Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• Just checking in and giving my steps for this week so far:
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514
    Struggling a bit today, very hungry with a mad chocolate craving, but i haven't given in to it, still going strong 💪
  • Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 220.2
    CW: 218.2
    🙂

Nice loss, well done
  • i have my weigh in day tomorrow, should i report my weight in stones and pounds, or just pounds? Im used to measuring in stones, i can convert it though if not, Thanks 😊
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Just checking in and giving my steps for this week so far:
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514
    Struggling a bit today, very hungry with a mad chocolate craving, but i haven't given in to it, still going strong 💪

I need 6/26 for your steps please ... Thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    i have my weigh in day tomorrow, should i report my weight in stones and pounds, or just pounds? Im used to measuring in stones, i can convert it though if not, Thanks 😊

You can weigh in however you want and if you want to convert you can or we can convert it
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    i have my weigh in day tomorrow, should i report my weight in stones and pounds, or just pounds? Im used to measuring in stones, i can convert it though if not, Thanks 😊

It is ok either way. I can look up the conversion and do it. What ever you are more comfortable doing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2022
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514

Fight the cravings. It is hard sometimes. I am trying to stop potatoe chips. Last night I craved them so bad. I have been using rice cakes to get the crunch. The best part is they are only 35 calories. Is there anything you could substitute for chocolate.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 220.2
    CW: 218.2
    🙂

Fantastic!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514

Fight the cravings. It is hard sometimes. I am trying to stop potatoe chips. Last night I craved them so bad. I have been using rice cakes to get the crunch. The best part is they are only 35 calories. Is there anything you could substitute for chocolate.

When I want potato chips I either go with celery with cream cheese or PB or I make fries out of turnips
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. I hope everyone is ready for the weekend. Only 1 day left if you aren't ready.
    Check in for 6/30:
    Steps - 4760 plus 20 minutes bike moderate effort. No long walk today.
    Calories - 2240 or close. I think I got everything but not sure.
    Exercise - gym after lunch. 10 machines but still reduced weight. Not as reduced as last time though. Also 20 minutes recumbent bike.
    @lindamtuck2018 the walk was my trip. Sorry for the confusion. I was researching how much new glasses would cost.

My app quit working today. I Uninstaller it but haven't found out how to reinstall yet. Will ask daughter tomorrow.
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514

I need 6/26 for your steps please ... Thank you

Hi, sorry it was 10,134
  • Weigh in day.. 💪🎉
    SW-180
    PW-176
    CW-173
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514

Im allowed dark chocolate but was going to limit it to a small piece at the weekend. Last night i had banana with greek yoghurt with tsp of honey and it satisfied my sweet craving a bit but not entirely . Sounds like your doing great, its good you found a low cal alternative
  • ciararcj
    ciararcj Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all,
    Weigh day 😁
    SW 182
    PW 177
    CW 176
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    Hello everyone, my names lis and I'm from the UK but have been living in Spain for 20 years. 59 years old, and I've been losing and gaining all my life! Last August I was 276lb but by April had lost 60lb. Had 8 weeks off on maintenance but now I'm back and ready to lose another 21lb :)
    Think I've messed up already as I didn't realise I should weigh in last Monday sorry!
    Here's Mondays info

Cw 216
    Pw 216
    Loss 0

But wait till next Monday!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian teammates! Enjoy the holiday weekend!

6oqeu2gofkgl.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514

When I want potato chips I either go with celery with cream cheese or PB or I make fries out of turnips

I love turnip. Send me the recipe for the turnip fries. I am trying to watch my cholesterol so cream cheese is out but depending on how the turnip is fried it maybe ok. My dietitian told me I can never do keto because of my high cholesterol. It was a diet that always intrigued me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. I hope everyone is ready for the weekend. Only 1 day left if you aren't ready.
    Check in for 6/30:
    Steps - 4760 plus 20 minutes bike moderate effort. No long walk today.
    Calories - 2240 or close. I think I got everything but not sure.
    Exercise - gym after lunch. 10 machines but still reduced weight. Not as reduced as last time though. Also 20 minutes recumbent bike.
    @lindamtuck2018 the walk was my trip. Sorry for the confusion. I was researching how much new glasses would cost.

My app quit working today. I Uninstaller it but haven't found out how to reinstall yet. Will ask daughter tomorrow.

Ha ha! I can’t read. Great exercise day. Your converted steps will be amazing.

Weigh in day.. 💪🎉
    SW-180
    PW-176
    CW-173

Amazing loss! I remember a trainer at my old gym was a competitive body builder. He was a big chocolate addict. When on training he would line up 6 chocolate chips each night and slowly eat them to help with his cravings.
    ciararcj wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Weigh day 😁
    SW 182
    PW 177
    CW 176

Awesome loss!

fatfifties wrote: »
    Hello everyone, my names lis and I'm from the UK but have been living in Spain for 20 years. 59 years old, and I've been losing and gaining all my life! Last August I was 276lb but by April had lost 60lb. Had 8 weeks off on maintenance but now I'm back and ready to lose another 21lb :)
    Think I've messed up already as I didn't realise I should weigh in last Monday sorry!
    Here's Mondays info

Cw 216
    Pw 216
    Loss 0

But wait till next Monday!!!

it is a bit confusing when we start the July challenge in June. Each monthly challenge runs 4 or 5 weeks. No worries and I am sure you will have a great week.

• lindamtuck2018
    Exercise: mini walks and I washed all my baseboards

It’s a long weekend here in Canada. It always throws me off schedule when hubby is off. I am heading to the pool early today as I am having coffee with friends at 10. So far our flights are ok.

Happy Friday!
This discussion has been closed.