has a HUGE fireworks show (it’s been #1 in the Midwest for decades). I take my chair and walk to the field (it’s just over ½ a mile). Thousands of people descend upon my village that has a population of 850. There’s no vegan options there, so I cook vegan hot dogs, wrap them in foil, and take the buns and condiments and we have a picnic and listen to the live music before the show. Hunter and her fiancé are joining me. Every year after the fireworks, we watch Independence Day. The movie came out in 1996, when my son was 10 months old. Saw it on opening night and he sat on my lap and just stared in awe at the sights and sounds (he typically cried in any theater). Have watched it every year for the past 25 years. We end up going to sleep around 3am by the time it’s over. It’s a super fun tradition. Any other Americans on here have fun Independence Day traditions?

NO ZERO DAYS!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    @broncobuddee I've been prepping for surgery this past week and just got home from the hospital! Here is my last weigh in for June. I think I will take July off to recover. What do you need from me?
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 5/20/2022: 224.1

Check in weight (5/27/2022): 222.6
    Check in weight (6/3/2022): 221.0
    Check in weight (6/10/2022):221.2
    Check in weight (6/17/2022):219.5
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursday
    PW: 167.2
    CW: 166.5

So glad I posted a loss. I still really want to lose 1 full pound one week. I haven't been exercising as usual, but my eating has been under control. I have a party on the 3rd to go to which I am dreading purely because of the food involved. I would prefer to eat beforehand and not eat at the party, but then everyone asks why I am not eating, and it feels a bit rude not to eat. Someone on here suggested once to just put a tablespoon of each food on the plate, but I have serious self-control issues with food. :#

@RaquelFit2 No idea how I missed your video link the other day, but thanks! I will use it as my exercise tomorrow.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@Katmary71 Eat the rainbow challenge sounds like a great idea! I am definitely ready to get back on track. :)

@trooworld Yes, I feel like I’ve been in a hole but I got a good grip on the ledge and I’m coming on out! :grin: That mid-year check-in was painful since I’ve done so poorly this year. BUT the year isn’t over, is it! We both need to turn our depression around and get excited again to tackle our weight loss. <3

@DanielleHeitzenrater I totally understand how hard it is when your routine is off. Maybe while camping you can steal a few minutes for yourself and do some self-reflection and make a plan on how you can get back in control. First, start by doing some deep breathing and being kind to yourself. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 What a wonderful July 4th you have planned! We were just talking about doing our usual which is giving the dog a pill to calm her down as we curse the neighbors for shooting off their fireworks. :D Your day sounds much better!!

@judiasverdes I also have control issues with food so I totally understand your frustrations. My recommendation is to eat before the party, so you aren’t hungry. Maybe get there and down a big glass of water to help make you feel fuller. Then look over the food and ONLY take things that you truly love and can’t eat all the time. Eating a bunch of chips is not a treat because you can always have chips. Eating a small slice of something homemade and decadent might be worth it to you. Most important is to decide that you will have fun at the party and not let the food control your behavior. :)

Hi Team! Today was good and relaxing. I did a workout this morning and then some housework. My sister and I decided to challenge each other with our dieting starting tomorrow. We will weigh in every week and the one with the biggest percentage at the end of the month will be the winner. We are still working on what the prize should be. I really LOVE the idea of No Zero Days and will make that part of my July plan. I tend to start out with all these big plans, but if I could just commit to No Zero Days that sounds so achievable.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 474 Member
    Hello my lovely Slims. I’m not going to try to catch up tonight, but just wanted to check in. It was a busy few days out at the farm, since I’ve been back, sleep has been elusive. I was able to get some sleep last night, I got a lot done today and two gym classes which felt great as I haven’t been since Sunday. I will hopefully get some sleep tonight and not have quite such a busy day tomorrow, then catch up with everyone tomorrow afternoon :-). My eating has been pretty good, I have definitely missed being able to work out on a regular basis. @Katmary71 after helping out in my sister-in-law‘s garden for a few days, I give props to you!❤️😊
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @trooworld Thank you for the recommendation, I thought of going to where we were posting books but am having issues with my library card, just got it to work, nevermind, yay! Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with depression, it's hard to imagine it passing when you're in it, I hope it doesn't last long. Does anything help to bring you out of it?

