Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good afternoon,

Nap is on the way. Not as hot as usual, just tired from all the end of year stress overload.

Eating is okay and if you consider muffins and ice cream as nutritional, then I am a super-star!!!!

Have 500 steps to get before lights out.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    rtlh6x18ze94.jpeg
    *** June 30 ***

Wow, it's the last day of June already.

Sara - I understand about the muffins and ice cream.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store. As I passed the rotisserie chickens, I said to myself - Oh, I'll pick one up after I've shopped for everything else. Well, I bought cookies, half a cake, some cooked shrimp, then some "seafood dip", Jimmy Dean sausage, some cans of soup. Then I checked myself out, forgetting to get the chicken. I did portion out the cookies and cake and put it in the freezer. Gah.

Sleep last night was not long enough; I am dragging. When this happens, I do try to fall asleep again, but all I do is ruminate.

BBL

Lana

266.2 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Tiring week with hot weather and fiscal year end.

Eating less junk, at least for today.

Not sure if I will get 5k today, but somedays it is better to rest.

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Happy Friday!

Muffins and ice cream... I could get behind that diet plan :)

Week 1 down in the new house and we are going out of town today through Tuesday so naturally I have yet to cook anything in the new house other than a turkey sandwich but apparently eating sammies for dinner the last 3 nights worked somewhat well cause I still lost 1lb this week, very surprisingly.

Do any of you have an Apple Watch? I feel like my step count has been much higher than my accurate steps lately. I've also noticed that for some reason, MFP has been showing more steps than my watch tells me for the day. Anyone else having that issue?

weight.png
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2022
    bvr9t5b7xnus.jpeg
    *** July 1st ***

Good morning all~~

Jesi - I have an apple watch, but I like to look at miles, not steps. I can say that the watch agrees with the mileage on the trails in my area.

If you like steps, you can simply set a goal number for yourself, and try to make that goal each day regardless of whether or not it is accurate.

I ordered a battery-operated digital thermometer for my bedroom. It was cheap, and no, it doesn't match any of the other thermometers in my house. However, I still use to to judge whether it is cold or warm in the room, you know what I mean?

Sara - by the time you read this, your work week will be over. I hope that you have a weekend that brings you rest and joy 🌷

Waves to all who stop by~~

Lana
    266.6 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Passed out finally after work and slept right through the 7:00pm no eating time limit. I did eat a little something before I crashed. Had a pot luck at work and we know that is calorie heaven.

Boss is happy, seems we made her look good-- roll my eyes permanently. We are running out of extra work - so temps who have been working for 15 months are leaving. That is a good temp job though.

Weekend will be slightly crazy as I have let deadlines for my personal infrastructure go - but I am asking a neighbor to help me do some damage control.

Scale is staying low for now and that considering my last 6 weeks is a huge victory.

Its a calorie - free drink extravaganza at the Cabana club all weekend - what a deal!!! Put on your favorite music at home and dance along.

• LanaCabana537
    al2smjnecpha.jpg
    *** July 2 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Congratulations on keeping the scale number low. That is a big deal! πŸŽ‰

So yesterday, what with the bronchitis thing coming back, I did a covid test, and it was positive. Good grief. The last time I had that bronchitis in May/June, I twice tested negative. Maybe that was covid too? I likely got this on the plane home, because I did have my mask off to drink my soda. Dang.
    So I will be staying home alone for a while. I had no plans with other humans over this weekend anyway. 😐

🌴 As Sara said, calorie-free drinks and treats at the Cabana Club all weekend! 🌴

Lana
    266.0 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Woke up and decided to go out to eat. Will bring half home. Have not been able to afford it but after this past June, one day eating out is a real treat.

Walking also on my agenda.

Lana - sorry covid is in your home. Take it easy moderate exercise and stretches.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    urbnzaccnvee.jpeg
    *** July 3rd ***

Happy Sunday 🌷🌷🌷

Yesterday I worked in the yard for 30 minutes, and I managed 15 minutes in the pool. The watch says I got in 3 miles/6663 steps! Last night I did not get enough sleep, so today may be less activity.

Sara -
    Did you go out to eat? What did you have? I am living vicariously through you.....
    I would love to go out to eat, but 1) I need to keep away from people, and 2) there just isn't a good, comfy, greasy spoon diner where I live. 😐

🌴 *waving at Philippe for more half-caf* 🌴

Lana

266.8 today (popcorn last night?)
    exercise yesterday βœ”οΈ
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon just,

Salt found me and my scale is back up. That's why eating out tastes so good. I had an eggwhite omelet with bell pepper/mushrooms/spinach and artichoke hearts, potatoes and sour dough toast.

Tuesday I have to go for Jury Duty, I have never been able to get away from it. It pushes all my "pissed off" buttons (just believe me on this one), and I have to do it. Maybe I will get a lot of steps.

Waiting for my grocery delivery so I can make a nice lunch salad.

Lana - good job on your steps.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2022
    lmqkivgz72ev.jpeg
    *** 4th of July ***

Good morning~~

I forgot to wear my watch for the work I did outside yesterday. Bummer. It was 30+ minutes of work and 20 minutes of water exercise.
    Then I had soy sauce with my gyoza at dinner, and the scale laughed at me this morning.

I'm feeling a tad depressed this morning; I don't know why.

Lana

267.4 today
    exercise yesterday βœ”οΈ
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Hearing all the fireworks go off, I wander briefly outside to look and see how close they are.

Tomorrow will be a tough day, so I will make a salad tonight and take water and better snacks. It is not supposed to be too hot so that is good.

Lana - one day at a time - glad you got your exercise in even if your watch didnt count it- your body did.

• LanaCabana537
    ews5pj4kudwt.jpeg
    *** July 5th ***

Good morning ☁️πŸŒ₯☁️
    Cloudy day here, which isn't a bad thing.

Sara - Sorry to hear that today will be a tough day for you. Sending good vibes that you experience something really nice βœ¨πŸ’«βœ¨

Yesterday I was in a bit of a funk, so I did very little. It was very hot; I stayed inside all day.
    Not yet sure whether the funk has carried over into today.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.2 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    A day late but Happy 4th everyone! Was busy spending time with family. Had a nice phone conversation with the admissions advisor today. Going to apply to that school and check out a few others.

@LanaCabana537 hope your getting out of your funk. Think it’s in the air. Sending hugs.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Today went pretty well considering Jury Duty brings out my past inner demons. They can go away for awhile which is nice.

I have no idea how much walking I did but it was enough for me to feel it. Scale is telling me I gave in to my stress this weekend.-bah

Salad made for tomorrow back to work. Will see if anyone else is gone for lack of work. Hope not.

Lana you can still get calories burned inside. I would just need to take on one room in my house to get my exercise in.

• LanaCabana537
    sma3pamfefq8.jpeg
    *** July 6th ***

Hello All~~

Sara--happy for you about no jury duty for a while....

Missy - are you thinking of starting your studies this coming fall?

I'm not feeling great - there is a civil war going on in my lower digestive tract. Otherwise I feel quite good. I got a positive result on the at-home rapid test this morning. Bah!
    Also, I woke up with something going on with my right knee - delayed side effect of being on a ladder a couple of days ago?

Waving to anyone who pops by later on today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

264.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

When you come home and crash and oversleep your alarm - it is not surprise that your night flies so quickly.

Lana- I hope your knees are okay. Did you ice them? The stairs for the streetcar system here are so steep and too steep for me I am surprised I did not feel it. Next time use the ramp for the old folks - I am over 55 so there. Your scale is being friendly so good for you

Food choices are okay until I get home. Scale is not too bad but onwards we go. I left my coffee mug at home and had a sweetened tea 88% of my sugar - have a little sugar.

Knitting *kitten* hats for ladies at the church. I will see if I can find more pink yarn at the church. They have boxes of it.

Okay I am yawning again.

• LanaCabana537
    tj3mfbbbete1.jpeg
    *** July 7 ***

Good morning β˜€οΈ

My knee is getting better. Yes, ice and ibuprofen are completely relieving the pain, which is in the back of the knee.

I need to knock of few things off of the 20-item Do List. Ugh.

Sara - have a good day. I'm guessing that the church ladies want you to knit baby hats for an upcoming charity sale?

BBL

Lana

266.0 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I got "kittened" oops. Sorry, no these hats are pink and look like kitten ears. Tired of making scarves for the upcoming craft sale.

Friday- no boss and someone is supposed to bring doughnuts - so in case I have ordered rice krispy treats and mini doughnuts (chocolate covered and powdered sugar covered) to be delivered in an hour or so.

Monster uses the word "issue" for my FMLA - what a crock. It is hard to stand out of the way of her bad karma but I do try.

Lana -glad your knee is doing better and anything you can take off that list is progress.

I am finding pictures of dogs online to print at work for the "dog days of summer". After our festive 4th it just looks so drab and I asked if I could put up pictures and got okay for dogs from Monster.

Knitting and who knows what --- I need 1K more steps.

• LanaCabana537
    cct1bnwroes7.jpeg
    *** July 8 ***

Happy Friday All~~

Sara - that is cute about the hats. Here I thought that you were grumbling about having to make the hats and you used the word kitten instead of cursing! Ha ha. Little pink kitten hats sound adorable!
    Also, the donuts sound really yummy!!
    Yes, stay out of the way of Monster and her bad karma.....she's like a bad dust storm rolling through.....
    Glad she is not there today.

I slept well, and I am now chipping away at that Do List.
    Yesterday I got a notice from the water company that they detected a water leak somewhere. Sure enough, the other toilet is quietly letting water run through, so I shut the valve off. So another item--plumber--goes onto the Do List..... Ugh.

🌴 Happy Hour at the Cabana Club after work today 🌴

Lana

263.6 today
    no exercise yesterday (sick)