Mid-year goals: I'm going to start doing Eat the Rainbow, trying a new recipe each week, and doing a dance video each day so those are current ones that start tomorrow.

@DanielleHeitzenrater Sounds like you have a lot going on! I hope you have fun camping. Maybe once you get back it will be easier to get into routine? Having kids around would definitely add a huge challenge.

@vegan4lyfe2012 The fireworks show sounds exciting! I hope you all have a blast, I love being around live music. Great memory of Independence Day, I saw that in the theater too.

@leonadixon I hope surgery went well and you recover quickly!

@judiasverdes Best of luck at the party, you can always say you have dietary restrictions or allergies, I tend to do that plus I'm diabetic so I really shouldn't be eating most the stuff at parties but tend to let that be the one time I do and go back to not eating it again afterward.

@TeresaW1020 I posted the rainbow challenge on my feed but it will be our challenge as of Sunday so start planning your menu! I love that your sister is doing a challenge with you, that's perfect to have a partner at home with you.

@laurelfit57 I bet you had a lot of exercise on your trip, glad you were able to get some exercise in! Yeah I come home from farm days which is only a couple hours totally exhausted, my home garden isn't as bad but there's a lot of stuff.

Hi everyone! I keep waking up super early so I was up at 3, I got my sleeping medication prescription changed but have to wait for it to go through insurance. I did my workout, had that appointment, then had physical therapy and I'm pretty beat. My garden's hanging in there, I skipped some of the watering tonight to do in the morning. Tomorrow my neighbor and I are going to the movies so I need to work out and get my grocery shopping and a run to the bank done first. Have a great Friday!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 246
    CW: 245
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:223.5
    CW:222.6
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 166.8
    CW: 169.5

:s
  • x_Lian_x
    x_Lian_x Posts: 5 Member
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 209
    CW: 211

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
    Not sure whats happened this week ive even been working out 🏋️‍♀️ 🤦🏻‍♀️ And doing C25k( currently on week 2) As well as calorie counting

Oh well persevere with it, i have recieved my new kitchen scales today so hopefully weighing all my food correctly (instead of trying to guess) will help a lot.

Heres to a loss next week!!
  • trooworld
    @DanielleHeitzenrater I'm sorry about your busy/rough week. Hopefully once your days get back on track, you'll feel better. That's great that your clothes are feeling looser! Have fun camping. I love to camp!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's exactly what it is, a never-ending loop. :( I've had it since I was a kid. Thank you again for sending the card, it will come at a perfect time. <3 Your fireworks show sounds fun! That's a great tradition. We don't really have specific traditions, just trying to keep our dog calm during the fireworks. People in the neighborhood set them off; in the past, it scared our dogs. I don't know how Daisy will do but I suspect she will hate them as she is very skittish. I am making food on Sunday, I'm finally making that Skinnytaste Greek Pasta Salad @Katmary71! I also got some hot dogs.

@leonadixon Speedy recovery and welcome back!

@judiasverdes Congrats on the loss! For the party, can you eat some food before you go (not a full meal), just to take the edge off so you can have a chance at controlling what you eat?

@TeresaW1020 That's great to hear! No, the year isn't over....move the goalpost and keep going!!! Yes we do. I'm in a slightly dark place right now. I need to get out of it. I'm glad you had a relaxing day. That's great that you and your sister are competing. I like the idea of NO ZERO DAYS for you.

@laurelfit57 I hope you can get some sleep.

@Katmary71 You are welcome! Yeah depression has plagued me since I was in grade school. What helps me is distraction, time with friends (although ironically I isolate when I am depressed) and just time. Thanks. I like your mid-year goals! Yikes, 3 am, that is early! I hope you have fun at the movies. What movie are you going to see?

@davors19 @davidji82 Congrats on the losses!

@x_Lian_x Sometimes the scale does not do what we want. Hang in there!

Hi all. I had a pretty successful June, I hope to have a better July. We are dog-sitting 2 rescue pugs starting tonight at 6. I hope my pug gets along with these two that are coming.

This discussion has been closed.